PDA

View Full Version : Would you guys mind looking this over?

ludachris
06-11-2004, 12:50 PM
We've been working on building a massive parts catalog (we aren't a retailer so we're not trying to spam here to sell parts). Our goal is to give Evo owners one central location to find every aftermarket performance part available on the market - a master catalog. This way, people don't have to click around to different vendors or ask in forums to find all the different parts available and what they cost (cat-back exhausts for example). We'll work on listing all of the current parts made for the Evo.

Anyway, I was hoping some of you wouldn't mind checking out our progress so far and let us know what you think and where we need to focus our efforts:
http://www.evotuners.net/parts/default.php

There are a few categories we haven't touched on yet like "gauges" and "turbo timers". We're more interested in getting feedback on the categories we've already started on, but all suggests are welcome. If you come across any funky errors, just hit REFRESH - we're working on some server configuration changes that might cause these. Thanks guys.

Chris
http://www.evotuners.net

vtluu
06-11-2004, 01:24 PM
I think this is a great idea. Thanks for setting this up! :bow:

Do you plan on having products link to listings on sponsor sites? Or what would be really cool would be something like a price search engine which surveys prices for a given part from various retailer sites. :idea:

Absinthe
06-11-2004, 01:42 PM
nice work this was a feature they never built out on I-club

ez76
06-11-2004, 03:05 PM
very cool idea!! wow!

if i see parts missing (e.g. piper cams) how can i let you know?

MitsuMan
06-11-2004, 05:13 PM
sweet but damn it now i have to clear all my links to different vendors ha ha

warpspeed
06-11-2004, 08:10 PM
Not to start anything but I noticed that Vishnu's cat-back looks just like the Perrin. Both uses the same style muffler but Perrin is cheaper.

EvoVIII
06-12-2004, 01:34 AM
Holy freaking shit $6,500.00 for the HKS Turbo Kit??????????????????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: thats like $1000+ more then normal price.... maybe some mistake? oh and the Ralliart Brake Master Cylinder Bracket doesn't fit US Evo's coz our Brake Cylinder is on the other side so maybe can take that out... oh and is nice u got no pop up on that website :D

Buzzard
06-12-2004, 09:40 AM
If you read the site info, the prices listed are MSRP. They are not a vendor, only a listing site. If you look around, you can find the HKS turbo kit for about $5700 but the MSRP is around $6500 iirc. If you follow the link on the turbo kit to Mach V, they want $6800 for the kit.

xchoirboy
06-12-2004, 07:14 PM
very nice - more info is always better than none.

EvoVIII
06-12-2004, 08:24 PM
If you read the site info, the prices listed are MSRP. They are not a vendor, only a listing site. If you look around, you can find the HKS turbo kit for about $5700 but the MSRP is around $6500 iirc. If you follow the link on the turbo kit to Mach V, they want $6800 for the kit. lol $6800 who ever buy it from them might be dumb then , un huh unhuh , i know they ain't vendor, but they told us to give feed back I i just type what I think, I never seen HKS 3037S higher then $5800 except the HKS site itself

hellz Evo
06-13-2004, 02:16 PM
I have it formuch cheaper.

http://www.hellboyzracing.webdesigngo.com/catalog/item/1173347/696136.htm

evo_dadi
06-13-2004, 07:12 PM
looking good luda :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ludachris
06-14-2004, 12:09 AM
Wow, a lot of good feedback - both here and via PMs. I appreciate all the help guys/gals. To answer a few questions -

- If you find that parts need to be added, you can post the suggestion in the Site Feedback forum on EVOtuners.net. I'll get the part posted quickly.

- Yes, we plan to eventually have vendors signed up who sell each part so that it's easy to find the parts and quickly see who sells it. That will be done in the coming months once we have the catalog filled out a bit better.

- The prices listed are MSRP. Yes, we know that the MSRP is usually much higher than you can find on the street. The problem is, prices fluctuate so much between vendors that we needed one price that will remain the constant. We decided it was best to list the MSRP. When we couldn't find an MSRP, we used the highest vendor price we could find.

- The photos we used are accurate for the most part, but in some cases it may not represent the exact part in question. Just point it out to us in the Site Feedback forum on our site and we'll get it fixed.

Thanks for all the help guys. We're looking forward to putting in many more hours of work to help make our Parts Catalog a valuable resource for all EVO owners. Feel free to post any other suggestions you might have (PM me, post here, or post in our Site Feedback forum). It's great to get feedback from a local group.

Chris
http://www.EVOtuners.net