PDA

View Full Version : Where to take my car for first oil change?

9secMonster
12-03-2006, 05:27 AM
I am getting near the 1000mile mark and looking to do my first oil change soon. Wheres the best place to go for the oil change?

Is it cheaper to just goto the dealer or buy my own oil and filter and have an oil change place change my oil? I would like to do it myself, but I dont have a garage. Where do most of you guys take your car for routine maintenance?

panem
12-03-2006, 10:08 AM
do it yourself b/c its like $100 at the dealership. it'll run you $25-$30 if you do it yourself, oh yes make sure you use full synthetic oil as well. oh and please use the search button and have a nice day :)

SpinOne05
12-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Good advice, it's really easy to acces the oil filter and drain plug. Also, stick with the factory oil filters.

SilverStreak
12-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Don't go to the dealership. Aside from the rip off pricing...I wouldn't trust any dealership technician around here (except for SRM).

So...IF you have to go to a dealership...go to SRM.

I'd stay away from the random oil change places and hit up a tuner shop. I had Speed Element take care of my oil change and tranny oil change the last time I needed one.

Matz
12-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Mobil 1 at Costco is reasonably priced. Like everyone has said, avoid the dealership. You don't even really need many tools to do it yourself. If your ca isn't lowered, you can easily reach under and unscrew the drain plug. Should only take you about 15 minutes at the most.

Lurk
12-03-2006, 05:03 PM
I suggest you change your own oil or take it to SRM. Not sure if its worth the trouble taking it to SpeedElement for an oil change...

scenic
12-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Find a local Evo owner with a garage that will help you out. ;)

Mystique
12-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Do it yourself, it's really easy.

PANGES
12-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Where u located? If you're not too far, i can show you how to do it. I think Evom.net even has a write-up somewhere in the how to section on how to change the oil somewhere.

G-Lo408
12-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Go to Wal-Mart, get some Mobile 1 for cheap if price is a priority. The only reason to go to dealer is to buy the filters or I think Lancershop.com and other vendors sell them too. It’s very easy to do

Full Function
12-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Hey guys,

If you are going to break in the motor, we prefer non-synthetic on the 4G63s. It helps the engines seal better (like gas in the oil) and break them in HARD. We do it on all the motors we build, and the new stock EVOs that come through here. The rings actually seat better then the normal break-in that the dealers require. BUT we do these changes to non-synthetic right away, so it's really your call.

Jerry

Lurk
12-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Yeah just make sure the place you take it to, doesn't screw up on the oil change, cross thread your oil filter and you find out something went wrong after you drive away and all your engine oil leaks out and your motor seizes up and dies.

Darwinator
12-06-2006, 07:17 PM
My house plus $10.

9secMonster
12-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Yeah just make sure the place you take it to, doesnt screw up on the oil change, cross thread your oil filter and you find out something went wrong after you drive away and all your engine oil leaks out and your motor seizes up and dies.

Wow, thats sounds pretty horrible. Did that happen to you?? If so, make sure you tell me where it is so I can avoid them!

Lurk
12-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Yes it did happen to me. True story. I already mentioned their name once in this thread and it wasn't SRM. ;)

SpeedElement
12-06-2006, 08:24 PM
I suggest you change your own oil or take it to SRM. Not sure if its worth the trouble taking it to SpeedElement for an oil change...

Andy, you know what? I still remember you said you and I are pretty good friends back when I worked at Gruppe-S. I hooked you up quite numerous times.Â* Dont forget that.

And so now I got my own shop going, you came to us to have an oil change. I appreciated your support. Now that day on MayÂ*6th, 2006, you came by, we were quite busy and the lift was occupied. So being a friend of yours.. or should I say was a friend of yours, I told Mike to do it for you immediately even if it meant doing the job on the floor with jackstands. yes we did messed up your oil change and we admitted it was our fault. Because we are human, mistake like this do happen.

We wanted to compensate you by restoring your car to original condition although there was no damage reported after we took it to SRM and Hasselgren Engineering, except slightly worn main and rod bearings. These are all documented, dated, and signed by SRM and Hasselgren Engineering. Before the engine was taken apart, you even took the car to Mike @ Gruppe-S and the car still dyno'd at over 290whp.

