PDA

View Full Version : zeal v6 coilovers/WORKS brakeline kit installed...

thomas
06-15-2004, 02:52 PM
sup fellas, first off i wanna say: southerncrane, dont mean to take any of your joy away, but i share it with you! :D

got my suspension installed on monday 6/14/04 @ WORKS, took the better part of the day, but the drive home was awesome. Pete mentioned something earlier when he was test driving it around about the car "feeling lighter," and when i got into driving it, it sorta did feel "quicker on its feet." (then again, i couldve been smoking crack) but honestly, it really does feel lighter.

there is still a lil' "roll," but when i say "lil," i mean very little. much better than stock. and all those little potholes, bumps, and tore up stretch of road, the coilovers hold their ground and make the ride soooo much smoother and controlled. not bumpy, IMO, but very nice!

i havent had time to adjust/play with the settings, cause it is sorta a pain in a$$ to change settings. (WORKS did "spec" them before install and pete tuned them after install) im sure i will eventually, i think ima juss enjoy the car as is for awhile, or until i get bored and decide to. overall, i think i got what i paid for. very very very happy with them. had a grin on my face the entire time i was cruising home.

*not that your questions arent important to me, but pls do NOT ask how much i paid for them. pls call WORKS, talk with Pete or whoever and ask them for quotes. i paid a very "shiny" penny... :wink:

one more thing, i also got WORKS stainless steel/kevlar reinforced brake lines installed with my coilovers. response is definitely quicker, but i think the main test will be at the track, there should be no "sponginess" to the brake pedal after a few laps as experienced with stock brake lines. used there brake fluid to bleed the lines and top the reservoir. price was WORKS special sale $139.99, which is over now. $169.99 is whats listed. brake fluid is extra, so is labor.

lastly, i want to thank Pete and Tyler for doing an awesome job. you guys rock! thx pete for tuning and aligning the suspension and taking your time with it to make it perfect. thx tyler for you hard work in putting all the pieces together and making them fit! keep up the great WORK!

sorry guys for such a long post...

TylerO@WORKS
06-15-2004, 04:22 PM
Man that was a lot of work!

Glad you like em.

JanSolo
06-15-2004, 04:24 PM
Welcome to the Zeals club! Congrats on the purchase, now let's race punk!

e8
06-15-2004, 04:34 PM
sup fellas, first off i wanna say: southerncrane, dont mean to take any of your joy away, but i share it with you! :D

got my suspension installed on monday 6/14/04 @ WORKS, took the better part of the day, but the drive home was awesome. Pete mentioned something earlier when he was test driving it around about the car "feeling lighter," and when i got into driving it, it sorta did feel "quicker on its feet." (then again, i couldve been smoking crack) but honestly, it really does feel lighter.

It should feel lighter because the aluminum struts should weigh less than the stockers. Less Unsprung weight = less force required to move the suspension compenents = more connected feel with the road = more precise handling feel, faster acceleration, and shorter braking distances... last two more attributed to the spring rates and valving.

jbigelow
06-15-2004, 10:00 PM
talked to you earlier today thomas and i could see/hear the smile on your face!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS BRO!!!!!!!

-jbigs

brwnrice
06-15-2004, 11:28 PM
good buy on the coilovers! whats up with this zeal coilover bandwagon? :roll:

BluEvo
06-16-2004, 12:04 AM
thomas, you lucky bastard! :P

thats cool. Zeals are awsome! i'm Zealous of you guys! hahaha!

ace33joe
06-16-2004, 12:07 AM
Congratulations, I hope I can see you and your upgraded EVO sometime soon.

GokuSSJ4
06-16-2004, 12:59 AM
Welcome to the Zeals club! Congrats on the purchase, now let's race punk!

where are you trying to race Jan ?? GT3 cause is not in your car LOL or are you coming to the EOC event . SOW should be tons of fun with your new set up.

thomas
06-16-2004, 05:29 AM
good buy on the coilovers! whats up with this zeal coilover bandwagon? :roll:

bandwagon? wow thats interesting, considering everyone on this boards got a gfb bov and reflash of some sort...

seriously, i was contemplating for a long time now whether to go with volk wheels or a new suspension. jbigs actually brought it to my attention that my ride will be much better off, at this point, with a nice set of coilovers. thats why i jumped on the bandwagon...ha. thats funny.

never really heard the expression "bandwagon" used for car parts. i juss figured its a good product and would be nice to have.

brwnrice
06-16-2004, 06:31 AM
i was not hating, i was just being sarcastic. sorry if you misunderstood my post. :thumbsup:

JanSolo
06-16-2004, 08:31 AM
So much :box:

When we need more :3some:

thomas
06-16-2004, 08:48 AM
i was not hating, i was just being sarcastic. sorry if you misunderstood my post. :thumbsup:

i misunderstood your post...im replying here at work and its towards the end of my shift. i tired. my bad, i didnt catch your sarcasm.

see everyone at the meet this saturday :wink:

wilson1
06-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Congrats on the new setup!
I need to see this.