PDA

View Full Version : Voice of a newbie

kenshin
06-23-2004, 04:22 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm new to NorCalEvo.net... just joined the other day. I don't know if anyone else notices, but being new here, I have the following observation.

WORKS is great. WORKS is our friend. VISHNU (Shiv) sucks. Anyone found saying anything negative about WORKS is promptly warned by the moderators. Oh-kay...

Personally, I'm more offended by some of the members' avatars than negative opinions on some particular vendor. While on the subject of avatars, Moderators, please do something about them!

JanSolo
06-23-2004, 04:36 PM
There are limitations built in regarding the size & dimensions of the avatar. If they are not offensive, then they stay. I'm more concerned about signatures than avatars, since generally the avatars are smaller and easier to control, whereas the signatures are more or less left to the imagination and creativity of the user which can get out of hand.

06-23-2004, 04:54 PM
hummmm newbi seem to be a little .......................... :twisted:

kenshin
06-23-2004, 05:00 PM
My apologies if I'm causing any stir around here...

I don't mind BIG avatars... I don't even mind ugly ones... but please keep it clean and rated G. I browse the forums when I have some time at work and it's not appropriate to see avatars (animated gifs) that suggest something sexual...

Thanks.

BluEvo
06-23-2004, 05:07 PM
kenshin, welcome to the boards. that is a legit concern. at least it makes sense. others are just getting annoyed about avatars and sigs by just looking at them.

*heres a hint...stop looking at them so hard. :wink: *

JanSolo
06-23-2004, 05:09 PM
Oh yer lucky you don't hop on SoCalEvo.net at work. That place is generally much worse than here when it comes to "inappropriate avatars" and such. So far, I don't think people have pushed the boundaries too far, but if you feel that someone's avatar is not safe for work, please shoot me a PM.

ez76
06-23-2004, 05:53 PM
Welcome to norcalevo!

Shiv is my friend so n'ya n'ya! :D

JanSolo
06-23-2004, 07:14 PM
Welcome to norcalevo!

Shiv is my friend so n'ya n'ya! :D

Interesting.. how does one obtain these things known as "friends"?

GReddy_917
06-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm new to NorCalEvo.net... just joined the other day. I don't know if anyone else notices, but being new here, I have the following observation.

WORKS is great. WORKS is our friend. VISHNU (Shiv) sucks. Anyone found saying anything negative about WORKS is promptly warned by the moderators. Oh-kay...

#1. Welcomet to the board. You sure are a quick observer for having just joined!

#2. The longer you frequent this board and our meets, the more you'll learn that WORKS is our friend...these guys have always been at all our meets and have donated expensive products for our raffles. They provide top-notch quality products and friendly knowledgeable service.

(no I am not a WORKS whore...just do a search and you will find out "who" is....lol)

kenshin
06-23-2004, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. :)

I have a question for those members who put a picture of their car in the sig... WHY!?!? We all have an EVO and yours doesn't look too different than mine! :werd:

DB8GSR
06-23-2004, 08:23 PM

LoL..

you are not alone... *insert x-files music*

:roll: :lol:

evo_dadi
06-23-2004, 09:23 PM

I have a question for those members who put a picture of their car in the sig... WHY!?!? We all have an EVO and yours doesn't look too different than mine! :werd:

lol sooo many questions :P :P well few reasons: theyre proud of it and it might look the same with the others but they took their own pics with it so its kinda like thier sibling. they can get enough of the evo. so other peeps know whats the color of their evo.and a bunch of other stuff you can think of :wink:

warnings are issued when a post from a member gets low and dirty,opinions are welcome but lets not get too carried away and start flaming people and calling names.there's the pm's to use also but some prefer getting immature. just my 02 cents :peace:

nebolic
06-23-2004, 09:47 PM
Kenshi,

Welcome to the board.

If you don't want to see the avatars you can turn them off yourself.

Go to
Tool >
Internet Options >
Advanced>
Go under the section Multimedia
and declick "Show Pictures"

There you jus turned off the avatars.

Enjoy the boards. BTW, where are you from? Didn't see your locality on your profile so just wondering. Anyhow have fun.

Nebo

SouthernCrane
06-24-2004, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the boards man. Enjoy!

Evo442
06-24-2004, 02:14 PM
My apologies if I'm causing any stir around here...

I don't mind BIG avatars... I don't even mind ugly ones... but please keep it clean and rated G. I browse the forums when I have some time at work and it's not appropriate to see avatars (animated gifs) that suggest something sexual...

Thanks.

Just yanking your chain, but how does your employer feel about you surfing the net while you're at work? Ha Ha... :D

Evo442
06-24-2004, 02:21 PM

Well... I guess i'm one of "those" members so how about this... I wanted an avatar but was lacked the ambition or creativity to put up a cool, original avatar. Instead, I put in a pic of my car that was on my desktop.

:P