The original agreement was written by you and signed by both of us that we, speed element, will restore your motor to the original condition. And during the engine rebuild, you said you wanted to upgrade the engine by adding Ported Head, Valve Springs and Retainers, stainless steel valves, forged pistons and rods, and you would pay for these parts while the engine is out. Now when its time to pay the bill, you couldn't stand by your word and try to take advantage of us.

From day 1 of this incident, I offered you my engine out of my EVO RS which at the time had only 2000 miles... Less mileage than even your motor.

Our offers still stand...

Which is you pay your balance and we will reinstall your original engine which is now built with over $9,000 worth of parts and machine work done to it. Near $5000 of which we have covered for you due to our mistake...

Or you can take the stock motor out of my RS now with approximately 5000 miles at absolutely no cost to you.

Thirdly you can take us to court and see how strong your case is, even though you have violated our agreement which you signed.

We have nothing more to say about this situation, the community and our customers know we are stand up, honest people.

Calvin Lin
Speed Element

Lurk
12-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Cal, I don't want to hijack this guy's thread or turn this into a SpeedElement bash.

However, surely you must remember the original agreement that Dev and I signed was for my motor to be replaced with all OEM parts from the dealership! You guys were complaining about how much it would cost you to let SRM fix my motor so I agreed to let a 3rd party machine shop (Hasselgren) take on the rebuild as a favor for you since you said you guys didn't have an insurance policy to fall back on in cases like this and it would cost an arm and a leg to let the dealership to the work. In return, you would throw in some aftermarket parts to compensate me.

Now fast forward 7 and a half months later. All the while I am still without my car which is collecting dust in your shop and never once did you guys offer me a rental in the time being in which my EVO was down. I tried to help you out in the beginning by taking it to Hasselgren, but I really wish I had just stuck with my original plan and let SRM fix the motor, that way there'd be no confusion right now about who's responsible for paying what.

Why would I want your motor Cal? Will your motor be covered under any kind of warranty once the dealer sees the block code and VIN and realizes its not my original motor, if something were to go wrong in the future? You say my engine had minimal damage, I dont think worn out bearings, scarred cylinder walls and those scores in my cams is really "minimal". I have the pictures that Adam and Kevin took at LIC the day Andy and I went there to have them inspect the engine. Clearly you can see metal shavings and a nice big score in the camshafts and cam caps.

Like I already told you, that motor that Hasselgren built in the end is still cheaper than having the dealership take it apart and rebuild it. If you want to goto court over this, that's fine with me. I already waited over 7 months and my car is still down, I won't mind fighting this in court, you already know how I am Cal. It's just going to cost you even more in the end...

Lurk
12-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Oh and by the way, 290whp @ Gruppe-S compared to my 310whp @ Vishnu should be an indicator that something is wrong. Especially when I lost about 30whp after your oil change...

9secMonster
12-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Wow, this thread did get hijacked but I dont mind. I have a question though, how come you didn't just have the shop pay for your motor thru their insurance policy?? It should cover this type of case.

lncrevoviii
12-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Wow, this thread did get hijacked but I dont mind. I have a question though, how come you didn't just have the shop pay for your motor thru their insurance policy?? It should cover this type of case.

umm, they don't have insurance. :D

Lurk
12-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Yep, they are not bonded or insured. So you're SOL and have to go thru a bunch of crap to get them to cover anything they damage. I learned the hard way.

9secMonster
12-06-2006, 09:14 PM
They aren't insured?? Isnt that illegal for them to operate without any insurance umbrella?

Lurk
12-06-2006, 09:15 PM
They aren't insured?? Isnt that illegal for them to operate without any insurance umbrella?

;)

nebolic
12-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Cal, I don't want to hijack this guy's thread or turn this into a SpeedElement bash.

However, surely you must remember the original agreement that Dev and I signed was for my motor to be replaced with all OEM parts from the dealership! You guys were complaining about how much it would cost you to let SRM fix my motor so I agreed to let a 3rd party machine shop (Hasselgren) take on the rebuild as a favor for you since you said you guys didn't have an insurance policy to fall back on in cases like this and it would cost an arm and a leg to let the dealership to the work. In return, you would throw in some aftermarket parts to compensate me.

