PDA

View Full Version : Helical front diff

RonV
06-11-2004, 09:34 AM
Hi guys, anyone here in the Bay Area running a helical diff in a '03??

8)

vtluu
06-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Someone with an RS would... Does Quaife have a front LSD for the Evo8 yet?

warpspeed
06-11-2004, 11:19 AM
I believe I just saw a ad for that but not sure it they actually make it yet. You know how some of those companies are. they would advertise something and say it is in the R&D stage. Always jumping the gun, sort a speak.

GokuSSJ4
06-11-2004, 11:58 AM
i know Mark -GT40 is working on getting his quaife front LSD , which the price will be around 1200.00

Absinthe
06-11-2004, 12:06 PM
I am under the impression a helical front diff on this car with ABS would be a difficult combination..now it read that in SCC or some equaly high brow car rag so its not bible but check into it.

RonV
06-11-2004, 12:51 PM
Man, it would be perfect to get the front diff. I would be happy with my car....................unitill the next part that I start Jones'n on!!! 8)

JanSolo
06-11-2004, 01:07 PM
Like a 6 speed gearbox and ACD from an 05? That is what I have been looking at for a next major purchase.

robi
06-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Helical won't mess with the ABS and the first Quaif unit is "in the Mail"...give them another month and you will be able to buy one. (Check with RRE they are the "point man " on this part.

RonV
06-12-2004, 06:36 PM
Helical won't mess with the ABS and the first Quaif unit is "in the Mail"...give them another month and you will be able to buy one. (Check with RRE they are the "point man " on this part.Robi,
Does that the diff is going to come out soon? I am sooooo looking forward to a helical diff. I have been watching a thread on Evolutionm.net about a group buy. It's kind of a joke. It's like " Let's start this thread and maybe if the list gets long enough, they will make it.". :roll:

On a different not: RRE is runing a torsen on thier EVO right? Is this a custom 1 off?????

Nuke the gay whales for Jesus,
Ron

robi
06-12-2004, 06:55 PM
It's out of an EVO 4/5 I think and a custom install. I just got unbelievable support from RRE for the USCC and just missed getting the first Quaif by a week. The Group buy will go through RRE Best shop for this (or any DSM EVO) mod job. David Buschur (not known for his freely given complements) told me RRE was the ONLY shop on the west coast he would trust to do the job right every time. They are also the ONLY reason quaif is giving this matter any attention at all. They are the Western Quaif warranty center and shipped Quaif UK an USDM transfercase and that along with alot of begging to get and keep this project going. Buy RRE! (I think you'll get it faster too.) ;-)

Zeus
06-13-2004, 12:29 PM
I can't wait to see how these work out on daily drivers.

robi
06-13-2004, 06:42 PM
thats the neat part! get off the gas and the front helical dif releases and turn in is just like a stock open dif.

MarkSAE
06-14-2004, 09:22 AM
Anyone know if we can retrofit an OEM RS LSD front diff into our trannies? I'm sure the an OEM RS LSD front diff would be cheaper than a quaife.

gt40
06-14-2004, 09:26 AM
I'm sure the an OEM RS LSD front diff would be cheaper than a quaife.

The rs diff is 1400 or so and the quaife is looking to be less-
Originally Posted by MikeW on evolutionm.net:

Quaife England asked for the small piece that the diff splines fit into to check the fit. We sent it to them and it is all good.

Quaife has the prototype front diff built and will be shipping it to us next week. We'll put it in a car and beat on it. If it is all good, they go into production. Once in production, figure about a month after that to get them here.

We should have pricing next week sometime. I expect it to be pretty close to $1100. Even if it is a little more for the list price, I'll do the first batch at a special price if necessary to reward the guys that have committed early. They will build 30 diffs (unless a bunch of additional people sign up in the next couple weeks).

Once I have firm pricing, I will set up a web page with info and pics and instructions on how to give a deposit to get one reserved. Depending on how these sell, the next batch will be about 3-4 months later.

Mike W

besides, the quaife comes with a lifetime warranty including racing! The quaife will likely outperform too...

MarkSAE
06-14-2004, 02:08 PM
Cool.. Can one of these be installed w/ the tranny still in the car?

EDIT:
I just quickly looked in the manual, and it looks like the front diff is in the transfer case assembly? If so, that'd be sweet. It would be much easier to install.

evo_dadi
06-14-2004, 06:54 PM
hey gt anyword from quaife yet? i havent checked the thread at evom for a while so dunno whats going on now.

gt40
06-14-2004, 08:07 PM
They are testing the prototype now and if all is well maybe next month. RRE is using a local evo to test it....

It is coming!

MarkSAE
06-14-2004, 08:09 PM
Any word on how soon it will be available to the public?

evo_dadi
06-14-2004, 09:05 PM
They are testing the prototype now and if all is well maybe next month. RRE is using a local evo to test it....

It is coming!

hmm and that would be who ;)

gt40
06-14-2004, 09:27 PM
not I :roll: