PDA

View Full Version : Okay, here we go.... a big fat -1 for Gruppe-S

Rau
01-05-2007, 03:05 AM
as quoted from I-Club.com....

"-1 for Gruppe-S

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I'm not one to write these kind of threads but I'm a bit disturbed. I just had a clutch and flywheel installed at Gruppe-S today, I couldn't pass up the $749 installed deal for an ACT clutch and gruppe-s flywheel, but boy oh boy should I have not cheaped out.

I haven't bothered to whine to gruppe-s because there's not much they can do, and the bridge is already burned, they will never touch my car again. I may still use them when I need parts, but there is no freaking way in hell I'll be taking my car to have it worked on.

I come in to pick up my car and only had to wait 15min or so before I heard its beautiful tone from the bays. I open the front door and listen to my car drive away as I love the sound and as usual it sounded great. I hang around outside to hear it come back, and oh boy do I hear it, there's a metal to metal sound(almost like when brakes are down to the tattle tale) as its coming down the street. Of course my heart starts racing so I head back to the bay to inspect. Some pudgy white guy tells me I can't be back in the bay. WTF my car comes back making a noise and I can't ask what the problem is? Blow me. I asked the mechanic what the problem is and he instantly belts out "exhaust" without even having it up on the lift yet. ok, I think I buy it. Mike had problems with it rubbing on the drive shaft when it was installed, but after we put on the long kartboy hangars in the back it was fine. I go out to the front so I don't upset Mr "you can't be back here". The mechanic comes out front and wants to show me whats going on. I go in the back and he shows me some scraping marks on the drive shaft, and goes on to talk about the exhaust pushing on the driveshaft so hard it made the seal leak, and what he had to do to get it out of the way. I notice a pretty nasty dent in the side of my exhaust and the floorpan, I guess if it doesn't fit grab a freaking pry bar eh? Oddly enough though, the oil I see everywhere just looked like sloppy work not a leak. I go back out front and after a few minutes hear it start up and start moving but guess what the sound is still there. The motor shuts off and I hear what sounds like a hammer on the back of a plastic handled screwdriver, no it couldn't be, I go back out to see what is wrong, and what do I see but the mechanic with a hammer and a plastic handled screwdriver banging the dust shield out of the way on the front drivers wheel looking at me like a kid with his hand in the candy jar. Now the dust shield has a crease in it from being pushed out of the way by force. Whatever, I'm getting grumpier by the second and don't like to be confrontational, so I go wait back out front. I hear my car start up, then see it parked out front.

I pay and leave getting in my car noting a pretty nasty smell inside, but attributed it to being my stock clutch and FW in the back that were slipping like hell. I start it up and let the clutch out, of course I killed it. I started it back up and and remember it wasn't the stock clutch and let it out. HOLY chattering batman, ok no freaking way I want them touching it any more, lets get to the gas station to inspect if need be I'll tow it home. I've used an ACT HD, ACT 6 puck, and ACT 4 puck, so I'm aware of what a heavy clutch should feel like, but the chattering felt like a shotty flywheel not the clutch(or possibly a dirty flywheel). I stop at the gas station and check everything. Oil level looks fine, I go to reach for the tranny dipstick and notice my intercooler it has bent fins all over the place, great there's a socket extension on the IC, so it was bouncing around bending fins because someone didn't check their tools. I also note oil on the plastic windshield cowl. How did oil get here? The smell that I noted when I got in the car was SUPER strong under here and of course theres oil burning off from the DP, so much so that I can taste it right now and I haven't been in my car for over an hour.

Cliff notes. They bent my $500 exhaust that I bought from them because "it was rubbing" even though the sound that I heard was the dragging dust shield which I'll be checking to see how much a new one is from the dealer. They ruined an STi IC because the backyard mechanic couldn't remember to pick up his tools. The inside of my car freaking stinks because of burnt oil(If you think burnt motor oil stinks, you haven't smelled burning gear lube) and it is still burning off. My clutch chatters like hell, I'll give it a week it to see if it calms down(it could be dirty, which after the rest of the work I wouldn't put it past em) if not I'll call my credit card company and complain(Chase doesn't BS with customer satisfaction), and have GST do all of the work over again like I should have done to begin with. To top it off my steering wheel had oil on it as well.

