PDA

View Full Version : First EVO in the U.S. with..........

SouthernCrane
06-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Zeal Function XS coilovers. They are 6 way adjustable, height adjustable, with camber plates. Just purchased them and had them installed by Auto RnD in Milpitas. Haven't driven the car yet, as it is waiting for an alignment and dial in. Here are some pics..........

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album52/DSC00407.sized.jpg

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album52/DSC00409.sized.jpg

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album52/DSC00410.sized.jpg

I brief review is forthcoming...................

JanSolo
06-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Sooooo sweet. Can I ask what spring rates you're running? And now I need to find out the difference between your coilovers vs mine.

Congrats on the coilovers, Bryan!

TylerO@WORKS
06-11-2004, 02:36 PM
Yeah man I saw you there! Right as I was leaving... let us know how you like them!

jbigelow
06-11-2004, 02:36 PM
congrats SOUTHERNCRANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let us know how it rides!!!!!!!!!!

-jbigs

MitsuMan
06-11-2004, 03:18 PM
dude how much ???

EvoKach
06-11-2004, 03:19 PM
Beautiful!

ez76
06-11-2004, 03:32 PM
suhweet!

BUDLoNG
06-11-2004, 03:53 PM
$$$$$$

warpspeed
06-11-2004, 04:01 PM
dude how much ???
You might faint when you know the price. :shock:

GokuSSJ4
06-11-2004, 05:03 PM
looks great !! after you are done with your alignment , tell us how they perform at the track!

ez76
06-11-2004, 05:04 PM
dude how much ???
You might faint when you know the price. :shock:

more than the MR suspension with the baby helper springs (http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model=evo&cat=handling&prodid=856)?

thomas
06-11-2004, 05:18 PM
yo brian, that looks awesome mang! great purchase. let us kno how the ride is on the street and track!

:peewee:

JanSolo
06-11-2004, 06:11 PM
more than the MR suspension with the baby helper springs (http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model=evo&cat=handling&prodid=856)?

:crazyeyes: Insane. I wonder if anyone has actually bought those yet?

BluEvo
06-11-2004, 10:20 PM
yo B,

that is the siiiiiiickness! congrats on the new purchase. you gotta take me for a test drive bro!

SouthernCrane
06-11-2004, 10:33 PM
Call AutoRnD for pricing, and talk to Rishie. He can help you out.

Just missed you Tyler, I thought we saw you when were leaving. Anyway I'll bring the car up to WORKS so you guys can check them out sometime in the near future......or at the meet.

Anytime you want to test drive it Terrence.....let me know.

P.S. picking the car up tomorrow. I'll write more when i get back with it.

wilson1
06-11-2004, 11:08 PM
Awesome, Brian!

DB8GSR
06-12-2004, 11:32 AM
yes!! Now some track time.. eh Brian! :wink: :twisted:

moogle
06-12-2004, 11:57 AM
TIGHT! Dam springs matches your color 2.

Evo442
06-12-2004, 12:09 PM
Very nice, Byran! Waiting for a review...

SouthernCrane
06-12-2004, 01:26 PM
OMG, the Zeals are amazing :thumbsup: . Right now I have all of them set at 3 of 6. The ride comfort is better than stock, yet the car handles better. The stock Evo stays relatively flat around corners, however, even more so now with the Zeals on the car. At any setting I can feel the car's rear rotate around much easier, but 3 felt the best for me, and a good compromise between ride comfort and handling.
I rode in the passenger seat on setting 1 and the ride was really soft, but still felt like it was holding the road better than stock.

Anyone who is looking for coilovers mainly for the street and once in awhile goes to the track, should try these out. :D

SouthernCrane
06-12-2004, 01:29 PM
TIGHT! Dam springs matches your color 2.

:D

jbigelow
06-12-2004, 01:44 PM
OMG, the Zeals are amazing :thumbsup: . Right now I have all of them set at 3 of 6. The ride comfort is better than stock, yet the car handles better. The stock Evo stays relatively flat around corners, however, even more so now with the Zeals on the car. At any setting I can feel the car's rear rotate around much easier, but 3 felt the best for me, and a good compromise between ride comfort and handling.
I rode in the passenger seat on setting 1 and the ride was really soft, but still felt like it was holding the road better than stock.

Anyone who is looking for coilovers mainly for the street and once in awhile goes to the track, should try these out. :D

GOOD SHIZNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SouthernCrane
06-12-2004, 02:01 PM

GOOD SHIZNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jbigs, if you are at the meet this coming saturday, you can test drive it.

ob4
06-12-2004, 04:44 PM
very nice setup!!!

moogle
06-12-2004, 05:15 PM
What's the # for autoRND?

SouthernCrane
06-12-2004, 05:58 PM
What's the # for autoRND?

Auto R & D
1503 N. Milpitas Blvd.
Milpitas, CA. 95035
408-635-0000 tel
408-635-0011 fax

www.autornd.com

559EVO
06-13-2004, 11:10 PM
how much brian?

evo_dadi
06-14-2004, 06:12 AM
woot woot nice set up man :thumbsup: :skid:

brwnrice
06-14-2004, 07:00 AM
i call shotgun!

e8
06-14-2004, 12:03 PM
piston size?
construction material?

how do these differ from the V6, S6 and the Super Functions?

