PDA

View Full Version : Weight Label recall

SouthernCrane
06-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Just FYI.........

There is a recall for the weight label.......I got my notice today.

Black_EVO
06-21-2004, 07:02 PM
Yeh. i knew about that. Sheesh.. cant go anywhere without getting that fixed :!:

SouthernCrane
06-21-2004, 07:04 PM
Yeh. i knew about that. Sheesh.. cant go anywhere without getting that fixed :!:

It is vital! Without it, you might get hurt! :roll:

Why can't they recall things that really need to be recalled?

RonV
06-21-2004, 07:27 PM

It is vital! Without it, you might get hurt! :roll:

Why can't they recall things that really need to be recalled?I just got mine today. I wonder what the diff is anyway???

Ron

Black_EVO
06-21-2004, 07:59 PM
If the new weight is less that the old one you might gain some time on the stip. jk

If it is more I would stick with the old one... ha ha :roll:

GReddy_917
06-21-2004, 08:29 PM
Yeap I got mine today as well....hardly something worth my time...Ill just wait till I take her in for a service.

vtluu
06-21-2004, 08:46 PM
If you take the sticker off, your car will weigh a bit less. :lol:

kimmievo
06-21-2004, 09:26 PM
Mine just came in the mail today too. It's gonna take two months for the sticker to come in, then they'll want to keep your car overnight for a 15 minute job....lol. :lol:

wilson1
06-21-2004, 09:40 PM
i just got mines too!

warpspeed
06-21-2004, 09:50 PM
I got mine also. But who cares about the sticker. I will probably blow it off. They might drive my Evo around for fun.

SouthernCrane
06-22-2004, 07:06 AM
I got mine also. But who cares about the sticker. I will probably blow it off. They might drive my Evo around for fun.

Yeah maybe, they probably won't give you the sticker if they [the dealerships] don't put it on themselves.

BluEvo
06-22-2004, 08:49 AM
i called the dealership for the sticker. they will not be in until next monday or so. man this is just stupid. they can recall a damn sticker and not the rattle noise in the pillars, or synchro grinding. the problems that are real and noticeable.

vtluu
06-22-2004, 09:27 AM
Which pillar do you get a rattle from? I get a bit from the B (?) pillar, the one just behind me to my left; it's a bit annoying but I can mostly ignore it. I have a bit of rattle from my A-pillar but that's probably because I didn't pad out the wires and boost line I ran in it to the gauges mounted on the pillar.

BluEvo
06-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Which pillar do you get a rattle from? I get a bit from the B (?) pillar, the one just behind me to my left; it's a bit annoying but I can mostly ignore it. I have a bit of rattle from my A-pillar but that's probably because I didn't pad out the wires and boost line I ran in it to the gauges mounted on the pillar.
i've got in the B if thats that's the front passenger one. and in the pillar behind the front passenger. it's annoying when i'm driving on the freeway. :? oh well just turn up the tunes and "Roll Out!"

chris
06-22-2004, 10:15 AM
i've got in the B if thats that's the front passenger one. and in the pillar behind the front passenger. it's annoying when i'm driving on the freeway. :? oh well just turn up the tunes and "Roll Out!"

or moveee bitch get out the way! haha

MarkSAE
06-22-2004, 11:32 AM
You'd think Mitsu would be smart enough to just mail out the new labels w/ the recall notices. :roll:

evo_dadi
06-22-2004, 12:11 PM
lol very true but its too easy so i doubt theyll ever think of that ;)

SouthernCrane
06-22-2004, 12:50 PM
You'd think Mitsu would be smart enough to just mail out the new labels w/ the recall notices. :roll:

It's just a plot for us to bring our cars in so they can see what part of the car's warranty they can void while putting on the sticker :lol: .

brwnrice
06-22-2004, 12:56 PM

It's just a plot for us to bring our cars in so they can see what part of the car's warranty they can void while putting on the sticker :lol: .

brian has a good point. maybe its a propaganda

BluEvo
06-22-2004, 01:26 PM
:werd:

Whooopasss
06-22-2004, 01:36 PM
I agree.... damn spys!!!!

559EVO
06-22-2004, 06:37 PM
I just got my notice today, is this only for some EVO's or for all?

Buzzard
06-23-2004, 01:26 AM
Those tags are mandated by the DOT, Mitsu has no choice in the matter. They have to make sure all Evo's get the correct tag or show that they made a reasonable attempt to do so.

evo_dadi
06-23-2004, 06:49 AM
hmm i havent got mine but yet my sis got hers already and she got her evo a month after mine.

vtluu
06-23-2004, 08:47 AM
Got mine yesterday...

MarkSAE
06-23-2004, 09:42 AM
Yep, I got mine yesterday also.

evotistic
06-23-2004, 05:49 PM
I got mine yesterday also....so I'm not the only one with rattling pillars? It is a recall item. That and the temperature knob sticking at the 12 o clock position. I took my car to Corporate Motors(a couple weeks ago) and they said alot of people are having that rattle. It took about two weeks to get the parts in though.

B

vtluu
06-23-2004, 05:59 PM
I don't think there are any recalls other the weight label (I did a search at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/recallsearch.cfm). There may be TSBs (technical service bulletins) on those other items though, just like with the synchros.

brwnrice
06-23-2004, 06:05 PM
I don't think there are any recalls other the weight label (I did a search at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/recallsearch.cfm). There may be TSBs (technical service bulletins) on those other items though, just like with the synchros.

found this http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/hot/pressdisplay.cfm?year=2004&filename=pr20-04.html