PDA

View Full Version : Awesome service 'Works' at s.f

aescano
12-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Great work John & Oliver/Kirk...thanks for doing my cam service on my EVO8.

Had to flex the muscle coming back from Thunderhill on the fwy...needless 2 say,i wasn't dissapointed, can't say much for the
other HEMI car (don't tailgate anymore).
As i exited the fellow jumped from fast lane to my lane to tailgate me again around a 30mph chicane, which i already
saw him...dropped the hammer and 3-ple the limit as i went thru. Saw his car went off the pavement (~50%) as he 'tried'
to imitate what i did..another bad choice.
As i observed traffic rules in town....saw him sped up on the far right lane to pass everybody. Can you spell jk-S.

My car didn't even have to breathe hard.

Matz
12-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Great work John & Oliver/Kirk...thanks for doing my cam service on my EVO8.

Had to flex the muscle coming back from Thunderhill on the fwy...needless 2 say,i wasn't dissapointed, can't say much for the
other HEMI car (don't tailgate anymore).
As i exited the fellow jumped from fast lane to my lane to tailgate me again around a 30mph chicane, which i already
saw him...dropped the hammer and 3-ple the limit as i went thru. Saw his car went off the pavement (~50%) as he 'tried'
to imitate what i did..another bad choice.
As i observed traffic rules in town....saw him sped up on the far right lane to pass everybody. Can you spell jk-S.

My car didn't even have to breathe hard.

<flamesuit>
You didn't break in your 269s first?
</flamesuit>

aescano
12-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Oh it's broken-in before it saw 6K rpm....i had 5-6 hours of fwy driving prior, aside from the what the
shop did. I didn't have to rev that hard/high to get up and go...beauty of cam durations.

Matz
12-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Oh it's broken-in before it saw 6K rpm....i had 5-6 hours of fwy driving prior, aside from the what the
shop did. I didn't have to rev that hard/high to get up and go...beauty of cam durations.

I don't want to resurrect the whole "breaking-in" debate, but when I got my 269s, I followed the break-in guide, which involved several sessions of revving up and down through the entire RPM range, as opposed to just driving it easy at constant RPM for a set period of time. I have no idea what's correct.

aescano
12-11-2006, 06:10 PM
Yes i did all that...as instructed by Kirk before i left the shop,just don't want to get into details.
I rebuild many engines myself...racing and street versions, installed many cams too.

The only thing i can't do is rebuild trans and ecu tuning..even though i have TEC-II ignition on my
my 1971 supercharged (4agze) Toyota Corolla (mango) ~200hp/1850lbs (stock internals/supercharger).

Very important to break-in rings/bearings on a fresh engine.