PDA

View Full Version : Evo meet/drive and Vishnu dyno day!

JanSolo
12-29-2003, 04:35 PM
Updates as of 01.01.04:

Here is some updated info pertaining to what Shiv is offering up, quoted verbatim:

1. Dyno Runs: 75$ per car for how many runs it takes to get repeatable results (with no tuning). This is usually 4-6 dyno pulls.
2. For custom XFlashes, we'll do $495 for custom Xflash mapping (usual price is $395+200 for tuning). Each car will take 1 hour and should result in 20-30whp gains depending on the level of associated mods.
3. For baseline (no dyno) XFlashes, we'll charge $295 for that day ($100 off).

Furthermore, Shiv would like to set aside 5 spots for custom Xflashes and 5 spots for baseline pulls.

There is no limit to baseline standard Xflashes that can be done that day.

If you are interested in a custom Xflash or a dyno run, again, please say so.

Custom tuned Xflashes:
1. OB4
2. dpardo
3. Mystery Man
4. leif
5. evo_dadi's friend

Dyno runs:
1. evo_dadi
2. evo_gurl
3. Gonzo314
4. Southern Crane
5. ericfcs.com

-----

Hey guys, I would like to organize an Evo meet/drive and possible dyno day on January 24th.

I've spoken to a fellow Evo owner who is very interested and some local WRX and 240sx guys who would be more than willing to go.

Here is the plan so far:

1. Meet up at Starbucks at McCarthy ranch in Milpitas. This is located on 237 and 880.
2. Drive up 237 up through Calaveras Road, through the resevoir area.
3. Meet up Vishnu Tuning (http://www.vishnutuning.com/) afterwards for discounted XFlashes to those who are interested along with dyno runs (don't know what the discount is exactly for either one of those yet).

I already have a few people saying they want to participate, so the more merrier. Obviously, I would not advise bringing along a friend who drives a car that cannot handle well, since we don't necessarily want someone who will slow down the pack.

Time: 11am is when we meet, depart at 11.30, lasts till whenever we are done. I figure we will be arrive Vishnu by about 1pm.

If you're interested, please say so.

Directions:

From the North Bay:
1. 680 South.
2. Take Mission Blvd. south/west.
3. Take 880 south.
4. Merge onto 237 going south/west.
5. Get off of 237 and go right onto McCarthy Blvd.
6. Take a right onto Ranch Drive.
7. Look for McDonalds and make a left into the parking lot.
8. Starbucks will be to your right.

From the South Bay:
1. 880 North.
2. Merge onto 237 going south/west.
3. Get off of 237 and go right onto McCarthy Blvd.
4. Take a right onto Ranch Drive.
5. Look for McDonalds and make a left into the parking lot.
6. Starbucks will be to your right.

From SF/Peninsula:
1. 101 South.
2. Merge onto 237 going north/east.
3. Take McCarthy ranch exit.
4. Take a left onto McCarthy Blvd.
5. Right onto Ranch Blvd.
5. Look for McDonalds and make a left into the parking lot.
6. Starbucks will be to your right.

http://www.jansolo.org/images/evo_meet/evo_drive_map_1.jpg

http://www.jansolo.org/images/evo_meet/starmux_map.jpg

leif
12-29-2003, 06:33 PM
calaveras is a bomb ass road, but its 2 way, one lane....i don't know how carried away you can get on it. when i drove on it i was paranoid cuz there's alota blind turns....

just my take...

JanSolo
12-29-2003, 06:48 PM
calaveras is a bomb ass road, but its 2 way, one lane....i don't know how carried away you can get on it. when i drove on it i was paranoid cuz there's alota blind turns....

just my take...

Last time I took it in my 300zx TT, I had trucks passing me up. I guess I am a shitty driver. It is an insane drive though. I think it could be a lot of fun, especially if we can get someone with a really pimped out Evo to lead the pack.

evo_dadi
12-29-2003, 08:49 PM
is leif scurrred ;) cmon man lets do this,u can stay behind me if you want.hey jan try bringing david and shiv on this meet let's see who's gonna have a fit first.

JanSolo
12-29-2003, 10:41 PM
is leif scurrred ;) cmon man lets do this,u can stay behind me if you want.hey jan try bringing david and shiv on this meet let's see who's gonna have a fit first.

I'm trying. I don't think either one is gonna be down with it, but nothing wrong with at least making the attempt. The other option is Felter drive, which is a little more civil than Calaveras since it has 2 lanes and basically is a big loop. It is just as fun, but it doesn't put us in a strategic place when the end of the road hits. Calaveras puts us right on 680 when all is said and done.

chris
12-29-2003, 11:27 PM
i think it's vietnamese/chinese new years that day for us... means money! hahaha. but let me know what time that day to see what i have in my schedule.

DB8GSR
12-30-2003, 12:38 AM
I'm in on this one!

:D

blitzkrgCT9A
12-30-2003, 02:57 AM
I am down for a drive too.

jstockdale
12-30-2003, 03:34 AM
I'm confused ... I don't see the "Hell Yes" option.

I guess "Yes" will be ok.

-S ...

vtluu
12-30-2003, 07:21 AM
No mods yet so I'm not all that interested in dyno'ing my Evo. Still, this is about 5 minutes from my place so I don't have any excuse not to go. :)

JanSolo
12-30-2003, 10:29 AM
[mr.burns]Excellent..[/mrburns].

I just got a response from Shiv. This *is* good news.

He said he is cool with the dyno day if we are interested. Furthermore, he will offer up discounts on Xflashes if anyone is interested.

I will get more info from him regarding time and hopefully just what the discount entails.

That is all.

badbad
12-30-2003, 10:38 AM
This looks like fun. I'm totally stock, tho, so I'll pass on the dyno also. See y'all out there.

-Patty

JanSolo
12-30-2003, 10:51 AM
Well the Xflash might help out with that stock Evo situation. :) Plus you could dyno it afterwards to see what kind of positive results it delivers to your Evo.

No worries though - it is gonna be fun either way.

By the way, I am keeping the list posted on EvoM.net. So, if you want to see who is going, check out my post there.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=648788

ob4
12-30-2003, 11:51 AM
count me in for the drive. but not for the dyno, i already have an appt w/ shiv in Jan... :D

JanSolo
12-30-2003, 12:05 PM
count me in for the drive. but not for the dyno, i already have an appt w/ shiv in Jan... :D

If you plan on getting an Xflash, this might be the perfect time since he is apparently discounting it.

Hmm.. I wonder how many people would be interested in getting an Xflash? Maybe I could ask him for a group buy discount? Anyone interested in that?

leif
12-30-2003, 12:14 PM
jan, it might be better to meet at vishnu first, then jump onto 580 then down 680 and hit calaveras the opposite way. other wise it's alot of back tracking for people such as those in the southbay.

JanSolo
12-30-2003, 01:01 PM
jan, it might be better to meet at vishnu first, then jump onto 580 then down 680 and hit calaveras the opposite way. other wise it's alot of back tracking for people such as those in the southbay.

I think either way, it would be back tracking. But, I can put it to a vote if anyone else agrees with Leif.

leif
12-30-2003, 05:06 PM
oh wait nm im stupid, i was thinking you wanted to dyno first then go down to 237/calaveras....duhhhh..don't mind me.

evo_dadi
12-30-2003, 09:28 PM
group buy sounds good :) lets keep this rolling everybody,were starting to have a very appealing meet brewing up and with a dynoday from shiv if it gets locked and shown that a lot of people are interested on it.

JanSolo
12-30-2003, 11:02 PM
group buy sounds good :) lets keep this rolling everybody,were starting to have a very appealing meet brewing up and with a dynoday from shiv if it gets locked and shown that a lot of people are interested on it.

So the thing with Shiv appears to be pretty concrete. Now, I just need to get details from him on what the discount is exactly and how much he is going to charge for dyno runs.

I know of at least 1 person who is going that day who is planning to get an Xede and Xflash at the same time. If anyone else is interested in an Xlash, please let me know so I can ask Shiv for the old group discount. :)

Oh, I spoke with David from Works and I am hoping that the Works guys show up with their car. They have a kick ass Evo and are really good drivers. Trying to keep up with them would be a challenge. :)

vtluu
12-30-2003, 11:28 PM
Heh well I hope you won't mind if I, um, bring up the rear--i.e. drive behind everybody else so they won't notice how damned slow I'm going, or at least so I don't hold up anybody else. :lol:

Having already 1 accident + 1 towing mishap ( = 2 insurance claims ) and warranty service pending on my synchro (since getting the car in October), I think I can be forgiven for trying to be extra careful to keep my Evo out of the repair shop for just a little while, for a change. :P

jstockdale
12-31-2003, 03:44 AM
I'll try to convince David to get the Works guys to come along as well.

And for the record, I'll probably be there with my car which will have quite a few of the Works goodies:
100.910 Brain Flash 91 Octane
101.002 Brain Flash P2 Upgrade
125.201 Vent Dual Valve
130.100 Aperture Throttle Body
136.301 WORKS Power Cams
140.200 Exhale DP
140.400 Exhale IP
140.500 Exhale AB

165.102 Clutch Kit C2
165.103 Spin Flywheel
165.500 Clutch Line Stainless

230.300 Swaybar Set
260.500 Croxx Plate

280.101 Front Brakes Pads
280.102 Rear Brakes Pads
280.400 Brake Lines Stainless

mmm ... yummy.

-S ...

DB8GSR
12-31-2003, 08:24 AM
No dyno for me! Have the flash already and I don't think I wanna let shiv waste another 1/2 a tank of gas on my Evo. :twisted: :P

JanSolo
12-31-2003, 11:47 AM

And for the record, I'll probably be there with my car which will have quite a few of the Works goodies:

[HUGE LIST OF WORKS PARTS]

mmm ... yummy.

-S ...

So you're the guy who is helping the economy recover!

Maybe you can give us a brief product review. ;)

How is their BOV? I like the idea of a vta and recirc BOV and I am considering buying theirs. Does it sound good? Any problems with stalling at all?

I was going to go with their brake pads, but found the Carbotechs which a friend is running for about half the price of the Works pads.

Did you notice a difference after adding the Works rear sway bar?

I hope you don't mind answering any of these questions. :)

ob4
12-31-2003, 12:49 PM
Hi JanSolo,

What kind of group buy discount is shiv giving?

thanks,
terry

JanSolo
12-31-2003, 01:47 PM
Hi JanSolo,

What kind of group buy discount is shiv giving?

thanks,
terry

I don't know yet since he hasn't responded with details. Hopefully, he will give me an answer in the next day or two. I am trying to hammer out all the details so we know exactly what to expect before we get there. I am working on prices for dynoruns and prices for Xflashes. So if Shiv's typing fingers are up to the task, he should hopefully send me the info in the very near future.

ob4
12-31-2003, 02:45 PM
Hi JanSolo,

Thanks for the update.

-Terry

thomas
12-31-2003, 09:57 PM
not sure if i have the day off, but if i do, ill be there. ive been wanting to get that xflash, discount even better!

keep up informed, thx!

jstockdale
01-01-2004, 12:19 AM

[HUGE LIST OF WORKS PARTS]

mmm ... yummy.

-S ...

So you're the guy who is helping the economy recover!

Maybe you can give us a brief product review. ;)

How is their BOV? I like the idea of a vta and recirc BOV and I am considering buying theirs. Does it sound good? Any problems with stalling at all?

I was going to go with their brake pads, but found the Carbotechs which a friend is running for about half the price of the Works pads.

Did you notice a difference after adding the Works rear sway bar?

I hope you don't mind answering any of these questions. :)

Yeah, I thought I'd do my part for the economy ... and wanted something that would handle better, and clear up the Engine/Exhaust for a drop in turbo down the line.

I'll post a review of everything once I get to drive the car. It's getting all the parts _right_ now (Exhale, Throttle Body, and Cams are in ... everything else in the next couple days) and I get the car back on Jan 5th when I get back into the country (home from school for a few weeks).

I'm told that there will be _no_ problem with the BOV (it's variable from full VTA to full recirc ... and comes set to a good comprimise) but if I get any problems with it or just get annoyed at it I can just twist it down to full recirc.

Can't wait til I get to try it out :)

-S ...

JanSolo
01-01-2004, 09:19 PM
I've updated the start of the thread with some info I got from Shiv today. If you are feeling too lazy to look at the first thread, no worries - I am going to post it all right here as well.

----

Updates as of 01.01.04:

Here is some updated info pertaining to what Shiv is offering up, quoted verbatim:

1. Dyno Runs: 75$ per car for how many runs it takes to get repeatable results (with no tuning). This is usually 4-6 dyno pulls.
2. For custom XFlashes, we'll do $495 for custom Xflash mapping (usual price is $395+200 for tuning). Each car will take 1 hour and should result in 20-30whp gains depending on the level of associated mods.

Furthermore, Shiv would like to set aside 5 spots for custom Xflashes and 5 spots for baseline pulls.

Custom tuned Xflashes:

Dyno runs:
1.evo_dadi

xchoirboy
01-02-2004, 07:12 AM
sign me up for the basic XFlash.

JanSolo
01-02-2004, 11:43 AM
sign me up for the basic XFlash.

As in basic Xflash but no dyno run?

DavidV
01-02-2004, 12:20 PM
WORKS will be there -- for the drive portion only.

We will also offer on-site reflashes and P2 installs for anyone who is interested.

If anyone would like for us to bring other WORKS goodies, please let us know. I'll make sure to have at least a few Grab shift knobs and Hold battery tie-downs on hand, but will not bring Exhales, Croxx Plates or any of the larger items unless I know ahead of time that someone would be interested in having us bring them.

See you on the 24th!

-- DavidV :D

ob4
01-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Hi JanSolo,

Great job for getting us such a good price... sign me up for the custom xflash tune.

Thanks,
Terry

howiEVO8
01-02-2004, 01:14 PM
sounds good, 11:30am eh? can somebody remind me to set my alarm clock o.O

jstockdale
01-02-2004, 08:52 PM
Mmmm ... this should be fun :)

-S ...

JanSolo
01-02-2004, 08:56 PM
Mmmm ... this should be fun :)

-S ...

I completely agree. The Works guys can drive. I think it would be more fun if Dave from Works brought his MR2 to the drive..

evo_dadi
01-03-2004, 01:26 PM
Updates as of 01.03.04:

Custom tuned Xflashes:
1.ob4

Dyno runs:
1.evo_dadi
2.evo_gurl

ob4
01-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Hi evo_dadi,

Please sign me up for custom xflash tuning.

Thanks,
Terry

JanSolo
01-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Hi evo_dadi,

Please sign me up for custom xflash tuning.

Thanks,
Terry

Hi Terry, if you look at the first post in the thread, you will see your name listed there already.

ob4
01-04-2004, 12:49 PM
just wanted to be sure that I don't miss out on the good deal. :lol:

-Terry

howiEVO8
01-04-2004, 12:53 PM
does Xflash = Xede? or nay?

vtluu
01-04-2004, 12:56 PM
Depends what you mean by "=". XFlash is cheaper and better in that it directly changes the ECU, rather than intercepting/modifying signals like the Xede (which is a piggyback unit). But Xede allows you more flexibility because you can change maps and other parameters without reflashing--for better or worse.

howiEVO8
01-04-2004, 01:03 PM
k nvm someone just answered my question hehe

GokuSSJ4
01-05-2004, 10:03 AM
wow !! you guys are lucky to have Vinshu and Works local , damn !! it would be great to live up north . That + all the tracks , what more do you guys want ...

coolguy949
01-05-2004, 12:41 PM
Jan,

Great job setting this up for NorCalEvo. I've been so busy lately just with everything I havent had time to setup anything with Vishnu for you guys. Nice going!

chris
01-05-2004, 11:45 PM
it's great living up north.

JanSolo
01-05-2004, 11:54 PM
It wasn't *that* tough to get it all setup. I spent a few hours the other day and made some maps and notes for everyone. I wish the 24th would get here faster damnit. :)

howiEVO8
01-06-2004, 12:03 AM
maybe i can help sending some traffic to this site to get it more popular hehe...ill post it up on my company website soon :)

DB8GSR
01-06-2004, 05:31 PM
Do we really have 12 cars attending so far!! :shock: That's amazing. 8)

vtluu
01-06-2004, 05:47 PM
Minus Jan's--11.

JanSolo
01-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Minus Jan's--11.

You never know - I might have a new one by then OR my old one by then (yeah right). :)

Oh Shiv might be there, and I am not sure if David from Works voted yes on that voting topic, because they are going to be there for sure.

evo_dadi
01-06-2004, 07:09 PM
didnt david said he's just going for the drive part? but id rather see him also on the dyno run like what shiv did on works dyno day.

vtluu
01-06-2004, 07:21 PM
You never know - I might have a new one by then OR my old one by then (yeah right). :)

Well, at least I'll be able to keep up with you in your rental. :P

howiEVO8
01-06-2004, 07:39 PM
there's like 3 evo's and one sti near milpitas square (asian side) not mc carthy ranch...and then there's 2 next to it in the other plaza ...and like 3 or 4 at qcup...hehe anyone from here own any of those?

JanSolo
01-06-2004, 07:44 PM
didnt david said he's just going for the drive part? but id rather see him also on the dyno run like what shiv did on works dyno day.

David said they would be there for the drive, but I am not sure if he voted on the voting topic.

Don't forget to bring your digital camera that day. We gotta take pics for the web site. :)

DavidV
01-07-2004, 12:30 PM
We can offer a 10% discount on the WORKS Brain Flash, plus free demo drives in your own car with the basic Brain Flash. The demo is a fun option for everyone because it allows you to try out the Brain Flash on the road and then decide whether to keep it, go back to stock, or upgrade to the P2 without any committment.

-- DavidV :D

chris
01-07-2004, 04:54 PM
ima show up to see you guys and when you leave ima head home lol.

vtluu
01-07-2004, 05:24 PM
Chris, if you want we can form up the "slow Evo" convoy. :D I would hate to wreck my Evo the week before auto-x season starts. Come to think of it, I would hate to wreck my Evo, period. :lol: So I'm gonna hang back and take it nice and easy.

JanSolo
01-07-2004, 05:47 PM
I'll be back there as well since I am a little traumatized after the accident.

Option2
01-07-2004, 05:50 PM
Chris, if you want we can form up the "slow Evo" convoy. :D I would hate to wreck my Evo the week before auto-x season starts. Come to think of it, I would hate to wreck my Evo, period. :lol: So I'm gonna hang back and take it nice and easy.

I just might join you guys for the drive then. I thought I was the only one that wanted to "take it easy" on the drive. I had originally planned to just meet you guys at the meeting point and then at Vishnu.

vtluu
01-07-2004, 06:10 PM
Glad to hear it.

Let me be the first to say I'm nowhere near as skilled a driver as many other Evo owners, and furthermore (or regardless) I feel I've got nothing to prove by trying to keep up with them, hurtling down a canyon road--one I've never even driven before--at speeds I'm not comfortable with.

I prefer to get my speed fix in a more safe (or at least controlled) environment--autocross and track events.

To summarize: there's no shame in playing it safe. 8)

evo_dadi
01-07-2004, 06:40 PM
fine then ill take the lead ;)

jstockdale
01-07-2004, 11:22 PM
I'll be as far in the front as possible on ContiExtremeContact's ... silly notion that I shouldn't drive to Tahoe this winter on Advans made me switch them out for the next 8 weeks or so.

-S ...

chris
01-08-2004, 08:07 AM
its not that. it's chinese/vietnamese new years i wanna head back home to get some money ya know haha =X

ob4
01-08-2004, 01:53 PM
save the last spot for me... i will also be going slow... but hopefully I will not get too much of a high from all the exhaust gas... :lol:

howiEVO8
01-08-2004, 02:07 PM
chinese new years...yay...i dont get jack didley squat....= (

rodw
01-08-2004, 05:27 PM
Same here...not gonna be getting shit :(

howiEVO8
01-08-2004, 05:45 PM
hey lets start a norcal evo club called WDGS4CNY...lolz

chris
01-08-2004, 10:19 PM
well i hope i get something haha... i get lesser every year =(

howiEVO8
01-08-2004, 10:27 PM
WDGS4CNY = We Didn't Get Sh*t 4 Chinese New Years

vtluu
01-08-2004, 11:32 PM
It's disturbing that I figured that out on my own. I think I been hanging with you wayyyyyy too much! :lol:

howiEVO8
01-09-2004, 12:47 AM
It's disturbing that I figured that out on my own. I think I been hanging with wayyyyyy too much! :lol:

lolz...oh c'mon tam, it wasn't that hard to get! = p

evo_dadi
01-10-2004, 10:50 PM
ok guys let's go back to the main topic here as far as the vishnu part,who else would like to dyno their evo and who wants the xflash?nad how many people are going for the drive part also so we could get a count on how many's getting pulled over ;) j/k maybe tam can hook up his cam for the drive then we can post it also here.

vtluu
01-11-2004, 12:25 AM
Yup, I'll bring a couple digital cameras as well as the camcorder mounted in the car. I may also have a dashboard-mounted forward-looking camera installed, depending how long the order takes to get here...

howiEVO8
01-11-2004, 12:30 AM
man i am so tempted to get the xflash but that's so much bank rite now for me = (

JanSolo
01-11-2004, 12:35 AM
I want to get it as well since my new Evo doesn't have a reflash of any kind. :( I wish he would give me a discount, but don't think it is going to happen.

leif
01-11-2004, 12:40 AM
ill be driving for sure, not sure about flashing or dynoing just yet. i mite get the xede but i don't know if they have any in stock.

JanSolo
01-11-2004, 12:50 AM
I read over on EvoM that the guys there thought that the Xflash provided more power than the Xede and for cheaper. Both cars were stock, but the Xflash was more powerful on the old butt dyno.

chris
01-12-2004, 08:39 AM
when is the 24th coming lol =X

evo_dadi
01-12-2004, 09:44 AM
ok guys just to make the meet more fun im gonna invite some srt guys on the drive.

chris
01-12-2004, 10:17 AM
go get some STi's there.. then it be a super car meet lol

uhoh_evo
01-13-2004, 04:45 PM
a, w/ the help of jansolo, and mah cousin sayin he gettin a '04 S2000, imma proly be hittin up dat meet and dyno thing. but i was wondering, how long would it take to get vishnu's ECU flash. if we meet at the place around 1, i have about 1.5 hrs to get things done before i gotsta go. so if there are any objections, i would please like to go first. and das w/ the $100 off special, right.

uhoh_evo
01-13-2004, 05:00 PM
a, i just thought of something....would it be a problem if i jest went to the vishnu thing early? i don't think i can squeeze in the time to meet, drive then flash. could i still get the $295 if im da only one there at the moment.

JanSolo
01-13-2004, 05:13 PM
I will put you on the list on EvoM. And if you want to just show up at Vishnu at noon, that would probably be fine. Shiv has not told me how long it takes flash, dyno and tune each car, but I suspect about an hour each, though I could be way off in either direction.

EDIT - Actually Shiv specifically said an hour. Oops.

howiEVO8
01-13-2004, 06:05 PM
speaking of vishnu, there's a Vishnu sponsored blue wrx that comes to coffee lovers every day (the coffee place right below my place)

chris
01-14-2004, 12:43 AM
thats how you can get some sort of hook ups from vishnu right howie? lol

howiEVO8
01-14-2004, 12:50 AM
thats how you can get some sort of hook ups from vishnu right howie? lol

bingo! hehe but i can't announce publicly how much off = X

XIII
01-15-2004, 09:42 PM
I'll be rollin' with u.

JanSolo
01-15-2004, 10:02 PM
I'll be rollin' with u.

I added you to the Master List on EvoM. Thanks for letting me know.

chris
01-15-2004, 11:35 PM
hey jan. i talked to marcel, and howie about this already. you wanna meet up at coffee lovers around 10-10:15 and leave at 10:30 off to mc-carthy ranch? if you do meet us there, theres going to be me,marcel,howie and 3-4 other evo's hopefully =)

JanSolo
01-15-2004, 11:37 PM
Sounds good to me.

Is anyone bringing a video camera to this event?

chris
01-15-2004, 11:41 PM
forreal they should tape the 6-8 of us going to mc-carthy haha... ill hit you up on friday night to remind you about sat to meet up with us =D you wanna lead? lol lets go color cordinated. darkest to lighest =X

chris
01-15-2004, 11:42 PM
thats means you(black),me(black), friend's evo(black), friend's evo(blue), howie(silver), marcel(white), friend's evo(white)

JanSolo
01-16-2004, 01:01 AM
Okay, but I will have to drive "mellow" since the wife is coming along with me. She does not like me driving like I'm on the track ever since the accident.

chris
01-16-2004, 02:21 AM
well marcel thought you were gonna drive crazy thats why we thought we would have to speed. but i don't mind saving gas ya know lol. gotta go slow to show the crowd we are a beast!

vtluu
01-16-2004, 03:34 AM
Okay, but I will have to drive "mellow" since the wife is coming along with me. She does not like me driving like I'm on the track ever since the accident.
You can join me in the "slowpoke caravan" :lol:. I'm well aware of what's at stake for you... :wink:

leif
01-16-2004, 03:45 AM
im swooping on that last xflash spot...

howiEVO8
01-16-2004, 03:53 AM
okay after the 24th meet, i'd like to have a another mini meet...however, possibly have dinner at apple bees @ mc carthy ranch or something :) well we'll figure something out hehe

but you guys think that's a good idea?

chris
01-16-2004, 08:29 AM
that prolly be monday night meets =D

JanSolo
01-16-2004, 10:24 AM
im swooping on that last xflash spot...

Okay, then I will put you on The List.

BTW, I talked to Brett@Vishnu yesterday and he said there is a 100$ discount of people want to get Xede/Xflash combo. Just an FYI.

vtluu
01-17-2004, 03:39 PM
Just drove Calaveras for the first time today (in my rental Lancer ES :roll:). Got stuck behind 3 dudes riding hogs but eventually managed to pass them. Road was clear of debris and traction was good (crappy tires notwithstanding), traffic was light, weather was almost perfect.

Had such a blast that after I got off 680 on to Calaveras to head back home via 237, I u-turned and did it again! This time with nobody holding me up I rode along on/near the edge of traction (not very hard to find in with this car/tires). No scary moments, overall a nice smooth ride that left me grinning. Can't wait to do it in my Evo!

In hindsight I should have probably added more pressure to the tires, as they're showing wear marks halfway up the sidewalls. :shock:

Next weekend (assuming I have the Evo back) I'll be taking it easier--hoping to keep the car out of the repair shop for a good long while! :lol: But with this rental, well I'm paying an extra $9/day for loss/damage waiver so I have no hesitation driving the snot out of it. :twisted:

howiEVO8
01-17-2004, 04:48 PM
you should make those bastards at the dealer pay for it!

DB8GSR
01-18-2004, 09:44 AM
Next weekend (assuming I have the Evo back) I'll be taking it easier--hoping to keep the car out of the repair shop for a good long while! :lol:

Is your car at the shop getting your tranny grind fix? How long has it been? My dealership only took them 7hrs. total on an overnight drop off. It was hassle free with all the mods that were on the car. My rental car was free as well. :wink:

uhoh_evo
01-18-2004, 12:58 PM
[/quote]
Is your car at the shop getting your tranny grind fix? How long has it been? My dealership only took them 7hrs. total on an overnight drop off. [/quote]

what dealership do you go to? modesto took 10hrs. to dismantle my tranny and replace my clutch. they said the way my clutch was my tranny might be cracked. $1000 just for labor :cry:

vtluu
01-18-2004, 01:45 PM
Is your car at the shop getting your tranny grind fix? How long has it been? My dealership only took them 7hrs. total on an overnight drop off. It was hassle free with all the mods that were on the car. My rental car was free as well. :wink:
Yeah, tranny grind (synchro) problem. Which dealership was this? These idiots in Hayward just can't seem to get it together. :x

what dealership do you go to? modesto took 10hrs. to dismantle my tranny and replace my clutch. they said the way my clutch was my tranny might be cracked. $1000 just for labor :cry:
Not under warranty?

uhoh_evo
01-18-2004, 02:13 PM
nope, wear and tear, but they did say i had the worst lookin clutch mitsubishi corporate has seen :D . i was at ~2700 miles and they said i was second to some one who burned their clutch at like 700 miles? go figure

vtluu
01-18-2004, 02:17 PM
Lotta dragging? Or just stoplight launches?

