PDA

View Full Version : Auto Innovations for Alignment

PANGES
12-30-2006, 02:41 AM
Got my coilovers on a few weeks ago. Finally decided to go get an allignment. I went to the sticky of local allignment shops on NCE. First on the list; Auto Innovations in Milpitas. I got the appointment really easy. I called yesterday and got an appointment for today. I got there, they asked what specs I wanted and everything went pretty quick. They took my car in, worked pretty fast and got my car out fo the shop. After they finished with the alignment, one of the workers there took my car out for a test drive (Just curious, is it really even necessary to take a car on a test drive after an alignment??). I get out of my seat and walk outside wondering if the worker there is going to do what I think he's gonna do. So I stand there and just hang out and listen. As I thought, as my car moved out of visual range, about 5 seconds later I hear "VRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM" as he smashed through a gearÂ* :shock:. I stand and wait a couple seconds later and "VROOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" I hear another pull. I dont know how far he went, but in that 5-10 min test drive he took, I heard about 4 pulls at WOT (Who knows how many he did when he was out of ear range). After he pulls back in, the guy runs into the shop, comes out with a flash light and examines the bottom of my car then runs back inside (bottom out or hit something probally like the idiot he is). After that, another guy comes out and asks me to pay. Speechless, I just walk in, pay and leave.Â* :?

Auto Innovations = Get an F- in customer service and lack of respect and trashing on someone's car.

BTW: My car was not warmed up before he took it out and trashed on it.

Great job, Auto Innovation, for reminding me how much I hate going to a shop for anything and letting people touch my car.

Auto Innovations
1337 Minnis Circle
Milpitas, CA 95035
408-956-8004
Alignment: around $80 - $100 (1 hr - 1.5 hr)
Corner weight: n/a
Opens on Sat 9am - 3pm

FTMFL

RgistRdShowoffIX
12-30-2006, 02:57 AM
thank you for the report.

:crosses off Auto Innovations:

BigEd925
12-30-2006, 03:53 AM
ouch.... you should of gone to GST motorsports

PANGES
12-30-2006, 04:02 AM

they do alignments? I'll keep that in mind next time.. =/

fusionchicken
12-30-2006, 06:37 AM
oh now that's f*cked up....wow i would be F*CKING PISSED if this happened to me!!!

did he scratch anything under ur car? ur front bumper? hopefully not...if so u should definitely take the car back and make them pay for any damage!

hurricane
12-30-2006, 08:53 AM
go to motorsport technique in hayward, i had a good experience with them...around 90 bucks for alignment,camber and toe correction in an hour or so.

hi_nrg_fizzix
12-30-2006, 09:13 AM
Roger Krause Racing in is also very good. Brandon did not beat on my car for the test drive.

superfleajq
12-30-2006, 09:55 AM
That's really odd...any idea who the guy was that took the car out for a test drive? I've taken my cars there many times (both my gf's wrx, my evo, and my prelude...multiple times), and this has never happened. I'm not sure if they have any new workers, but Stephen and Orlando would never do this.

Whenever they've finished w/ my alignment, they've only taken it for a quick 30sec-1min test drive around the actual circle of Minnis Circle...but then again, each time it's been Stephen or Orlando helping me with my cars...and they are honest guys.

For the person who did this to your car, I would seriously have brought it to their attention, cause that's messed up.

PANGES
12-30-2006, 01:11 PM
That's really odd...any idea who the guy was that took the car out for a test drive? I've taken my cars there many times (both my gf's wrx, my evo, and my prelude...multiple times), and this has never happened. I'm not sure if they have any new workers, but Stephen and Orlando would never do this.

Whenever they've finished w/ my alignment, they've only taken it for a quick 30sec-1min test drive around the actual circle of Minnis Circle...but then again, each time it's been Stephen or Orlando helping me with my cars...and they are honest guys.

For the person who did this to your car, I would seriously have brought it to their attention, cause that's messed up.

It was some white dude that took my car out for a drive. I dunno his name. I was pretty pissed and speechless after that. Also reminds me why I would'nt bring my car to a vallet.

RgistRdShowoffIX
12-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Yeah...I was in LA at the Ritz in Marina Del Mar... Some guy brought his Z06 in...brand new.. The vallet took it and drove it all nice-like.. the guy walked inside and the valet floored it around the parking garage. I was so grateful we didn't bring the Evo.. -_-

9secMonster
12-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Thats pretty rediculous of them to do that. I would have demanded a refund and make them pay for any damages done to your car. Whats up with all these shops messing up peoples cars lately?? :?

masurie
12-30-2006, 02:01 PM
wow good thing i forgot to call them to make an appt allignment. i am just curious, is it really necessary to test drive your car after the allignment is done????

maybe next time you should go with him while he test drive the car........

