PDA

View Full Version : Tail light blackout help needed!

crapsstickman
06-14-2004, 01:13 PM
I recently took on the task of blacking out my headlights. They look sick! 8) I am going to do my tail lights next. But I have run into a snag...

From what I learned from the headlights, I need to heat the seal so it is malable and easier to remove the lens. Is this the same on the tail lights? I tried this and I was still unable to budge the lens. I heated the lamp assemble to 200 degress for about 15 mins, and nothing. Is there a secret to taking off the lens of the tail lights? Please, if you have done this, please share your wisdom with all of us! :D

BluEvo
06-14-2004, 01:34 PM
you should PM SolarXclipse. he's mastered that stuff...good luck.

EVO GRIM
06-14-2004, 05:13 PM
Evo Dadi did it too. Saw them on friday night, they look killer!

evo_dadi
06-14-2004, 06:47 PM
i tried the oven gig when i didnt have a heatgun yet and it took forever :( just use a heatgun and an exacto blade to open it.and make sure you have a table comfortable for you to work with ;) just dont get too hard with the blade since the plastic is soft also that you might end up cutting it up.

crapsstickman
06-15-2004, 09:20 AM
How hot does the heat gun get? When I heated mine up, the seal was still hard... could not even cut into it in the slightest. I'll see if that heat gun thing works.