Now fast forward 7 and a half months later. All the while I am still without my car which is collecting dust in your shop and never once did you guys offer me a rental in the time being in which my EVO was down. I tried to help you out in the beginning by taking it to Hasselgren, but I really wish I had just stuck with my original plan and let SRM fix the motor, that way there'd be no confusion right now about who's responsible for paying what.

Why would I want your motor Cal? Will your motor be covered under kind of warranty once the dealer sees the block code and VIN and realizes its not my original motor, if something were to go wrong in the future? You say my engine had minimal damage, I dont think worn out bearings, scarred cylinder walls and those scores in my cams is really "minimal". I have the pictures that Adam and Kevin from LIC the day Andy and I went there to have them inspect the engine. Clearly you can see metal shavings and a nice big score in the camshafts and cam caps.

Like I already told you, that motor that Hasselgren built in the end is still cheaper than having the dealership take it apart and rebuild it. If you want to goto court over this, that's fine with me. I already waited over 7 months and my car is still down, I won't mind fighting this in court, you already know how I am Cal. It's just going to cost you even more in the end...

So let me get this straight. You're putting down 310WHP on vishnu's dyno: stock evo's put down what, 220-230whp. So let me guess, your car is MODDED.

And you're talking about worrying the dealership won't warranty your car if you swap out the motor? You make ZERO sense. Sounds more like you're trying to make a dollar out of 15 cents.

Speedelements seems way fair: swapping out an almost brand new motor for yours.

Ummm yeah, how the hell does going after market to rebuild your engine as your intention was to "HELP" speedelement cut cost do anything when the parts cost $9k? where the hell do you pay $9k worth of OEM parts and call that cheap? Did you by any chance order some fucked up expensive shit to be put in there and not OEM?

and why are you even posting this here?

nebo
NorCalEvo Admin

lncrevoviii
12-06-2006, 09:23 PM
yea his car was modded, only a TBE and a tune. not too hard to replace is it.

But the thing is, if someone says that they will take care of it and sign a the written document, the customer believes that its going to be done. Not to mention the fact he didn't have his car for over 7 months. He kept quiet thinking all will work out. if that was to happen to me, they would be in court in an instant.
Also, its amazing you are backing up another vendor when you know they are wrong and not back up your usual member. Ironic, Deja Vu?!?!?

Lurk
12-06-2006, 09:23 PM
I don't think you were there Nebo, but since you love to defend the vendors on here even when they clearly screwed up, I will just say this.

It would cost them an easy $12k+ to have a dealership completely rebuild the motor.

And yes, my car was modded. TBE, intake and a flash. 3100 miles on the clock at the time. It didn't just self destruct on its own...

missred
12-06-2006, 09:28 PM
We wanted to compensate you by restoring your car to original condition although there was no damage reported after we took it to SRM and Hasselgren Engineering, except slightly worn main and rod bearings. These are all documented, dated, and signed by SRM and Hasselgren Engineering. Before the engine was taken apart, you even took the car to Mike @ Gruppe-S and the car still dyno'd at over 290whp.

The original agreement was written by you and signed by both of us that we, speed element, will restore your motor to the original condition. And during the engine rebuild, you said you wanted to upgrade the engine by adding Ported Head, Valve Springs and Retainers, stainless steel valves, forged pistons and rods, and you would pay for these parts while the engine is out. Now when its time to pay the bill, you couldn't stand by your word and try to take advantage of us.

Yeah it's an unfortunate incident, but what i see is a vendor owning up to their mistake and willing to pay for damages that may have occured. What i also see is 2 shops saying that the motor was fine and 1 seeing a slightly worn main and rod bearing(could be wear and tear).

Ported Head, Valve Springs and Retainers, stainless steel valves, forged pistons and rods. Wow!!! What i see is someone taking someone to the cleaners!

Man bro, What i see is a shop doing everything possible to appease you and you want all the extra's done to justify a failed friendship. Hahaha...... talk about taking advantage of the situation.

mtsevovii
12-06-2006, 09:30 PM
i think this should be left privately for the vendor and the member to discuss and sort out. since no one here can fully understand what exactly happened from every point. its one persons words against the other here on the boards.

hope everything works out for both parties.

lncrevoviii
12-06-2006, 09:33 PM
i think this should be left privately for the vendor and the member to discuss and sort out. since no one here can fully understand what exactly happened from every point. its one persons words against the other here on the boards.

hope everything works out for both parties.