Lurk
12-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Got my coilovers on a few weeks ago. Finally decided to go get an allignment. I went to the sticky of local allignment shops on NCE. First on the list; Auto Innovations in Milpitas. I got the appointment really easy. I called yesterday and got an appointment for today. I got there, they asked what specs I wanted and everything went pretty quick. They took my car in, worked pretty fast and got my car out fo the shop. After they finished with the alignment, one of the workers there took my car out for a test drive (Just curious, is it really even necessary to take a car on a test drive after an alignment??). I get out of my seat and walk outside wondering if the worker there is going to do what I think he's gonna do. So I stand there and just hang out and listen. As I thought, as my car moved out of visual range, about 5 seconds later I hear "VRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM" as he smashed through a gear :shock:. I stand and wait a couple seconds later and "VROOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" I hear another pull. I dont know how far he went, but in that 5-10 min test drive he took, I heard about 4 pulls at WOT (Who knows how many he did when he was out of ear range). After he pulls back in, the guy runs into the shop, comes out with a flash light and examines the bottom of my car then runs back inside (bottom out or hit something probally like the idiot he is). After that, another guy comes out and asks me to pay. Speechless, I just walk in, pay and leave. :?

Auto Innovations = Get an F- in customer service and lack of respect and trashing on someone's car.

Great job, Auto Innovation, for reminding me how much I hate going to a shop for anything and letting people touch my car.

Auto Innovations
1337 Minnis Circle
Milpitas, CA 95035
408-956-8004
Opens on Sat 9am - 3pm

FTMFL

Hey man, don't you live all the way up by Daly City?? What would make you drive all the way down to Milpitas just for an alignment? Who recommended AI to you anyway?

I would have went to Motorsport Techniques instead..

PANGES
12-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Got my coilovers on a few weeks ago. Finally decided to go get an allignment. I went to the sticky of local allignment shops on NCE. First on the list; Auto Innovations in Milpitas. I got the appointment really easy. I called yesterday and got an appointment for today. I got there, they asked what specs I wanted and everything went pretty quick. They took my car in, worked pretty fast and got my car out fo the shop. After they finished with the alignment, one of the workers there took my car out for a test drive (Just curious, is it really even necessary to take a car on a test drive after an alignment??). I get out of my seat and walk outside wondering if the worker there is going to do what I think he's gonna do. So I stand there and just hang out and listen. As I thought, as my car moved out of visual range, about 5 seconds later I hear "VRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM" as he smashed through a gear :shock:. I stand and wait a couple seconds later and "VROOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" I hear another pull. I dont know how far he went, but in that 5-10 min test drive he took, I heard about 4 pulls at WOT (Who knows how many he did when he was out of ear range). After he pulls back in, the guy runs into the shop, comes out with a flash light and examines the bottom of my car then runs back inside (bottom out or hit something probally like the idiot he is). After that, another guy comes out and asks me to pay. Speechless, I just walk in, pay and leave. :?

Auto Innovations
1337 Minnis Circle
Milpitas, CA 95035
408-956-8004
Opens on Sat 9am - 3pm

FTMFL

Hey man, don't you live all the way up by Daly City?? What would make you drive all the way down to Milpitas just for an alignment? Who recommended AI to you anyway?

I would have went to Motorsport Techniques instead..

I went up there because my gf wanted to goto great mall anyways. lol. Shopping FTL too.

edit: I knew about them because I looked in the alignment shop thread and they were first on the list... =/

here's the thread:
http://www.norcalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&topic=2688.0

earlyapex1
12-30-2006, 09:48 PM

they do alignments? I'll keep that in mind next time.. =/

Yes in January they will have full alignment and tire mounting capabilites! ;)

Full Function
01-02-2007, 08:01 PM
I only trust Motorsport with my alignments... Mark has done it for us for EVERYTHING from our parent's cars, our race cars, street cars, my old muscle cars, he's done it all. They have great prices and a ton of experience, everywhere else charges either an arm and a leg or they don't know what they are doing. Sorry to hear that AI did such a poor job, you should bring it to Steve and Orlando's attention even if you aren't going back. They will need to know so they can reprimand that employee one way or another.

jerry

Darwinator
01-02-2007, 08:11 PM
F them, straight up.

mtsevovii
01-02-2007, 08:22 PM
im suprised they do that when they are right next to milpitas pd.

PANGES
01-03-2007, 05:49 PM
im suprised they do that when they are right next to milpitas pd.

Appearently the guy that smashed on my car was the new guy there. Shrugs..

vtluu
01-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience. Orlando and Steve (?) have always treated me and my cars with the greatest care and respect.

superfleajq
01-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience. Orlando and Steve (?) have always treated me and my cars with the greatest care and respect.

+1

evo OCD
02-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Wow, that sucks. Ive had nothing but good things to say about AI, I took my subaru there and they were always great.