PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to EIP

Limeyboy
12-21-2006, 01:00 PM
I recently needed a new clutch, so I got a few quotes in. I had a really good deal from "Vendor A" who quoted me $1175 OTD for a ACT street disk, resurface, install labor and tranny fluids. Great, thinks I. Booked in immediately and waited the week until they could fit me in.

8pm on the night before I am due to go in for the work, "Vendor A" calls me up and tells me that the written quotation is no longer valid, and the cost went up $125 as the "supplier put our price up." Well, Im no genious, but I dont see a $125 price hike in ACT street disks lately, Infact, theprice actually went down on lancershop.com, so I wouldnt expect to be paying $650 just for the part. I put the install off, and done what I should have done originally - shopped around a bit more.

Paul over at EIP quoted me a great OTD price (installed) for the street disk and also the exedy organic. He could fit me in two days later, so off I went to San Jo. Met the guys down there, nice bunch, very friendly and the dog is just so cute!

I get a phone call later that same evening - the install is done, a full 24 hours ahead of schedule. They discovered some problems; a threaded bolt (thanks Capitol Mitzu for that one), a missing O ring on the drivers side axel (again, thanks capitol), low diff fluids. "oh here we go" thought I, expecting the inevitable "it will cost $$$ for this, $$$ for that, $$$ for the other" that we get from most vendors.

Well, no. Actually, Paul put in a new O ring seal, fixed the threaded bolt, changed the diff fluids and actually only charged me for the O ring itself. I think it was a $5 part. So, no more leaking tranny for me and the car is feeling much perkier. The clutch is grabby as hell too :D

I just wanted to let you guys know how well (and above all FAIRLY!) I was looked after*

* this is not a paid presentation of EIP, and represents my personal thoughts and feelings only :P :P :P

PANGES
12-21-2006, 01:05 PM
That's cool they took care of you. :)

Hot8Evo
12-21-2006, 01:06 PM
You forgot to put how much you pay EIP otd..

Limeyboy
12-21-2006, 01:10 PM

Hi Marlon,

I did that deliberately - I dont want to list a private quotation on a public forum. Its down to EIP what they quote people for a job. Lets just say it was not as much as "Vendor A" had asked for in the first place (before the $125 price hike)

Hot8Evo
12-21-2006, 01:12 PM

Hi Marlon,

I did that deliberately - I dont want to list a private quotation on a public forum. Its down to EIP what they quote people for a job. Lets just say it was not as much as "Vendor A" had asked for in the first place (before the $125 price hike)

That's cool simon...

PANGES
12-21-2006, 01:13 PM

Hi Marlon,

that's messed up! In that case, we should flame him for not putting this in the Buyers Corner section. haha. jk

Limeyboy
12-21-2006, 01:13 PM
That's cool simon...

To clarify, I was happy to list the original quotation from "Vendor A" as I have chosen not to name them. no point naming and shaming here!

Limeyboy
12-21-2006, 01:14 PM
that's messed up! In that case, we should flame him for not putting this in the Buyers Corner section. haha. jk

Lol E - flame away good buddy. I love it :D Although, I do agree with you - you are right, there is a buyers corner for this kinda post. Ill mail +1 himself and ask him to move this.

PANGES
12-21-2006, 01:27 PM

Lol E - flame away good buddy. I love it :D Although, I do agree with you - you are right, there is a buyers corner for this kinda post. Ill mail +1 himself and ask him to move this.

haha who cares. We're glad u got treated well though. I'll spare you the flaming this time... but I'll keep in mind next time I see you... you owe me a starbucks.

Limeyboy
12-21-2006, 01:35 PM

haha who cares. We're glad u got treated well though. I'll spare you the flaming this time... but I'll keep in mind next time I see you... you owe me a starbucks.

Heehehehe :) You gotta deal. Grande tripple shot?

Hot8Evo
12-21-2006, 02:06 PM
That's cool simon...

To clarify, I was happy to list the original quotation from "Vendor A" as I have chosen not to name them. no point naming and shaming here!

Actually, if a member go to EIP to get a new clutch they will base on Â*Vendor A qoute and if paul gave the member higher prize than vendor A they will think it was a ripped off..

PANGES
12-21-2006, 02:29 PM

Heehehehe :) You gotta deal. Grande tripple shot?

nahh.. Black tea lemonade with extra sweetner

PANGES
12-21-2006, 02:29 PM
That's cool simon...

Actually, if a member go to EIP to get a new clutch they will base on Vendor A qoute and if paul gave the member higher prize than vendor A they will think it was a ripped off..

That's true... =/

nyne
12-21-2006, 02:36 PM
get some work done eh? ;)

Limeyboy
12-21-2006, 02:50 PM
That's cool simon...

Actually, if a member go to EIP to get a new clutch they will base on Vendor A qoute and if paul gave the member higher prize than vendor A they will think it was a ripped off..

To clarify - I did not mention to EIP the amount of the first quote. At no time did any price matching come into play, unless "Vendor A" happened to call EIP and let them know? ;) The quote I got from paul was over the phone and invovled no mention of previous vendor quote. I did mention it on the day I picked up the car, however.

Limeyboy
12-21-2006, 02:51 PM
get some work done eh? ;)

Naturally

9secMonster
12-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Let me guess..."Vendor A" is Gruppe S? :lol:

9secMonster
12-21-2006, 03:04 PM
http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index.php/topic,14922.0.html

Looks like a pretty good deal if its actually $999 OTD.

awdaddict
12-21-2006, 03:55 PM

Haha, I think he saw it.
Stop with the tease, hehe

ST
12-21-2006, 05:06 PM
Question - How do you like your organic clutch street and race wise (if you have tried to race launch it that is :p )? I'm in the market for one myself, but not sure that act hd can hold 350-400whp.

Limeyboy
12-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Question - How do you like your organic clutch street and race wise (if you have tried to race launch it that is :p )? I'm in the market for one myself, but not sure that act hd can hold 350-400whp.

The Organic Stg1 Exedy is nice for the mild mods and relatively low AWHP of my Viii. Have not launched it yet - bedding it in first. In terms of street driving, its firmer, more bitey, more chatter, but still driveable and very useable. Im not so sure I would use a Stg1 with 400 AWHP - even though the manufacturers claim they can handle it, do they mean AWHP or FWHP ;)

Limeyboy
12-21-2006, 06:27 PM

Haha, I think he saw it.
Stop with the tease, hehe

Yeah I saw it. Always the way isnt it. You get the clutch donw, then a vendor pops up with a clutch/flywheel install deal. Never mind, maybe in another 25k miles ;)

UCB
12-24-2006, 05:01 PM
+1 for the EIP shop dog :P

You should see that thing chase rats at night