THANK YOU!! LURK never brought this up. SpeedElement dug it out. Let it rest, so it can be dealt by the original parties.

Lurk
12-06-2006, 09:34 PM
+1

Like I said, I don't want to come on here and drag everything out on NCE. If I wanted to bash SpeedElement, I could have posted about them a long time ago.

Members in the past have complained about much less...(PANGES's transfer case job by them). ;) I'm done with this thread.

nebolic
12-06-2006, 09:37 PM

But the thing is, if someone says that they will take care of it and sign a the written document, the customer believes that its going to be done. Not to mention the fact he didn't have his car for over 7 months. He kept quiet thinking all will work out. if that was to happen to me, they would be in court in an instant.
Also, its amazing you are backing up another vendor when you know they are wrong and not back up your usual member. Ironic, Deja Vu?!?!?

no actually i prefer defending my nut sacks, but since you like to talk some shit, so explain to me: how they are wrong? Was there an offer out there made by speedelement to make things right? was there negotiations to mediate the situation or was the door shut and speedelement walked away from the problem?

Lurk again, if you wanted to resolve this on your own, why are you making a post here? Are you not trying to work things out with Speedelement?

nebo
norcalevo admin

wrx2evo8
12-06-2006, 09:39 PM
I have a hard time believing that you wanted your engine built with oem parts... how many evos are there like that? Â*Something dosen't smell right here....

SpeedElement
12-06-2006, 09:40 PM
+1

Like I said, I don't want to come on here and drag everything out on NCE. If I wanted to bash SpeedElement, I could have posted about them a long time ago.

Members in the past have complained about much less...(PANGES's transfer case job by them). ;) I'm done with this thread.

Did we not fixed his issue by giving him a working transfer case at our own expense? thank you

SpeedElement
12-06-2006, 09:44 PM

with or without is not the case, Dilsher. We are financially capable of take care of issues like this. Thank you

Lurk
12-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Right you sure did replace it after you guys put the wrong fluid in there which caused it to make "howling sounds" in the first place.

Oh and BTW, I'm sure you won't object to replacing my gouged out A/C condenser from when you guys pulled the motor out of my car.

Someone here really has the "Midas touch"...

SpeedElement
12-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Right you sure did replace it after you guys put the wrong fluid in there which caused it to make "howling sounds" in the first place.

I'm sure you won't object to replacing my gouged out A/C condenser from when you guys pulled the motor out of my car.

Someone here really has the "Midas touch"...

Don't need to go there. If its bad, we will replace it. But lets figure out how you going to take care of the additional work you requested to Hasselgren while they were performing the "standard" engine rebuild.

Matz
12-06-2006, 09:48 PM
I'll be a jerk and try to hijack this thread. It's more relevant to the OP than the current digression anyhow.

With all of this talk about oil changes, etc., I thought I'd check my oil today. Actually, it's also because I *thought* my oil temps were higher than normally lately.

2 questions:

1. I had my 30k service done a little less than 3k miles ago, and the oil looks way blacker than I'm used to seeing. I wonder why it's worse this time? AutoX, perhaps?
2. Am I smoking crack, thinking that my oil temps are getting higher? As the oil starts to break down, will this happen? If so, are oil temps a good indicator of a need for an oil change? I usually blindly change mine every 3k miles.

lncrevoviii
12-06-2006, 09:50 PM

no actually i prefer defending my nut sacks, but since you like to talk some shit, so explain to me: how they are wrong? Was there an offer out there made by speedelement to make things right? was there negotiations to mediate the situation or was the door shut and speedelement walked away from the problem?

Lurk again, if you wanted to resolve this on your own, why are you making a post here? Are you not trying to work things out with Speedelement?

nebo
norcalevo admin

well, i have not talked shit yet. Trust me, when I start talking shit you would probably have to ban me to shut me up, and frankly, it seems thats the only thing you can do.

How is Speed Element wrong?
They are the ones that messed up with the engine. The oil filter was not tightened properly.

No speedElement didn't walk away from the problem, and I know they wouldn't. Everything was going good until the bill came through. LURK contacted HasselGren trying to ask about the progress, Speed Element never did, and if they would have done that it was have been different. As I said before and LURK said, you don't know what happened.