Admittedly I've let out the smoke from my clutch a few times, too. I've already priced a new aftermarket clutch (around $300) and I think I've found friends who can help me drop the tranny and change it myself. (One of them single-handedly dropped the tranny and changed the clutch on his E36 M3.)

EvoVIII
01-18-2004, 10:02 PM
hmm I am here, I would like to go to this events, but do you guys know what time is it going to end? :?:

evo_dadi
01-18-2004, 10:04 PM
it all depends on how long you want to stay because some of the guys are getting tuned and it will take about an hour to each car.

EvoVIII
01-18-2004, 10:11 PM
so wuts the plan after tuning?

JanSolo
01-18-2004, 10:12 PM
The drive will only take an hour or so at the most - so as long no one crashes.

Speaking of which..

I wanted to address something about the drive before we actually went on it.

Calaveras has a few blind turns and some very sharp turns as well. There are spots that lack an adequate guard railing, so if you do go on the drive, make sure to drive SMART. Do not drive fast, do not drive over your ability nor over the ability of someone in front of you. We don't want accidents and we certainly do not want anyone to hurt their car, someone else, or themselves. Basically, don't drive fast! Have a good time taking the twisties and the sharp turns, but by no means - DO NOT SPEED. Seriously, these drop offs can be very high and the chance for fatility can be high, but can obviously be avoided as long as you drive smart.

And if you didn't read this, no worries - I am going to reiterate it again on the day of the drive. We all want this to go smoothly and want to make sure that everyone has a good time. If you think you are going to drive fast and try to drift around turns, do me a favor and just skip the drive and go to Vishnu Tuning instead.

Ahhh.. I feel much better.

After the tune, you can go home. :) We really didn't have anything planned for afterwards.

evo_dadi
01-18-2004, 10:17 PM
hey jan a bunch of srt's are meetin on oakridge mall later on that night, you guys wanna swing it or we could hit up dave&busters or santana row to kick it and maybe some dinner.

JanSolo
01-18-2004, 10:28 PM
Sure, whatever is clever. The dynoday will probably get boring pretty quickly. Watching a car sit in one place while someone pumps the throttle is not exactly my idea of fun.

Speaking of which, we need to talk about the next event. I had some ideas and I wanted to throw them you're way. I want to make this one bigger and get more tuners involved and possibly make it more.. interesting. I will send you a PM with some ideas ASAP.

EvoVIII
01-18-2004, 10:32 PM
ok, sounds dangerous, i think i am gonna stay in the middle of the crew

evo_dadi
01-18-2004, 10:53 PM
kool, imma talk to the srt guys so in case we show up they dont consider us hostile ;)

sure jan let's start planning the next one and make it bigger.maybe we could get some input from the guys also on the 24th.

JanSolo
01-18-2004, 11:31 PM
ok, sounds dangerous, i think i am gonna stay in the middle of the crew

I just drove Calaveras with a few friends tonight and we had no problems. The only time a drive like this would be dangerous is if someone decided they wanted to race, show off or be foolish. Don't do any of the above and things will be fine and everyone will enjoy themselves.

vtluu
01-19-2004, 01:02 AM
Speaking of which..

I wanted to address something about the drive before we actually went on it.

[snip]

Ahhh.. I feel much better.
Well said, Jan. I feel much better too. Now time for my lecture:

A particular picture comes to mind: a guy I met at last auto-x. I asked him about the scrapes on the back bumper of his red Evo. He said he got them bouncing off a guardrail on a canyon run. :shock:

The guy DNF'ed all three of his runs at auto-x. Basically he couldn't manage to stay on course. Which makes me think... when you go off course on an auto-x run, you might get a rubber cone mark on your car that washes off easily... and maybe just a bit embarrassed (but not really; it happens to everybody).

When you go off course on a canyon run, there's a good chance you will die.

I know we all like to drive hard and push the edge--I mean that's why we own Evos right?--but if you're gonna go all out, do it in a safe--or at least controlled--environment such as an auto-x or track event. (And for heaven's sake if you can't stay on course in auto-x, don't even think about doing canyon runs!)

If you don't feel safe, confident and comfortable with how fast you're going, slow down. It doesn't matter if other people think you're going slow, or even if you think you're going slow. What matters is that you stay safe, keep your car--and yourself--in one piece. Feeling your car handling nicely through curves and corners is fun. Driving on the edge of your seat, fearing for your life is not. Once again I'll say: there's no shame in playing safe.

Let's have a fun, safe drive and keep our Evos unblemished for the photo shoot, 'kay? :)

Now I really feel better.

chris
01-19-2004, 01:01 PM
oh my... a bunch of evos shows up at SRT's. thats gonna be skurry lol =X

uhoh_evo
01-20-2004, 01:14 AM
if anyone was interested in a custom xflash they're in luck. due to my infamous procrastination, i can only sell back books at 10% not 50%. this accounting for some of my money. i figure it be a better idea for me to have a positive balance in my accounts as opposed to being faster and in debt. so jansolo, if you could do me a favor and take me off the list. thanks

JanSolo
01-20-2004, 09:47 AM
so jansolo, if you could do me a favor and take me off the list. thanks

Your wish is my command.

