PDA

View Full Version : New low profile police car lights

Positron
12-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Anyone seen the new police car roof lights around San Jose? They are much thinner and are white colored lights. That makes it hard to see at night. Be aware guys.

masurie
12-08-2006, 02:44 PM
never seen it,

but i always treat all crown vics as police, because once i saw the undercover cop pulled over some guy in his truck....scared the hell out of me because he turned his lights right beside me....

Hot8Evo
12-08-2006, 02:48 PM
never seen it,

but i always treat all crown vics as police, because once i saw the undercover cop pulled over some guy in his truck....scared the hell out of me because he turned his lights right beside me....

You should wath thos under cover cop who drves mustang 5.0 and camaros. Those cops are the one who ask for street race and if you go with it they will pull you over... Seen it at at freeway at 680..

mtsevovii
12-08-2006, 03:14 PM
i like the new in dash lights, or the visor lights. those are pretty sick. and LED low profile light bars kick major ass.

Darwinator
12-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Back in Detroit, they had C5 Z06 chase cars. Phat as hell.

Those Camaro cars are also seen on 280 between DeAnza to 101!

You see link here, http://forum.wiredfire.org/index.php?showtopic=48791

dl_EVO
12-08-2006, 03:24 PM
never seen it,

You should wath thos under cover cop who drves mustang 5.0 and camaros. Those cops are the one who ask for street race and if you go with it they will pull you over... Seen it at at freeway at 680..

Thats illegal! That's called entrapment.

Police need to catch you in the act, not provoke you into the act and then arrest you.

e.v.o.ate
12-08-2006, 03:31 PM
yep been using those on the newer cars since the summer time. not to mention they are clear too.

masurie
12-08-2006, 03:32 PM
thats what i thought

is anybody know for sure regarding this entrapment law??

e.v.o.ate
12-08-2006, 03:35 PM
if u street race it doesn't matter if u get challenged by a "sting car". havn't you guys watched COPS they set up stings for everything now a days. and when they have you on video too then what are you gonna tell the Judge?

yea thats me street racing but the other car made me do it

dl_EVO
12-08-2006, 03:38 PM
I think that evidence would be thrown out by the way it's obtained.

let me ask some people I know that are all in Criminal Justice fields.

bdking57
12-08-2006, 03:39 PM
there is one of these cars in seaside that patrols around laguna seca looking for racers.. its a damn chevy cobalt cop car with black wheels and the clear thing light strip on top.. sneaky!

and thats actually entrapment if they trick you into racing.. thats like if they cops came and slept with your wife, and then you try and kill them, and they arrest you. :shock:

rexg
12-08-2006, 03:45 PM
thats what i thought

is anybody know for sure regarding this entrapment law??

in order for it to be entrapment, the police must provoke you in such a way that a normal person under the circumstances would not have commited the crime but for the provocation of the police. however, if you had the propensity to street race Â*and that slight provocation enabled you to commit street racing, then it would not be entrapment. basically the court will look into an objective point of view of a similar person under the same circumstances. Â*"would you or would you not street race Â*if somebody provoked you?"

the fine example is picking up hookers and the hooker is an undercover police officer. would a normal person pick up a hooker if he was called by the hooker?

i took crim law, criminal procedure and advance criminal procedure while i was in law school and i think that was the test used.

edit:

here is a caption from my practice guide:

"5. Entrapment
Entrapment exists only if (i) the criminal design originated with law enforcement officers and (ii) the defendant was not predisposed to commit the crime prior to contact by the government. Merely providing the opportunity for a predisposed person to commit a crime is not entrapment."

disclaimer: i am not practicing criminal law so i am not an expert on this topic

mtsevovii
12-08-2006, 03:57 PM
i agree with rexg

SilverStreak
12-08-2006, 04:44 PM
I haven't seen the white colored ones yet.

I know a few of the newer crown vics and CHP are using thin barred light thats colored in the rear and black in front.

They make it look like a roof/bike rack.

YldEvoMr06
12-08-2006, 06:31 PM
<< got pulled over by a camaro cop car at 110 mph at I-80 grass valley area, 3 years ago.... I was cruising at 70 mph heading back home to the bay area, when I came upon of what I thought was a camaro-- he downshifted on me trying to pass on the slower lane... that time I said to myself-- let's see how fast this car can run.... so I never did let him pass and we put the pedal to the metal at high speed reaching 115 mph on my speedometer which most of the time I was up 4-5 cars in front of him..... in about 5 mins we're racing and I was starting to pull away--- that's when he turn his siren on and pulled me over---- that's when I had a glimpse on his car, it was a camaro indeed, with a CHP written on its side..... gave me a ticket for excessive speed/110 mph.... I paid heavy fine [750 bucks] but never had my license suspended... my insurance increased dramatically to 300/month... his words still lingers to my ears ----- "gotcha"!

