PDA

View Full Version : controlling boost with ecuflash

Evo442
11-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Been doing some research on EvoM and it seems like anyone with ecuflash has the tools to control boost with the software alone. Is anyone here doing that?

If I wanted to try to decrease the amount of boost spike I get, what values should I change on the "Turbo Boost Error Correction" table?

earlyapex1
11-24-2006, 11:25 PM
You can change it to a degree with the stock hoses but to get the Wastegate duty cycle down to where you can really make changes you need a different restrictor.

I'll be working on this soon as well.

SilverStreak
11-25-2006, 12:03 AM
I believe EIP racing and ST made a post a little while back that they were doing flashes that had several boost control features tied into the flash.

UCB
11-25-2006, 12:06 AM
The stock hose can only support so much pressure (from the factory BCS)

There is a good write up on evoM on how to replace/resize the restrictor pill in the line, I think they even go into proper sizing for whatever boost you want

How to properly tune for it...well I think thats up to the tuner 8)

ST
11-25-2006, 02:01 AM
Been doing some research on EvoM and it seems like anyone with ecuflash has the tools to control boost with the software alone. Is anyone here doing that?

If I wanted to try to decrease the amount of boost spike I get, what values should I change on the "Turbo Boost Error Correction" table?

Yes, I've been doing it with my Evo IX for a while now. The answer to your question isn't that simple...if you want to get proper boost control, it's more than just the turbo boost correction controls...in fact thats the last step you should probably do.

Evo442
11-25-2006, 07:49 AM
Anyone care to share basic info/tips on getting started? I have a different restrictor pill in there already and so should be able to go above stock boost levels. I want to increase boost while minimizing the amount of spike. I've read the article on Evo M, but am hoping for some tips from someone who has done or is doing it.

earlyapex1
11-25-2006, 11:18 AM
I'd help but I haven't even touched it yet with a different restrictor. The article on Evo M seems pretty accurate from looking at it. Just like tuning,go in baby steps.

Set your boost limit low across the RPM while you are tweaking boost so if it spikes too high or boosts too high the ECU will fuel cut.

warpspeed
11-25-2006, 01:25 PM
I was thinking of this too. Since Works change my restrictor pill, how much benefit will I get if I retune with Ecuflash?

Evo442
11-25-2006, 01:43 PM
I was thinking of this too.Â* Since Works change my restrictor pill, how much benefit will I get if I retune with Ecuflash?

I've got the Works restrictor pill also. I'd say you'd get as much benefit if not more than a car with the stock restrictor pill. Its just a matter of getting the car tuned correctly. My understanding is that boost is maxed out in a stock car with a stock restrictor pill. Having the Works restrictor pill should allow you to add more boost.

ST
11-25-2006, 03:50 PM
Unless you can datalog via map / boost sensor, I would not suggest u partake such an endeavor because eyeballing a boost gauge is very inaccurate. Also an mbc should suffice and much simpler to use as poises less of a risk in most instances, especially if u don't understand the uisage of the restrictor pills and maps. I'm not trying discourage you but just hope u understand the risks and proper calibration.

If I have time ill do a writeup of how to setup bcs properly via ecuflash.

Evo442
11-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Unless you can datalog via map / boost sensor, I would not suggest u partake such an endeavor because eyeballing a boost gauge is very inaccurate. Also an mbc should suffice and much simpler to use as poises less of a risk in most instances, especially if u don't understand the uisage of the restrictor pills and maps. I'm not trying discourage you but just hope u understand the risks and proper calibration.

If I have time ill do a writeup of how to setup bcs properly via ecuflash.

Just collecting info at this point. I'm trying to maintain a "stock" appearance, and avoid a mbc, so controlling boost thru the software would be optimal.

A "how to" wold be great!