PDA

View Full Version : no clutch pedal

kataklyzm
06-17-2004, 04:43 PM
okay...well its still there, but its really hard to push in, and it doesnt disengage the clucth when you mash it as far as it can go.

i shifted from 3rd to 4th when merging in the freeway, hit the clutch, and it didnt come back up, so i had to drive to capitol with no clutch....rev matching is pretty damn hard...

anyway, when i was at a light, i pulled it up, and the pedal was really really friggin hard, and it still didnt disengage it....what could be the problem?

vtluu
06-17-2004, 05:09 PM
Well if it were a leak in the clutch hydraulics (clutch line, release cylinder) then the clutch pedal would be totally soft, not hard. Maybe the clutch release cylinder is jammed? Maybe there's a clog somewhere in the clutch hydraulics (try bleeding the line a bit to check this)? Or maybe the springs within the clutch are totally shot?

I think it should be easy to check the hydraulics--un-mount the clutch release cylinder and you should be able to get it to piston in and out by pressing the clutch pedal. (That's a guess, I've never tried it myself.) If that works then I'm betting something inside the clutch itself is busted. :(

vtluu
06-18-2004, 12:09 AM
Bump... can someone with a clue (i.e. not me :lol:) say something?

crapsstickman
06-18-2004, 07:03 AM
To bleed the hydrolics, your going to have to remove the airbox to get to it. It's right below it. Looks just like the bleeders on your brakes. I would also say the cylinder or a kink in the line (doubtful). Good luck on that.

kataklyzm
06-18-2004, 08:48 PM
they're (capitol mits) is saying its the clutch.. what related components are covered? i.e. flywheel. pressure plate, etc etc?