crctslt
12-08-2006, 06:55 PM
We have the all white CHP Camaros here at the Fairfield CHP office.

panem
12-08-2006, 07:02 PM
we have under cover mustangs here in milpitas. there like 2-3 of them.

e.v.o.ate
12-08-2006, 07:36 PM
rexg is right. told ya so

smokinevo9
12-08-2006, 09:35 PM
texas state troopers drive corvette z06

SilverStreak
12-08-2006, 09:51 PM
there are a few...I know there are a few mini-vans, at least 1 jeep cherokee cruising around undercover. I know the sherriffs dept has 1 camero and 1 stang.

I hear the CHP is using Volvo's in some areas outside of Sac.

lncrevoviii
12-09-2006, 12:32 AM
<< got pulled over by a camaro cop car at 110 mph at I-80 grass valley area, 3 years ago.... I was cruising at 70 mph heading back home to the bay area, when I came upon of what I thought was a camaro-- he downshifted on me trying to pass on the slower lane... that time I said to myself-- let's see how fast this car can run.... so I never did let him pass and we put the pedal to the metal at high speed reaching 115 mph on my speedometer which most of the time I was up 4-5 cars in front of him..... in about 5 mins we're racing and I was starting to pull away--- that's when he turn his siren on and pulled me over---- that's when I had a glimpse on his car, it was a camaro indeed, with a CHP written on its side..... gave me a ticket for excessive speed/110 mph.... I paid heavy fine [750 bucks] but never had my license suspended... my insurance increased dramatically to 300/month... his words still lingers to my ears ----- "gotcha"!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gawd dayum. you just made my day. Did the thermostat help in those insane speeds.

and this is what the judge said, "$750 fine, but the good news is I just saved a buncha money on my car insurance by switching to Geico." :lol: :lol:

MR_06
12-09-2006, 05:27 AM
a yr or 2 back while i was cruising down 880s around great mall/237 exits.. i passed a camaro CHP which already pulled someone over... he freakin had lambo doors on his camaro patrol car...

lncrevoviii
12-09-2006, 04:03 PM
a yr or 2 back while i was cruising down 880s around great mall/237 exits.. i passed a camaro CHP which already pulled someone over... he freakin had lambo doors on his camaro patrol car...

:lol: I havn't seen that yet, or usless you are reffering to someone by saying that. :lol:

chuckdashi
12-09-2006, 07:06 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gawd dayum. you just made my day. Did the thermostat help in those insane speeds.

and this is what the judge said, "$750 fine, but the good news is I just saved a buncha money on my car insurance by switching to Geico." :lol: :lol:
lol thats something i would say...

veracomix
12-09-2006, 08:27 PM
i saw a cayenne turbo police car in hillsborough, they also have an older stang, i dunno if they actually use them though

YldEvoMr06
12-09-2006, 09:25 PM
yes the thermostat did.... it helped lower the temp at high speed due to engine stress... you see the stock thermostat is set at 190 deg. with the aftermarket It opens up at 180 deg temp so the coolant is enters the engine at lower temperature---- the cooler the engine the higher the performance, thus unleashing more power and lessens the posibility of overheating..

lqdchkn
12-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Thread Jacking for a moment...

yes the thermostat did.... it helped lower the temp at high speed due to engine stress... you see the stock thermostat is set at 190 deg. with the aftermarket It opens up at 180 deg temp so the coolant is enters the engine at lower temperature---- the cooler the engine the higher the performance, thus unleashing more power and lessens the posibility of overheating..

Yes but with the cooler engine temps you get cooler exhaust temps which makes your cat less efficient.Â* (Can't "cook" off as much crap) So for you smog worried guys put your stock thermostat back in for the smog test. ;)

MR_06
12-09-2006, 11:24 PM

:lol: I havn't seen that yet, or usless you are reffering to someone by saying that. :lol:

haha... no i actually mean it... i saw a CHP camero w/ lambo doors

YldEvoMr06
12-09-2006, 11:54 PM
modifying a car always requires balance ---- if you put more horses into you car your adding a lot of stress/heat in the engine-- so a low thermostat coolant is necessary to maintain balance... cooler top / hot bottom ---- cool denser the air, more fuel injected, higher boost, more hp.... and you lessen your chance of havin a blown gasket..//

lncrevoviii
12-09-2006, 11:57 PM

haha... no i actually mean it... i saw a CHP camero w/ lambo doors

So i guess they got those to easily hop in and out of the car. But wait, no, thats even harder, they will be bumping their heads on the doors. Unless, they have the 135degrees rotating doors other than the usual 70deg or 90deg.

YldEvoMr06
12-10-2006, 12:26 AM
you'll pass smog with an aftermarket thermostat.... I passed mine.

lqdchkn
12-10-2006, 10:13 AM
you'll pass smog with an aftermarket thermostat.... I passed mine.

I'm not saying you can't.Â* But those with cams, etc. that are already questioning it should be aware. ;)Â* Right?Â* I mean if you don't let peole know what's totally involved.Â* Like you said the whole balance of processes.Â* Otherwise we'll end up with threads like "If you change your thermostat you won't pass smog."Â* hehe

Sorry, I'm done thread jacking. :)

player67
12-13-2006, 02:00 AM
Ive seen em all, camaros, stangs, vettes/z06s, focuses cop cars, and Ive never left more than 100 miles from the bay area. Also, Ive had my eye on some undercover tuners at some local meets (7th street and Hayward). I live in Danville though. So far Ive seen a Black Supra and Black riced out cavalier as under cover tuners for feds. Plus crown vics, I can see em a mile away even at night. gotta recognize the rectangular inner parking lights and the two horizontal stripes on the taillights. You get all this from having a crappy driving record like mine -__- Ive learned so its all good.

dl_EVO
12-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Ive seen em all, camaros, stangs, vettes/z06s, focuses cop cars, and Ive never left more than 100 miles from the bay area. Also, Ive had my eye on some undercover tuners at some local meets (7th street and Hayward). I live in Danville though. So far Ive seen a Black Supra and Black riced out cavalier as under cover tuners for feds. Plus crown vics, I can see em a mile away even at night. gotta recognize the rectangular inner parking lights and the two horizontal stripes on the taillights. You get all this from having a crappy driving record like mine -__- Ive learned so its all good.

Undercover tuners? eh?

Paul Walker?

player67
12-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Sounds rediculous, but when you see a guy not talking to anyone at a meet, then he goes back in his car and leaves, and two seconds after cops show up...you get a clue, but I have more proof than that though. Im out of the street racing seen for now, havnt raced with my evo yet. Dont plan to.

Chavez
04-06-2007, 01:44 AM
Sounds rediculous, but when you see a guy not talking to anyone at a meet, then he goes back in his car and leaves, and two seconds after cops show up...you get a clue, but I have more proof than that though. Im out of the street racing seen for now, havnt raced with my evo yet. Dont plan to.
retired? lol
dang all this makes me sant to be a CHP, i wonder what you need to do to be able to drive the camero and the 5.0's instead of the crow?

kinetics
04-06-2007, 03:03 AM
dunno if it was just too early in the morning but i was southbound 680 around danville...maybe concord area, but i saw a black n' white dodge charger with those in dash red n blue's lit up!!! scared the shnizzles outta me...he/she was goin northbound but made me slow down from 70 to 64 mph!!! hahaha well dunno if anyone have seen them

chrisw
04-06-2007, 06:31 AM

I like this pic

http://www.dumbcrooks.com/gallery/albums/police-cars/Police_cars_on_blocks.jpg

lncrevoviii
04-06-2007, 07:52 PM

I like this pic

http://www.dumbcrooks.com/gallery/albums/police-cars/Police_cars_on_blocks.jpg

:lol: P4WN3D!!! :lol:

lthelementl
07-10-2007, 02:46 AM
http://www.sattlers.org/mickey/site/archive/2003/03/images/2003-03-chp-camaro.jpg

Here's that CHP's Camaro. I've seen him Twice on the 580 near Dublin.

xchoirboy
07-10-2007, 08:47 AM
In Tracy driving home not really paying attention to how fast I was driving. Got pulled over by an undercover cop in a crown vic. Almost didn't even see his lights since he had those little lights by his rear view mirror. Guy was kinda pissed that I kept pullin on him when he was chasing me :lol:. He let me go with a warning though. :)

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-10-2007, 09:36 AM
In Tracy driving home not really paying attention to how fast I was driving. Got pulled over by an undercover cop in a crown vic. Almost didn't even see his lights since he had those little lights by his rear view mirror. Guy was kinda pissed that I kept pullin on him when he was chasing me :lol:. He let me go with a warning though. :)

:lol: wtf?? You were pulling on a cop with the lights on??? or were the lights off?

Damanc
07-11-2007, 03:06 AM
IIRC those CHP camaros were From the last run and CHP did a COPO (corporate office production order) and had the Corvette ZO6 LS1s installed in them. I remember reading an article about it a few years ago. They didnt call them pursuit cars like the old 5.0s they said they were for cracking down on trucker violations believe it or not.
http://southerncaliforniacamaroconnection.cz28.com/catalog.html