PDA

View Full Version : Hayward Misubishi, warranty problems!!!

gaughtboost
06-09-2004, 11:26 AM
i took my car into the dealership, had it checked out for synchro wear, but i was told that the technician could not find or hear the problem. so i went on a little drive with a manager, he drove and of course there was no grinding. so i got in the drivers seat and sure enough it started again. so i was told at this time the grinding is very minimal, and that the factory would not cover the claim, but what was cool, was that they told me that i have to turn my car back to stock, and if the problem persists, or progresses that if i bring the car back to them they will try to do whatever they can do to help me. anyoner else have any problems with their synchros after getting them replaced the first time? also, if anyone has any problems with their EVO, i strongly recommend that you give Usman @ Hayward MItsubishi a call. he is the service associate that helped me out. 510-733-6800.

Evo8andahalf
06-09-2004, 12:12 PM
actually i dont really like going to their dealer, had lots of problems when i bought my car and when i returned a couple weeks later for parts..a dealer that i do recommend is the el cerrito mitsubishi

xchoirboy
06-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Took mine in Monday to ask about griding I get from going into reverse (It could be me). They told me that it was normal. It doesn't happen all the but, it is still annoying when it does happen. :?:

vtluu
06-09-2004, 04:48 PM
I've had my 5th gear synchro fixed under warranty (at Hayward in fact; took them a whole frickin' week :roll:). Apparently there's some sort of design flaw with the synchros whereby something can come loose (or something like that), specifically (they said) 5th gear and reverse.

I've not had any grinding problems with reverse though I notice sometimes it feels like it doesn't want to let met shift into reverse--I pull the shift lever to get reverse and it seems to stick/jam so I can't quite get it into the position where the gear is actually engaged. Then I have to roll the car forward just a tiny bit before I can get reverse gear to engage.

BluEvo
06-09-2004, 05:04 PM
that kinda stupid if the dealer says it happens, don't worry about it. if there are many complaints of grinding then they should honor and fix all that come in for those problems. :pissed: i mean it's not like only one Evo comes in for that problem. sorry to rant just had to get that out. cause i have the reverse thing going on too. but i 'd rather wait until another thing goes wrong so i only have to have it down at one time.

Evo8andahalf
06-09-2004, 10:16 PM
i have more trouble getting it into first..took me about 5 times trying from neutral and some more times restepping on the clutch

crapsstickman
06-10-2004, 08:59 AM
I am having the same issue with problems engaging into 1st and reverse from a dead stop. Wondering if I am having the same issues as you guys. But, I also have a after market Spec Stage 2 clutch. I've been thinking that that has been the problem. :?

Actually took it back the clutch shop that installed it, and they said it's a hardware failure. Either the pressure plate is not releasing or something is wrong with the Flywheel. I might see if the warrenty is void since I installed an aftermarket clutch. Mitsu in Roseville said it is. Sucks for me. :(

EvoVIII
06-10-2004, 11:15 AM
man, Hayward Mitsubishi SUCK ASS, they Can't EVEN FIX the SQUEEKy Noise on my@!#*()*(@# RacAro SeaT For got F(@*#K SicK

Evo8andahalf
06-11-2004, 12:19 AM
yeah i prefer randy at el cerrito, i shoulda bought my car somewhere besides hayward..what a mistake..i dont even know if its just me but i seem to be having a lot of problems with my car..

gaughtboost
06-11-2004, 02:44 PM
i seem to be having alot of problems lately too... i un-installed my boost controler now my car won't boost past 13psi. I checked to make sure that my pills wee still in the line, and they are both there. if anyone can help me with this problem i would appreciate it.

MitsuMan
06-11-2004, 05:25 PM
:) relax you guys about the reverse thing all cars at one point in time do that the reverse gears are staight cut and sometimes the teeth don't line up it happens on all makes and models 8) :shock: First gear!!!! thats not good to hear if it happens in the morning then its normal cause the sycros are cold and probably stuck together from cooling down the night before or whatever they contract and the brass cone sticks to the speed gear if your clutch is not disengaging you'll know by ginding into reverse after a dead stop for half a second or so sycros can mask a sticking clutch disc or pressure plate ouch I'll stop now my brain hurts :thumbsup:

crapsstickman
06-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Now, Mitsuman... This kinda sounds like what happening to me. But let me give you some more info and see it if still makes sence that it is a syncro problem. I have been testing differtent conditions and the only thing that seems to work is this.

If I start it up in the morning and let off the clutch to let her warm up, this problem occurs. If, when I start her up, and don't let off the clutch and go straight into gear, I have no problems. The same is tru when coming upto a stop. If I hold in the clutch (which I never do) It'll engage into first just fine. But if I let off the clutch out of gear, I have a hard time engaging again. :?

Tell me if this sounds like the syncro problem you're describing. I need to get a second opinion about that... May take it into Mitsu and pay the diagnostic fee just for them to check it out. :roll: