PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth the extra price?

warpspeed
01-01-2007, 09:03 PM
I was looking around for replacement sparks plug for my Evo and saw a price for the Denso Iridium for $11.99 but the stock NGK was only $6.95. Are the Denso really worth the extra $5.04 per plug? :shock:

Bagsik_EVOVIII
01-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Go with Denso Iridium ..you wont have any problems..stock plugs works like crap

warpspeed
01-01-2007, 09:10 PM

If the NGK (stock) works like crap, then why did Mitsubishi used them on our Evos? :?

RgistRdShowoffIX
01-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Aren't the stockers the Iridium IX series?

warpspeed
01-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Aren't the stockers the Iridium IX series?

Not sure because the plugs takes a 13/16 spark plug socket which I don't have :x so I can't verify that but that is what a dealership told me that the Evos came with.

bricel24
01-01-2007, 09:24 PM

anything to solidly back this up? because i want to know myself.

missred
01-01-2007, 09:37 PM
hopefully this helps

http://www.lancershop.com/customer/home.php?cat=89

bricel24
01-01-2007, 09:38 PM
paul what plugs are you using now?

missred
01-01-2007, 09:40 PM
here's more

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.aspx?parttype=960&ptset=A&searchfor=Spark+Plugs

Hot8Evo
01-01-2007, 09:40 PM
How often you guys change the spark plugs? i'm doing my 30k services this month so, im thinking to get one also..

missred
01-01-2007, 09:44 PM

ngk BPR7ES AT 1.99 a plug, I started changing them every other oil change to keep my car peppy and sparkyÂ* :lol:

Hot8Evo
01-01-2007, 09:45 PM

ngk BPR7ES or BP7ES AT 1.99 a plug, I started changing them every other oil change to keep my car peppy and sparkyÂ* :lol:

Can you get this at pepboys?

missred
01-01-2007, 09:48 PM

ngk BPR7ES or BP7ES AT 1.99 a plug, I started changing them every other oil change to keep my car peppy and sparkyÂ* :lol:

Can you get this at pepboys?

yes you can, dude i have some if you need em Marlon.

bricel24
01-01-2007, 09:57 PM

ngk BPR7ES AT 1.99 a plug, I started changing them every other oil change to keep my car peppy and sparky :lol:

sweet sweet! u wanna help me change my plugs on my next oil change? :D which reminds me, im never gonna use castrol again. i just switched back to mobil1 last saturday as well.

missred
01-01-2007, 10:01 PM

ngk BPR7ESÂ* AT 1.99 a plug, I started changing them every other oil change to keep my car peppy and sparkyÂ* :lol:

sweet sweet! u wanna help me change my plugs on my next oil change? :D which reminds me, im never gonna use castrol again. i just switched back to mobil1 last saturday as well.

try valvoline synthetic it's good. Sure we can change your plugs on the next oil change

bricel24
01-01-2007, 11:00 PM

ngk BPR7ES AT 1.99 a plug, I started changing them every other oil change to keep my car peppy and sparky :lol:

try valvoline synthetic it's good. Sure we can change your plugs on the next oil change

cool, will do try it on the next one. :D

Hot8Evo
01-01-2007, 11:02 PM

ngk BPR7ESÂ* AT 1.99 a plug, I started changing them every other oil change to keep my car peppy and sparkyÂ* :lol:

Trade ko na lang sana syo yung dalawang case ng valvoline ko sa hfc mo.. Si paul libre oil change yan ngayon..

bricel24
01-01-2007, 11:04 PM

Trade ko na lang sana syo yung dalawang case ng valvoline ko sa hfc mo.. Si paul libre oil change yan ngayon..

:lol: let's see if paul would let go of his RRE, tagal din yan naghintay :lol:

Hot8Evo
01-01-2007, 11:05 PM

His not upgrade his engine if he didnt got a ride from me and biged.. lol....

bricel24
01-01-2007, 11:06 PM

His not upgrade his engine if he didnt got a ride from me and biged.. lol....

wahahaha paul is being cornered by marlon lolll

*sorry for kinda hijacking the thread btw :lol:

earlyapex1
01-01-2007, 11:21 PM
the bpr7es will not work in evo 9's as it takes a longer plug.

bricel24
01-01-2007, 11:26 PM
the bpr7es will not work in evo 9's as it takes a longer plug.

:shock: thanks for the heads up B! 8)

warpspeed
01-02-2007, 10:14 AM
As in the beginning of this post I was looking around for spark plugs for my '03 Evo and comparing prices.Â* I was able to look in the manual and it said that the '03 uses NGK IGR7A-G but when I put all the info of my car it came up with NGK BPR7EIXÂ* or Denso IW22 but not the NGK IGR7A-G.Â* Could these plugs (BPR7EIXÂ* or Denso IW22) be an upgrade from stock or their database is not up to date?

MitsuMan
01-02-2007, 11:33 AM
all the iridium is, is a wear reducer. like platnum plugs they last longer. I have them got them from the dealer as a OEM application thats what the car calls for according to Cap mitsu

ace33joe
01-20-2007, 10:17 PM
As in the beginning of this post I was looking around for spark plugs for my '03 Evo and comparing prices.Â* I was able to look in the manual and it said that the '03 uses NGK IGR7A-G but when I put all the info of my car it came up with NGK BPR7EIXÂ* or Denso IW22 but not the NGK IGR7A-G.Â* Could these plugs (BPR7EIXÂ* or Denso IW22) be an upgrade from stock or their database is not up to date?

I know this tread is old, but I hope I can share my findings about plugs.

OEM plugs are made by NGK, and they are IGR7A-G, called "laser iridium", and as far as I know the difference between BPR7EIX iridium is that laser iridium has platinum ground electrode so that it will last longer than BPR7EIX whose tip is also iridium but ground electrode is the same as regular plugs. That is why IGR7A-G plugs are more expensive than BPR7EIX.

It is same for Denso. IW22 also has regular ground electrode, and I am not sure it is available in the US, but Denso also carries a line called "Iridium tough" which has a platinum ground electrode.

According to Denso, Iridium Power (e.g. IW22) has better performance, but shorter life time than Iridium Tough. They recommend replacement every 30,000 miles for Iridium power.

OEM plugs are supposed to last 60,000 miles under general condition according to the owner's manual.

Hope this helps.

evo637
01-21-2007, 10:12 PM
How often you guys change the spark plugs? i'm doing my 30k services this month so, im thinking to get one also..

Change mine every 15k and change the plug harness every 30k...Seems overkill but I do track my car..I use stock plugs

AreSTG
01-21-2007, 10:23 PM
wow, so changing plugs every two oil changes(under 6k) is a bit of overkill for me huh?