AGAIN, LURK NEVER BROUGHT IT UP. JUST LET IT DIE, NEBO. Us arguing is not going to help this situation. Let the original parties deal with it.

lncrevoviii
12-06-2006, 09:52 PM
I strongly think SPEED ELEMENT's employees are great guys, and thats why I still buy products from them. I don't have no problem with CAL, Devin, Andy or Mike. This thing is between LURK and SPEED ELEMENT. Let it die, because its definately not helping. Thanks for Posting community members.

Lurk
12-06-2006, 09:52 PM

with or without is not the case, Dilsher. We are financially capable of take care of issues like this. Thank you

Hey if you were so "financially capable" how come you pleaded with me not to take it to SRM to have everything fixed? Maybe you're too financially capable, that's why you don't believe in having insurance either...

nebolic
12-06-2006, 09:54 PM
not arguing with anyone. Whatever issue is between them and they need to resolve this outside of here. Like I asked again, why is the problem being posted here?

And yeah... I believe I can do a lot more than banning.

nebo
NorCalEvo Admin

SpeedElement
12-06-2006, 09:56 PM

nebo
norcalevo admin

well, i have not talked shit yet. Trust me, when I start talking shit you would probably have to ban me to shut me up, and frankly, it seems thats the only thing you can do.

They are the ones that messed up with the engine. The oil filter was not tightened properly.

No speedElement didn't walk away from the problem, and I know they wouldn't. Everything was going good until the bill came through. LURK contacted HasselGren trying to ask about the progress, Speed Element never did, and if they would have done that it was have been different. As I said before and LURK said, you don't know what happened.

Dilsher,

Clearly you are here to stir more things up.

Yes we paid the bill and picked up the motor. However, the additional work "LURK" requested was not part of our original contract agreement, and he would need to pay for that. That includes "Port Cylinder head, coat main bearings, coat rod bearings and coat pistons."

During the rebuild, Hasselgren had already told both party that they are in the middle of a race season and the motor could not be rebuild immediately but for sure would be done in their own schedule. I even remembered LURK said he had no problem with the wait as long as its done right.

The motor was finished last week IIRC, and we picked up the motor last Friday.

Thank you for your concern

lncrevoviii
12-06-2006, 09:59 PM
not arguing with anyone. Whatever issue is between them and they need to resolve this outside of here. Like I asked again, why is the problem being posted here?

And yeah... I believe I can do a lot more than banning.

nebo
NorCalEvo Admin

:lol: +1 can i post that.

Lurk
12-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Cal, I'm going to tell you for the last time. I DID NOT ask Kevin@Hasselgren to coat anything. He informed me that he sent my pistons out to get coated AFTER the fact. He had already did it by the time I found out. And like I asked you before, how come you guys never checked in with them to update yourselves on the engine's progress? If you did, maybe all this "extra work" wouldn't have come as such a surprise to you now in the end. Just a thought...

Lurk
12-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Matter of fact, I do believe I have the emails from him still to support my statement. You will see them too at discovery if this goes where I think its going...

lncrevoviii
12-06-2006, 10:03 PM

nebo
norcalevo admin

Dilsher,

Clearly you are here to stir more things up.

Yes we paid the bill and picked up the motor. However, the additional work "LURK" requested was not part of our original contract agreement, and he would need to pay for that. That includes "Port Cylinder head, coat main bearings, coat rod bearings and coat pistons."

During the rebuild, Hasselgren had already told both party that they are in the middle of a race season and the motor could not be rebuild immediately but for sure would be done in their own schedule. I even remembered LURK said he had no problem with the wait as long as its done right.

The motor was finished last week IIRC, and we picked up the motor last Friday.

Thank you for your concern

Come on Cal. How am I stirring things up? Dude, I am trying to end this before it turns out EvoMish. I could have quoted you and said some BS, but I was only quoting others who do not know whats going on.

SpeedElement
12-06-2006, 10:04 PM

Hey if you were so "financially capable" how come you pleaded with me not to take it to SRM to have everything fixed? Maybe you're too financially capable, that's why you don't believe in having insurance either...

I don't recall that. :) However, we do have the contract agreement written by you, stating that you would like have Hasselgren to handle rebuild of the motor and restore back to its original condition, and on top of all this, we would compensate you by giving you the parts you wanted.

