PDA

View Full Version : LICP dimensions

Limeyboy
01-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Can anyone help me out with me the dimensions of a LICP (aftermarket or stock) in terms of length? I.D needs to be 2.5", as far as I know, but its more the actual overall length im looking to find out.

Matz
01-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Can anyone help me out with me the dimensions of a LICP (aftermarket or stock) in terms of length? I.D needs to be 2.5", as far as I know, but its more the actual overall length im looking to find out.

Making your own?

Limeyboy
01-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Making your own?

Going to RnD a few different approaches. Im not sure at all on some of the aftermarket pipes that taper, let alone the stock one when I saw it.... that pipe is so restrictive. So far, the one that looks best to me would be the HPF LICP, but for what it is $140 is excessive.

Im sourcing several different materials to cover the job, then im going to RnD via my evo. When I have something which I think is on a par with, or surpasses, current aftermarket LICPs, then Im going to give one lucky NCE member the chance to get themselves a free LICP as guinea pig ;)

Matz
01-05-2007, 03:43 PM
I think that in the end, you'll end up spending more than $140. Unless you're going to actually mass produce your design and sell it to Evo owners, you might be better off spending the $140 on a Nisei LICP... but I'm still interested in seeing how things go!

Limeyboy
01-05-2007, 04:36 PM
I think that in the end, you'll end up spending more than $140. Unless you're going to actually mass produce your design and sell it to Evo owners, you might be better off spending the $140 on a Nisei LICP... but I'm still interested in seeing how things go!

Thats business Matz ;) Ill RnD some solutions, see what works best and what prices I can source the materials for. If the solution works real well and is cost effective, you will hear more :)

Matz
01-05-2007, 04:42 PM

Thats business Matz ;) Ill RnD some solutions, see what works best and what prices I can source the materials for. If the solution works real well and is cost effective, you will hear more :)

For prototypes, I could use some welding practice. Let me know if you need brackets welded on. ;)

nyne
01-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Just remove yours and measure damn Simon. If you aren't going to work at work at least work at slacking ;) ... lol

Limeyboy
01-05-2007, 05:34 PM
For prototypes, I could use some welding practice. Let me know if you need brackets welded on. ;)

Oh yeah - you Tig dont you? ;-) I never got past MIG and Stick back in 96... I will most certainly bear that in mind. Where r u located?

Just remove yours and measure damn Simon. If you aren't going to work at work at least work at slacking Wink ... lol

Ah yes, but that invloves the old removal of the bumper. I feel I had enough of taking evos apart after the HID fiasco with your car the other day;) speaking of which, lets go outside and check that fender out.

Matz
01-05-2007, 05:58 PM
That would be a real stretch to say that I TiG weld. ;) I've only 20 minutes of experience... hehe

Limeyboy
01-05-2007, 06:41 PM
That would be a real stretch to say that I TiG weld. ;) I've only 20 minutes of experience... hehe

Its a great start, and a whole 15 minutes ahead of me ;)