I have spent thousands of dollars at this place, too much to have some shadetree mechanic screwing my car up. You guys just lost a customer, and the word of mouth I will give will surely sting a bit more than my paltry dollars."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153791&page=1&pp=30

BigEd925
01-05-2007, 03:09 AM
ouch!!! gruppe-s continues its way down the chute. GST FTW!

bricel24
01-05-2007, 03:49 AM
:shock: damn

Lurk
01-05-2007, 06:15 AM
:?

Matz
01-05-2007, 06:35 AM
I may get flamed here, but the truth is that any good shop makes mistakes from time to time. I'm not saying that it's acceptable, but the real sign is how they deal with the situation. If this guy isn't willing to go back and complain about it, that's his problem, but he's not giving the shop a chance to make things better.

In my experience, I had a problem with a cam installation at WORKS. They did everything they could to get it fixed, and now the car is great. I had a slightly flawed paint job done at EIP. I called only once, and didn't try to track down Paul to ask him about fixing it. That's my fault. I had a wheel shop fuck up my wheels and studs. The shop apologized, but didn't do anything to help me out. All I asked for was the opportunity to purchase another set of lug nuts at cost, and my request was completely ignored after two requests.

There are 4 places you can go to. 1) doesn't ever make mistakes, 2) makes mistakes but fixes them proactively, 3) makes mistakes but doesn't follow up, 4) makes mistakes but doesn't give a shit.

This customer needs to give Gruppe-S the opportunity to figure out which of the 4 it falls under.

TogueMonster
01-05-2007, 06:54 AM
Well, I'm still trying to figure out if the manifold they sent me is really a GT Spec exhaust manifold. Remember that thread? This doesn't make me feel any better about it.

9secMonster
01-05-2007, 07:17 AM
There are 4 places you can go to. 1) doesnt ever make mistakes, 2) makes mistakes but fixes them proactively, 3) makes mistakes but doesnt follow up, 4) makes mistakes but doesnt give a shit.

Out of those 4 choices, I think I will choose option #1 every time. Too bad lately it seems like that option doesnt exist around here. And some of the blunders have been pretty big..

Evo442
01-05-2007, 07:34 AM
Anyone remember their parents lamenting how hard it is to find a good mechanic? Funny how in life some things just dont seem to change.

bdking57
01-05-2007, 09:11 AM
I have had my own issues there.. and yes, the fact that they arent allowing people back near where the cars are being worked on is really a bad part about that place. The next shop I went to pretty much asked me to be right by the side as it was dynoed.. yet I couldnt stand near the dyno at gruppe-s?

dabaysevo
01-05-2007, 09:18 AM
I think not being allowed in the shop is for insurance purposes, just like at the dealers. Â*People can trip on a 3/8" socket and sue or something, I don't blame them especially in lawsuit happy Cali. Â*Being next to the dyno is not that big of a deal, it's the work area they should be concerned about.

Jay
01-05-2007, 09:20 AM
The reason most shops don't let people near there car is 1) insurance reasons. 2) Working on a car is just like making sausage, you don't want to really know what is going on there, as long as it tast good;)
Not really, but its mostly do to the nasty way 99% of Americans will sue at the drop of a hat for nothing.
Im not trying to support or pound Gruppe-s for they way they due busness, I don't care because I don't deal with that shop. I just know how things are from the other end of the work place.

twEeker
01-05-2007, 10:45 AM
I could understand the insurance part, but at the same time pretty much everybody here cares more about their care then the normal guy driving a 95 honda accord. Of course we want to know whats going on with our cars, especially if something is wrong with it after it got worked on. I got work done at gruppe s once, and when I got in my car my car wouldnt start, and the foglight panel was just hanging with cut zipties, wires and crap on the floor. This was just for a boost gauge and turbo timer install. If you go to a place like Works like I have to get my exhaust installed, I actually had to help the guy hold it up in place under the lift because everyone else that was there was too tied up at the moment, and I enjoyed it because they actually seemed to care, and didnt mind letting me get hands on with it as well. All I'm saying is let a guy check his shit while its in there, if there is something wrong keep the guy updated. Sure accidents happen, but it seems like there is alot of complaints comming from gruppe-s. I personally wouldnt go there again, but I bet someone has had good experiences. Working on a car and making sausages are 2 different things. I dont know about anyone else but I sure as hell would like to know what is going on to my car, the only reason why I wouldnt do something myself is because I dont want to mess it up so I take it to a shop. Some people take pride in what they do and strive for perfection, and some dont. Its starting to look like some of the employees at gruppe-s dont.

vtluu
01-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Out of those 4 choices, I think I will choose option #1 every time. Too bad lately it seems like that option doesnt exist around here.