SpeedElement
12-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Matter of fact, I do believe I have the emails from him still to support my statement. You will see them too at discovery if this goes where I think its going...

Cal, I'm going to tell you for the last time. I DID NOT ask Kevin@Hasselgren to coat anything. He informed me that he sent my pistons out to get coated AFTER the fact. He had already did it by the time I found out. And like I asked you before, how come you guys never checked in with them to update yourselves on the engine's progress? If you did, maybe all this "extra work" wouldn't have come as such a surprise to you now in the end. Just a thought...

I also have a statement issued by them saying you requested to perform several upgrades that includes "port cylinder head, coat main bearings, coat rod bearings, and coat pistons"??

Lurk
12-06-2006, 10:08 PM

I also have a statement issued by them saying you requested to perform several upgrades that includes "port cylinder head, coat main bearings, coat rod bearings, and coat pistons"??

Anything with my signature on it? Ok then, like I said this thread is going nowhere. We'll have our day to clear this up.

Lurk
12-06-2006, 10:09 PM
/Thread

lqdchkn
12-06-2006, 10:17 PM
I'll be a jerk and try to hijack this thread. It's more relevant to the OP than the current digression anyhow.

With all of this talk about oil changes, etc., I thought I'd check my oil today. Actually, it's also because I *thought* my oil temps were higher than normally lately.

2 questions:

1. I had my 30k service done a little less than 3k miles ago, and the oil looks way blacker than I'm used to seeing. I wonder why it's worse this time? AutoX, perhaps?
2. Am I smoking crack, thinking that my oil temps are getting higher? As the oil starts to break down, will this happen? If so, are oil temps a good indicator of a need for an oil change? I usually blindly change mine every 3k miles.

Looks like if you not contributing to the arguementing you'll be ignored. Try instulting some1. :lol:

Neway, your logic about oil temps/break down seem to reason. I'm not sure though. Ask EA. Since I change my oil every 2500-3000 also I worry more about pressure. I change the oil so often I doubt I would cook it too much before it's changed again.

Lurk
12-06-2006, 10:18 PM
BTW, I just checked my outbox which saves all the emails that I send out. NOWHERE in there is a correspondance with Hasselgren in which I request any of the "coating" to be performed. You are really digging a hole for yourself at this point, Cal.

wrx2evo8
12-06-2006, 10:20 PM
my outbox also saves everything that i don't delete

SpeedElement
12-06-2006, 10:23 PM
BTW, I just checked my outbox which saves all the emails that I send out. NOWHERE in there is a correspondance with Hasselgren in which I request any of the "coating" to be performed. You are really digging a hole for yourself at this point, Cal.

This was issued by Hasselgren Engineering. And signed by their engineer. I have a copy right here in front of me.

Lurk
12-06-2006, 10:25 PM

This was issued by Hasselgren Engineering. And signed by their engineer. I have a copy right here in front of me.

And that shows what? That their engineer is authorized to sign off on work that they outsource. Such as the coating. Where does it say that I requested it?

SpeedElement
12-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Like I have stated in my very first post of this thread. We admitted our wrong doing and we apologized when that incident happened. And our goal was to get your car back original condition and get you back on the road at our expense at the same time compensate you for some down time. But in the end, to me you are just trying to foot us a bill with additional work you requested them to do and clearly this is what I called of taking advantage of honest business.

There no point to argue here anymore. We will do what we got to do to settle this dispute in a professional manner.

Lurk
12-06-2006, 10:35 PM
The only people trying to take advantage of a situation is your shop. Trying to juice me for the cost of expenses in which I did not incur or authorize. If anything you should be disputing this with Hasselgren.

IIRC, last week Andy was even argueing with me about such trivial things such as, why Hasselgren honed my cylinder walls, performed a valve job, etc and other basic requirements for engine re-assembly. I would think a so-called tuner/mechanic such as Andy would know about these things and have enough common sense to at least call the shop to verify what's going on with an engine you guys are paying for. In the end, this will all get resolved one way or another. I hope you make the right decision and not base all your defenses on what a 3rd party (Hasselgren) has told you.

Someone lock this thread.

JanSolo
12-07-2006, 02:11 PM
Go argue somewhere else.