PDA

View Full Version : VIS CARBON FIBER HOOD

ichugum
06-11-2004, 12:55 PM
Hey guys i just want any inputs or comments on the VIS CARBON FIBER HOOD. I'm planning on getting one. Just dont want to buy the wrong one.
thanks guys.

P.s. I also couldnt find any evo 8's with the VIS hood, if anyone know where i can find pics, that would be awsome.

BluEvo
06-11-2004, 01:36 PM
If i recall correctly, i think it was Mitsuman who had the VIS Carbon hood & trunk. PM him for pics and(or) info.

ichugum
06-11-2004, 02:09 PM
Sorry for newb questions but i was also wondering if the carbon fiber hood can last for a while and is it okay for the rain/winter seasons.

MitsuMan
06-11-2004, 03:39 PM
:o aaahhhh i just posted a big ass relpy to ichugum so uhh its a great hood weighs the same as stock or really damn close and it fits well does not need pins unless your really causious. make shure you order for "EVO 8 " NOT LANCER EVOLUTION OR YOU WILL PROBABLY GET A OZ RALLY LANCER HOOD WITH A VENT HOLE IN IT. UHHH cost is about 499 or 599 list I gothomeboy hook up price so I don't know for shure but I can't get any more though Bozz because they hate Vis . they have a very tricky ordering process and they have a sort of god complex if they send the wrong part they make it some how your fault and then make you pay twice the shipping and keep the wrong hood what ever they screwed Bozz over but Vidid has them for a good price you can't tell the difference from more costly ones except for the vent grill is a cheesy wire mesh froma honda body kit (put the stock one on) trunk is beautifull and is 20lb less mass fits wing like oem

GokuSSJ4
06-11-2004, 05:04 PM
have you seen the CF hood on the sparco Evo?

MitsuMan
06-11-2004, 05:09 PM
yea I have the magazine but from what I understand the company that made that hood was still contemplating if they were going to mass produce it I think they just made it for that car and for the Article in Import tunner

ichugum
06-11-2004, 05:27 PM
Yo mitsuman you got pics of the hood?

is this the right one?
-http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2481818557&category=6755

MitsuMan
06-11-2004, 05:39 PM
uhhhg computers hard :blam: Mechanic comfused don't know how to post pics or avatar or anything but click on dirty pictures and type really slow sorry I even have a nice digi camara and my car is right outside :oops:

MitsuMan
06-11-2004, 05:42 PM
hey wher'd you go ? oh probably to chugum sorry for technicle dificulties maybe someone who reads this can tell my how to post pics and do other cool computer stuff hint hint

thanx

carbonevo8
06-11-2004, 06:10 PM
hey if your thinking of buyina a hood or a trunk or even both let me know because im interested too and im sure you can get a better deal if you buy 4 pieces insted of 2. either way let me know thanks. oh yeah by the way ive seen vis hoods befor and they looked good to me and ive also seen other hoods from companies that claim they are the best but after you put it on and a few days in the sun they are obviously not the best

warpspeed
06-11-2004, 07:54 PM
yea I have the magazine but from what I understand the company that made that hood was still contemplating if they were going to mass produce it I think they just made it for that car and for the Article in Import tunner
Not sure though but if that was a full carbon fiber hood, it will cost in the thousands. :shock: An overlay is about $500 on up. :?

WRXTodd
06-11-2004, 10:18 PM
i have a VIS OEM Carbon Fiber hood for my WRX, i love it... i paid out the ass for it. 700 dollars. technically i got paid 700 dollars to by the hood due to a insurance mistake... it kinda a funny story accually. As for the weight... it weighs half of what the original hood did at least!

ichugum
06-12-2004, 12:16 AM
best prices you paid for the hood and where you got it?

i found one on ebay for 605 + 150 shipping. Not to sure if its a good deal.