It does exist, to an extent. The catch is, do you want to pay several times as much for it? Yeah, didn't think so.

Lurk
01-05-2007, 10:59 AM
^^^You will eventually end up paying one way or another in the end, whether it's paying with your time or money, or both. Especially if you have to pay someone else to fix the original shop's mistake.

I'd rather spend a little more or drive a little further and have a competant shop get the job done right the first time.

I've had awesome work done by LIC Motorsports. They have NOT ONCE screwed anything up on my cars. +1million for them.

Matz
01-05-2007, 12:14 PM
I usually pick option #5. DIY.

DRFTR8
01-05-2007, 03:43 PM
i Locked this thread with Gruppe-S's reply but then they came in and un-locked it and deleted it...that is a no no

LookingForPower
01-05-2007, 03:59 PM
i Locked this thread with Gruppe-S's reply but then they came in and un-locked it and deleted it...that is a no no

Meh... I think you shoulda left it... it shows what kind of business they are really running over there

someone screen shotted it over in the i-club thread so people can still go look at it I guess =\

UCB
01-05-2007, 04:03 PM
yeah...and now they are denying it was them, someone else wanted the cock munch

MarkSAE
01-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah, that comment was totally uncalled for and unprofessional.

UCB
01-05-2007, 04:04 PM
I wont lie, it made me chuckle :P

DRFTR8
01-05-2007, 04:07 PM
i didnt delete the reply, i locked it so that everyone can see how not to reply if your a vendor on this board...someone was venting about their work

UCB
01-05-2007, 04:12 PM
someone caught a screen shot on i-club 8)

DRFTR8
01-05-2007, 04:13 PM
ok, im going to lock this thread till further notice...we will wait to see what they say before this turns ugly

UCB
01-05-2007, 04:17 PM
IBTL :D

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b185/ucbsti/niiice.jpg

DRFTR8
01-05-2007, 04:20 PM
IBTL :D

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b185/ucbsti/niiice.jpg

ok guys, this is officially locked

JanSolo
01-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Gruppe-S did not post this comment.

Someone (perhaps an ex-Gruppe-S employee or someone who just hates them) logged in as Gruppe-S, made a post as them, changed their account email address and most likely their password. Again - this post was not made by Gruppe-S and I doubt any vendor with half a brain would come off and post up shit like that.

PANGES
01-06-2007, 03:16 AM
Gruppe-S did not post this comment.

Someone (perhaps an ex-Gruppe-S employee or someone who just hates them) logged in as Gruppe-S, made a post as them, changed their account email address and most likely their password. Again - this post was not made by Gruppe-S and I doubt any vendor with half a brain would come off and post up shit like that.

Yeah... I dont think anyone would really be dumb enough to post something like that especially when all eyes are on you. That's just business suicide.

oneillevo
01-06-2007, 03:49 AM
Whoever posted that must really want Groupee SS to hurt in business. Cuz with a response like that and it circulating around the net, they will loose alot of credability.

inYubaSha
01-07-2007, 12:43 PM
:P that is so damn entertaining. LOL true or not

lncrevoviii
01-09-2007, 06:16 PM
damn i club hates Gruppe-S. :shock: :lol: holy shit.

PANGES
01-09-2007, 06:37 PM
damn i club hates Gruppe-S. :shock: :lol: holy shit.

Well it seems like Gruppe-S now is'nt really the same Gruppe-S that everyone loved. Seems like everyone at gruppe-s that i-club loved left and went to Speed Element or GST Motorsports... so in a way, it seems as if Gruppe-S moved to other shops. lol.

ApexVIII
01-21-2007, 11:01 PM
my friend has a 06 STi and he bout motor mounts a month or more ago, and we spent like 8 hours trying to get them in and they just wound not line up. gruppe-s said there all the same from 04-06. well we put the stock one and they went on easy. so he called gruppe-s and they are going to install them for him. the funny thing is the appointment date they gave him was last Monday with was a holiday lol.

SpeedElement
01-22-2007, 08:37 PM
The STi engine mounts are the same for all model year Subaru WRX and STi and Forester (06 and 07 included).

ApexVIII
01-22-2007, 08:55 PM
The STi engine mounts are the same for all model year Subaru WRX and STi and Forester (06 and 07 included).

yea thats what they said. i dont know it was really od like there was over a inch that the bolts had to move to line up with the holes. so we siad screw it and threw the stockers on them and it went on fine. in a few days he goes back and they are going to install them