PDA

View Full Version : injector resizing with ecuflash

Evo442
11-20-2006, 07:33 PM
ok, once I get my wideband installed, I'm planning on adding 720cc injectors. Initially, this is just for an extra layer of safety - I'm worried I'm exceeding the duty cycle of the stock injectors.

Is it as simple as changing the injector scaling value on ecuflash until my afr's get back to the desired range, or will I need to adjust areas of the fuel table as well?

earlyapex1
11-20-2006, 08:03 PM
PM'd

byt
12-07-2006, 11:40 PM
look ma, I searched! :P

I just got some helix 720s and would love some insight on injector scaling also... Somehow I don't think it's as simple as changing the ecuflash map of injector scaling to 720...is it?

Evo442
12-08-2006, 12:13 AM
No, not that simple. Hopefully Earlyapex will chime in here. You have to set the injector scaling and voltages first, then fine tune the fuel tables. I'm using the same denso 720cc injectors as EA and so I put in the same values as him. Still need to fine tune things once my wideband gets installed.

byt
12-08-2006, 12:25 AM
Yeah I didn't think it'd be so easy. I know that not only is there the scaling, there's some battery voltage compensation that I need to change. Since the Helix are rumored/known to be Densos, I wonder if those same values would work for me.. Would you mind sharing? :D

Evo442
12-08-2006, 12:29 AM
u got pm, byt

byt
12-08-2006, 12:39 AM
thanks dude

XVeloX
12-08-2006, 12:47 AM
i spent about 2 weeks trying to figure out my battery voltage comp. values. Apparently they are pretty strange. I ended up just trying different multiplications of the stock values until my LTFT and STFT's got somewhere in the range of being acceptable, and not maxed or min'ed out. Some info in my thread if you are interested...

http://www.norcalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&topic=13601.0

its a few pages in, but some good info for those interested... also tons on evom and www.openecu.org forums...

Matz
12-08-2006, 09:37 AM
No, not that simple. Hopefully Earlyapex will chime in here. You have to set the injector scaling and voltages first, then fine tune the fuel tables. I'm using the same denso 720cc injectors as EA and so I put in the same values as him. Still need to fine tune things once my wideband gets installed.

Bohr should be fine, since the Helix and Densos are the same. I have the Helix 720s and used Bryan's values... my STFT and FTLT trims looked good immediately, though I don't know if it actually takes time to know if LTFT will change. I'll try to check them today when I get a chance.