JanSolo
06-14-2004, 01:28 PM
I was going to ask the same. How does the XS compare to the function V6? AFAIK, I think they are comparable to the Tein Flex. Am I high on goof?

GReddy_917
06-14-2004, 06:38 PM
Am I high on goof?

:rockon:

e8
06-14-2004, 11:49 PM
I was going to ask the same. How does the XS compare to the function V6? AFAIK, I think they are comparable to the Tein Flex. Am I high on goof?

I think you're high on goof. :P

Not to knock on Tein, but their suspensions are equivalent to koni stuff over here. Not that either are bad, but Tein isn't considered an "elite" suspension manufacturer. YES, TEIN AND KONI BOTH MAKE GOOD PRODUCTS, but Zeal is in a different league. IMHO.

Tier 1: Ohlin, Penske, Moton
Teir 2: Zeal, Buddy Club, Cusco, Toda
Teir 3: Tein, JIC

Hey, I may be high on "goof"... but that's what I think.

EvoVIII
06-15-2004, 12:04 AM
wHat? Buddy Club???? they can't even make my friend Civic Si body kit to fit right(LOL).. Although Tein is still pretty new and not well known here in da USA..Tein is highly able to compare with Zeal and is widely used and recomanded on the Asia part of the world, there is way more model then Flex, Tein also make RA, RE, RS and N1, prices are around 1800-2000+ which is about the same as Zeal, Flex is just the Mild Set up for street use that provide Comfort and sports with the help of EDFC

GReddy_917
06-15-2004, 06:06 AM

I think you're high on goof. :P

Not to knock on Tein, but their suspensions are equivalent to koni stuff over here. Not that either are bad, but Tein isn't considered an "elite" suspension manufacturer. YES, TEIN AND KONI BOTH MAKE GOOD PRODUCTS, but Zeal is in a different league. IMHO.

Tier 1: Ohlin, Penske, Moton
Teir 2: Zeal, Buddy Club, Cusco, Toda
Teir 3: Tein, JIC

Hey, I may be high on "goof"... but that's what I think.

I agree. :stoned:

JanSolo
06-15-2004, 10:06 AM
I think my point was that the Zeal XS are the new entry level, lower priced Zeals, less adjustable than the Function V6's, etc.

e8
06-15-2004, 04:40 PM
I think my point was that the Zeal XS are the new entry level, lower priced Zeals, less adjustable than the Function V6's, etc.

Point taken. I know nothing about the XS's.

wHat? Buddy Club???? they can't even make my friend Civic Si body kit to fit right(LOL).. Although Tein is still pretty new and not well known here in da USA..Tein is highly able to compare with Zeal and is widely used and recomanded on the Asia part of the world, there is way more model then Flex, Tein also make RA, RE, RS and N1, prices are around 1800-2000+ which is about the same as Zeal, Flex is just the Mild Set up for street use that provide Comfort and sports with the help of EDFC

Tein NEW and NOT well known in the USA? I think not. I believe Tein was one of the first Japenese suspension companies to bring over their stuff and sell it here in the USA.

I know about the other Tein models. I just don't think the build quality of Tein is near Zeal. Zeals range from 1600-3000, depending on the car.

Hey I'm biased and I had Zeal S6's on my ITR. By other owners' reviews, I made my decision to go with Zeal because of their "tame" street performance and their awesome performance on the track.

EvoVIII
06-15-2004, 06:15 PM
yeah, pretty new compare from here to Asia, here is all about AEM, autometer?? etc... etc.. well I don't know bout here but I'll stick with the JDM mods/tuning/style and update myself though reading their new books, magazine their fourm coz I lean pretty much most of the stuff from them, and I have been seeing Evo's since 10years ago back in HK and I sorta got the idea what they use and recomand, and they highly recomand Jun's parts, but I don't see anybody using it or even talk about it here..
anyways I ain't gonna arugue with ya, you think what u want and I don't get how Toda, buddy club suspension got better then tein's :lol:

SouthernCrane
06-19-2004, 09:55 AM

Rishie told me that the new XS coilovers are supposed to be comparable to the V6's, but with a new and improved spring for better streetability. So for those of you who use your car mostly for the street and only once in awhile for the track the XS's would be perfect. Check out info on both here: http://www.autornd.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=LANCEREVO03UPSUSZEAL

JanSolo
06-19-2004, 08:25 PM
Hmm.. well I think Functions are pretty streetable and trackable. :) And I would definitely love to hear how the spirings are better.

Glad yer liking yer Zeals!

SouthernCrane
06-20-2004, 10:44 AM
Hmm.. well I think Functions are pretty streetable and trackable. :) And I would definitely love to hear how the spirings are better.

Glad yer liking yer Zeals!

No doubt the V6's are streetable and trackable, I think mine are more streetable and less trackable......which is why they also have the Function X coilovers (30 way adjustable). The only information I have on the springs being "better" come from Rishie and their website (above link). I am really liking the Zeals.