PDA

View Full Version : Buying an Evo

mk112288
06-24-2004, 09:22 PM
What dealers are easy to work with in the bary area? I'm located in the south bay, so a dealer in my part of the world would be good. Also what options do you guys recommend? and is the Sunroof, Sound, and Leather PKG worth it? And at this point in time, are the dealers willing to make deals?

chrisw
06-25-2004, 06:43 AM
It's a bit of a haul, but I went down to salinas and bought mine from there. Got a pretty good deal too.

vtluu
06-25-2004, 08:08 AM
Paid $1k below MSRP at Hayward Mitsubishi in September '03.

JanSolo
06-25-2004, 09:03 AM
Paid invoice at Stevens Creek Mitsu, though in retrospect I wish I would have gone to San Rafael Mitsubishi and talked to Snorre.

BluEvo
06-25-2004, 11:04 AM
i got mines at Capital Mitsu. i didn't have any probs there and i was in and out pretty quick. i paid below msrp, but i had negative equity from my Stang that got thrown on top of my loan anyway. i really wanted a sunroof on mine, but it was the only Blue they had and they said that i have to wait until a Blue w/ sunroof popped up.

brwnrice
06-25-2004, 11:13 AM
another alternative is buying a used evo. there are a couple of members here that are selling their car.

Maldo
06-25-2004, 04:27 PM
I paid MSRP for mine in Modesto, but I got the 1st Sun & Sound package with leather from them. I think the extra money for the upgrade is worth it hence the reason I got it.

Pros-
-Nice sounding stereo...
-Nice Moonroof...
-Leather really improves the look of the interior...

Cons-
-Price difference...
-As well as those seats wrap around you, you tend to slide more on leather under hard driving...
-Price difference...
-The sting of hot leather on bare skin...
-Price difference...

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album124/IMG_0069.sized.jpg
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album124/IMG_0074.sized.jpg
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album124/IMG_0073.sized.jpg
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album124/IMG_0072.sized.jpg

mk112288
06-25-2004, 05:38 PM
Also, by any chance, has anyone delt with Nick at Stevens Creek Mistu?

Buzzard
06-25-2004, 10:49 PM
I almost decked some little smart ass (don't remember name) at Stevens Creek, he has no idea how close he came to visiting his dentist. When I said I wouldn't pay their mark up, he said "then the car isn't for you". When I told him I would get one for less than sticker, he told me I was an idiot. That was when I started to move forward but was intercepted and hustled out by the GF at the time. Bought one at Capital for under invoice the next day (some guy bought one the day before me, paid $8k markup). Boy, I'm sure glad I've managed to control my temper! You can take the boy off the ice but you can't take the hockey player out of the boy!

I should have added that I bought my car in April 2003, I talked to a few dealers and none of them wanted to give up their mark ups. They guy who bought the first Evo in the Bay Area paid $20k over sticker for it from Capital Mitsu.

V8KiLL3R
06-26-2004, 08:18 AM
i got mine at capitol mitsu at invoice price

GokuSSJ4
06-26-2004, 09:30 AM
1500 below MSRP , i took several phone calls and about 2-3hrs discussing the price with the dealer. :?

mk112288
06-26-2004, 09:31 AM
i got mine at capitol mitsu at invoice price

BTW, does anyone have the invoice prices for the EVO and the options?

coolguy949
06-26-2004, 10:47 AM
edmunds.com has the invoice on the 04.....its like 28,777 with destination......i think

LEVIII
06-27-2004, 12:16 AM
paid 300 under MSRP in all the way in Reno, but dont go there. In fact I wouldnt even drive past there if your in Reno, theyll prob run out and rape you as you drive past.

Choooooo Choooooooooooo
(bitter train)

gaughtboost
06-27-2004, 12:12 PM
i paid 1,000.00 over invoice, at Hayward mits.

JanSolo
06-27-2004, 12:45 PM
I should have added that I bought my car in April 2003, I talked to a few dealers and none of them wanted to give up their mark ups. They guy who bought the first Evo in the Bay Area paid $20k over sticker for it from Capital Mitsu.

I remember the sticker with the price floating around on the net back in the day. The person who paid that markup is either rich, stupid or both.

ShAtTeReD
06-27-2004, 01:08 PM
:cry: :( i dont own one :(

garrick70
06-27-2004, 08:42 PM
I paid $1000.00 under MSRP at Roseville Mitsubishi. $29932.00

kataklyzm
06-27-2004, 08:59 PM
1500 BELOW invoice :D

finance guy messed up on the contract and gave me the lancer rebate. i was dead even at invoice (unfortunately i had a neg equity trade, so i didnt really see the benefit of it). plus they got me the loyalty rebate (since i had bought two cars from them prior)

this was all at capitol, and they recently gave me a new clutch, flywheel, pressure plate& bearings etc etc under warranty :peace:

Buzzard
06-27-2004, 09:00 PM

I remember the sticker with the price floating around on the net back in the day. The person who paid that markup is either rich, stupid or both.

He suffered from having to be the first to have an Evo in the Bay Area. Means a whole lot now, probably doesn't even have it anymore. Moron. I was told when it was supposed to be in, they called me. I drove up and walked in and started laughing at them when I saw the mark up. I think I said something like "I will pay $50k for a Mitsushubishi the day that monkeys fly out of my ass". They had a hard time understanding that this car's appeal (at least to me) was due it's bang for the buck feature (and affordable tweaking :twisted: ).

