omg so freaking ugly
http://www.evolution.org.hk/photogallery/photo150404/index.html

warpspeed
06-15-2004, 10:03 PM
[quote="EvoVIII"]omg so freaking ugly.

I don't get it. What ugly?

EvoVIII
06-15-2004, 10:09 PM
omg, of coz the Evo MR Rs... didn't u check out the link?

DB8GSR
06-15-2004, 10:12 PM
omg so freaking ugly

are you serious? I'd roll on that in a heartbeat! If you bought an Evo just for looks, i'm truely dissapointed. :?

EvoVIII
06-15-2004, 10:23 PM
ya ya ya, I know is gonna be fast, but is just ugly out of the box... but of coz they are gonna put all the best stuff in it.. I mean that car got a 14inch Metal Rim on it hehe, how could it handle like a real Evo :lol:

warpspeed
06-15-2004, 10:37 PM
Ya. I checked out the site. If you were talking about those rims, those are put there probably just for delivery. Didn't you noticed the temporary plates? Also they most likely got it like that to save money for their own project to the car.

EvoVIII
06-15-2004, 10:45 PM
acutally thats the rim that come with the car, they took out many things to save weight and get the cost lower, oh and there is no Brembo on that car too, with a 5spd tranny

vtluu
06-15-2004, 10:48 PM
Yeah, car is still partly wrapped in protective plastic. Interesting, I didn't know there was such a thing as an MR-RS. Is that the OEM Momo steering wheel over there, or some special one for the MR? (No airbag?) Also did anyone notice the shift knob? 5-speed. Hmm.

Anyway it's a model we'll never see here (at least not in that exact form) so it doesn't to me...

warpspeed
06-15-2004, 10:49 PM
What! no Brembo. With all that power, what will bring it to a stop, and brick wall? lol. Boy Mitsu. seems like they are going backwards on an MR RS.

EvoVIII
06-15-2004, 10:52 PM
aiiiii haha that steering wheel is acutally from the Evo6.5 Edition, acording to those guys they said this car is freakin fast on the track, this car runs 1 second faster then the Evo MR

warpspeed
06-15-2004, 10:55 PM
Well if you take all those crap out also, you'll have the same performance. But that really kills me. No Brembos. Literally kills me.

EvoVIII
06-15-2004, 10:57 PM
here is the Spec.. and it shows what's the different from a Regular Evo
http://www.evolution.org.hk/mr/mainpage2.htm
this MR Rs is 90kg lighter then the MR :shock:
1/4mile run is 12.64

warpspeed
06-15-2004, 11:01 PM
At least it has ABS. lol

EvoVIII
06-15-2004, 11:05 PM
At least it has ABS. lol
lol sorry to disappoint you but there is no ABS on this car lol(it says No ABS in chinese) damn the RS in the USA is so heavy and slow compare to this RS

ob4
06-16-2004, 01:38 AM
Yep, all the rs in asia comes with basically nothing... sucky brakes, small wheels, manual everything, not even the recaro seats...but the engine/tranny/diffs are all good stuff. The main reason for not including anything other then powertrain is that you can put on whatever parts you want on it and not waste the factory parts. Some people who get an rs will use them for rally and those rally cars usually runs smaller 15-16in wheels, and you need different brake setup. Some people will run them on tarmac only, and they will probably run largest possible brake setup. But I have to agree with EvoVIII, those steel wheels do look very ugly, but i think they will get swapped out pretty quicky.

-ob4

ob4
06-16-2004, 01:56 AM
btw, i don't think those laptime tsukuba circuit were made with those sucky brakes and wheels/tires. for reference, the 600hp jun evo5 runs below 56 sec at tsukuba.

chrisw
06-16-2004, 08:33 AM
It looks like the EVO RS.

Notice it has 15" rims. Those are mounted to get the car rolling.

That EVO is almost ready for a set of rally rims, and a little

"left turn over crest, don't cut
50 caution over jump"
:rally:

warpspeed
06-16-2004, 09:40 AM
Well since I can't read Mandarin/Cantonese, they basically made a regular Lancer and dropped the MR motor in. Well.....let me take that back. The Lancer has more stuff.

EvoVIII
06-16-2004, 10:22 AM
Well since I can't read Mandarin/Cantonese, they basically made a regular Lancer and dropped the MR motor in. Well.....let me take that back. The Lancer has more stuff.
aiii way off... they took out as much as possiable for you to customize your own car and cut out as much stuff as possiable to loose weight, you won't even get a Evo's drivetrain as good as this 1, this is the best car to mod if you really want your Evo to go fast

warpspeed
06-16-2004, 10:30 AM
Just wondering. Since that is a 5-speed and ours is a 5-speed, where is the big difference as far as the gear ratios? I would still prefer the ABS, especially on this car.

EvoVIII
06-16-2004, 11:36 PM
I think that our 5spd gear box is the same because only the 6spd gear box got closer ratio which we don't have it here, and 6spd now is standar on any GSR and some RS and MR Model over there, damn they got all the good shit eh

mk112288
06-18-2004, 09:00 PM
You do realize that the link that you have up is for one that is out of the country, check out this one, this is what will be coming state side.

No more 5 speed... its gonna be a 6..

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=39&article_id=1254

EvoVIII
06-18-2004, 09:09 PM
doh, of coz I know, I am just leting people know wuts out there in other country, only the MR RS is 5 speed, the regular MR on other country is 6speed too

Yogi_b
06-21-2004, 04:33 AM
Snice the majority of RS evo's will be doing gravel rallying the specs reflect that eg 15" wheels, small brakes and no ABS.
And all the GSR parts are an option for RS's so you can add recaros, brembo's etc on to it if you want.
Personally I think that RS is hot, throw some AP Racing brakes on it with some good wheels, put in a couple of good race seats and a set of proflex suspension and its set.

vtluu
06-21-2004, 07:45 AM
Snice the majority of RS evo's will be doing gravel rallying
On what basis do you make that claim?

Anyway the US-spec RS has the same Brembos that the base-model Evo ("GSR") does. Do we know anything about the Evo in those photos? Seems to me we're making a lot of assumptions based on very little information.

EvoVIII
06-21-2004, 09:39 AM
what yogi_b is true, rallying is alot more popular in asia then in USA, those car neither go to the Track or Rallying and it is make with out ABS for Rallying use, and mostly everything is switched out with New Suspension, brakes, wheels, strip out the car, and do anything that could make the car go fast neither for rallying or track racing, thats why RS version is cheaper then GSR version

evoboy
06-28-2004, 10:34 PM
Woah...I been to that shop before when I was shopping for my Zeal coilover for my integra.

EvoVIII
06-29-2004, 09:35 PM
cool u been to that shop in HK b4?