I was in the Subie dealer on Stevens Creek, they have STi's marked up $9999. 4 '05's sitting in the show room plus how many more in the back and they want that kind of mark up, I guess they hope someone will just meekly pay that but it can also back fire on them. I know I don't usually do business with gougers. At least they finally have adjustable steering wheels, no more smashing my knee on the steering wheel during heel-toes. I guess that means if Mitsu takes the plunge, I can always buy an STi and not worry about bruised and bloody knees.

JanSolo
06-27-2004, 09:50 PM
I was in the Subie dealer on Stevens Creek, they have STi's marked up $9999. 4 '05's sitting in the show room plus how many more in the back and they want that kind of mark up, I guess they hope someone will just meekly pay that but it can also back fire on them.

Those people are not living in reality. When we went there to buy my wife's WRX, they tried to get her to pay MSRP for the car and all the options she wanted. When they informed us that they would not give us the car for invoice, I apologized for wasting their time especially when they had so many customers there who were obviously beating down the doors to buy the few WRXs they had left. Of course, there was no one else there and they were sitting on around 20 WRXs. :P

MarkSAE
06-28-2004, 06:51 PM
I got mine for 29.3k OTD w/ sunroof and high spoiler at Hayward Mitsu in March 04. I also own a 98 GSX, so I used my registration to get another $500 off for the Mitsu loyalty rebate.

My only complaint about my car was that it came w/ a lot of swirl marks on the fenders and rear quarter panels and a lot of pretty deep fine scratches on the hood's paint that I could not buff out. Oh well, you can only see those marks under certain lighting conditions and only as certain angles. I should have asked the dealer not to have those morons detail my car.

kimmievo
06-28-2004, 09:01 PM
I got mine for 29K at Hayward Mitsu in late March...came with the Sunroof, CF wing, grounding kit, door sill scuff plate kit and sports meter kit.

Buzzard
06-29-2004, 09:58 AM
I got mine for 29.3k OTD w/ sunroof and high spoiler at Hayward Mitsu in March 04. I also own a 98 GSX, so I used my registration to get another $500 off for the Mitsu loyalty rebate.

My only complaint about my car was that it came w/ a lot of swirl marks on the fenders and rear quarter panels and a lot of pretty deep fine scratches on the hood's paint that I could not buff out. Oh well, you can only see those marks under certain lighting conditions and only as certain angles. I should have asked the dealer not to have those morons detail my car.

I think that the black paint is the worse paint I have ever owned in my many, many years of driving. Even my trick of letting the polish sit over night and throughly polymerize isn't working. Almost all polishes take many hours to completely harder, if you buff it off right away, your not letting it bond properly (Zaino has a polish w/ a catalyst that rapidly increases the bonding time). I haven't really cut the paint hard yet, thats the next step, use a more aggressive cutter than the one I've tried so far. I usually polish in the evening and let it sit overnight, then buff it off in the morning, than I wax it. People think I'm nuts because it takes 2 days to detail my car!

Here's my steps for the exterior:
1. Wash (Dawn dish soap -- this stuff is the best)
2. Clay bar
3. Coarse cut
4. Fine cut (I look at it like sanding, heavy grit first then finer grit, some don't agree)
5. Mist detailer (clean the surface again for next step)
6. Clay bar
7. Polish
8. Wax
9. BEER

webguy330i
06-30-2004, 09:43 AM
I ended up (after my trade-in and tax break because of said trade-in) around $500 under msrp, at Carlisle in Rochester NY.

CollinsT
06-30-2004, 11:45 PM
I paid 1000 under MSRP, but it took me some time to do it. I threatened to go to Subaru if they didnt

EVO GRIM
07-01-2004, 06:56 AM
Empty threat right?

hksevo8
07-05-2004, 05:11 PM
South Coast Mitsubishi, Costa Mesa (socal)

MitsuMan
07-12-2004, 03:20 PM
34 out the door and that was fully added on snrf bg wng ectback in june 03 I couldn't wait any longer

Boostd4
07-13-2004, 08:44 PM
Paid $700 under MSRP at Serramonte.

Golfer
07-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Paid $1K below List at Capitol. Short negotiation and they agreed.

toasty
07-20-2004, 04:54 PM
I'm think about buying mine at the end of the year to get the price much cheaper, but what is the final price when you bought your EVOs, out of the door price. :huh:

I would very much like to know, because I plan to talk my way to a lower price out of the door.
I am thinking that I could pay 1k less of a MSRP out of the door. Is that possible? :computer:

EvolvedDSM
07-20-2004, 06:12 PM
I am thinking that I could pay 1k less of a MSRP out of the door. Is that possible? :computer:

Very...

I played that game over a year ago (yes, including taxes) :)

mattssilverevo
07-22-2004, 01:36 AM
I called up Hayward Mitsu and ran all my credit over the phone. No BS. I told them I wanted the evo for $30k out the door or I'd goto another dealer. They had all the paperwork prepared when I arrived. Signed my name a bunch when I arrived and left the dealer within 10 minutes of arriving. I was gone and happy with my new Apex silver evo in 10 minutes. Car had 5 miles on the clock. Smoothest car purchase I've ever made.

DRFTR8
07-22-2004, 08:41 AM
I got mine used....they had 2 at Stevens Creek 04 White and 03 Blue but the 03 had miles on it..so when i had them work the numbers on both cars they came up with 31 on the new car with leather...and 28 on the 03... so i told them ill take "a" car if they can take 2 more K off the price, and they wanted my business really bad cuz they didnt sell much that month so they gave me the used one for 26 out the door...the difference between both car was the year and leather..and i wasnt concerned about any of that...and i also like the blue, the mitsubishi white tends to turn yellow if you dont detail it constantly...

Absinthe
07-30-2004, 12:10 PM
543 under invoice at Santa Monica Mitsubishi...