JanSolo
01-20-2004, 11:15 AM
I just got done conversing with Shiv (well a PM) and he said that if your car is stock, it should not be a problem getting your car tuned and flashed in less than an hour. He didn't give me a time estimate, unfortunately. But what this means is that more than 5 cars and be Xflashed/tuned on that day.

I feel like a dirty salesman right now. Just an FYI.

Anyhow, if you are interested in a discounted Xflash, now is the perfect time.

vtluu
01-20-2004, 11:36 AM
I feel like a dirty salesman right now. Just an FYI.
Is there any other kind? :lol:

vtluu
01-20-2004, 12:07 PM
I'm gonna make maps for the navigationally and directionally clueless like myself. Can someone confirm this is indeed the location of Vishnu Performance Systems?

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=GXx0AOp_0TqSwajYRwTbKhUwh7DLCYDfWWS t159EOsgv&csz=Pleasanton%2C+CA&country=us

JanSolo
01-20-2004, 12:43 PM
It has already been done, Tam. I have maps ready for the entire trip. ;) I just need to print them out and give them to people at the dyno day. The map will encompass the starting point, the drive itself and the final destination. I also have a second print out with some things to note.

I'm trying to make sure we have all the bases covered for this drive.

Anyhow, here is a map I used for the first Vishnu DD.

Please note - all the dyno run slots are now full.

http://www.jansolo.org/images/vishnu.jpg

http://www.jansolo.org/images/vishnu2.jpg

warpspeed
01-20-2004, 08:29 PM
Say this meet sounds great. But time wise I am very limited. Do you think Shiv will still give me a Xflash discount if I go there early and then just hang around and meet the members for a little bit?

JanSolo
01-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Best thing to do is hop on EvoM and send him a PM. He may actually show up for the drive itself, so who knows if he can do an Xflash till he gets there post drive?

evo_dadi
01-20-2004, 10:04 PM
oh crap! if shiv does shows up with the st.2 evo and works evo there also,this is gonna be insane!! for sure those two guys can go ahead and we'll all be left behind.
btw hey jan i told my buddy that he's on the list now and we'll talk about the plan on the meet.

evo_dadi
01-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Custom tuned Xflashes:
1. OB4
2. dpardo
3. Mystery Man
4. leif
5. evo_dadi's friend

Dyno runs:
1. evo_dadi
2. Gonzo314
3. Southern Crane
4. ericfcs.com
-----
list updated for the dyno part of the meet. 1 spot open for dyno run guys ,sign up while its still open.

chris
01-22-2004, 02:24 AM
this is going to be exciting. 2 more days

JanSolo
01-22-2004, 08:46 AM
One more thing - can we get all the Evo guys to park in one area and all in the same direction? That will make taking pictures for the board really easy. We don't have to be color coordinated, of course - but parking together would help a lot.

chris
01-22-2004, 09:16 AM
i might ferget which one is my car. this meet sounds so big lol. but yeah that be great if everybody can face one way. but hey jan you still meeting up at coffee lovers with us? or you going to head over there first?

JanSolo
01-22-2004, 09:24 AM
I will meet up at Coffee Lovers with you guys first. We need to get our mini caravan going.

chris
01-22-2004, 11:12 AM
you know thats right. everybody is gonna be skurred of us haha

jomama
01-22-2004, 11:45 AM
hope to see you guys saturday for the drive

GokuSSJ4
01-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Is shiv giving a discount on the Xede /Xflash combo ??????

GokuSSJ4
01-22-2004, 12:20 PM
tuning would be a must im sure , is it an additional 200.00 which i have read before . Since the car all it has is a turbo back, but i do plan to run 264/272 in the future , i wonder if its worth the wait and just the Xede and then went cams are in then get the xflash and custom tune the xede with the stage 1+ program ...

JanSolo
01-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Shiv said 100$ off the Xede/Xflash combo.

GokuSSJ4
01-22-2004, 01:00 PM
what about if it needs a custom tune , which i would do later on went i have the cams install , also they are usually not open on saturdays , so im sure that this is an exeption to it ???
an since i have miss the info how much would be ti dyno ?? i wouldnt mine coming from so cal to have them install the Xede /Xflash combo ..
so it would be practically 895.00 for everything then ...

howiEVO8
01-22-2004, 01:16 PM
yo...goku...if you came up from socal to the meet that would be awesome...and if you need tinting done to your car or an alarm or system or whatever while ur up here i'll get you a phat discount :)

wilson1
01-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Hey howiEVO,

Do you do Clifford 2way pager alarm?

wilson1
01-22-2004, 04:49 PM
GokuSSJ4,

If you want the XEDE anyway, now is a good time to get it.
Definitely go with the XEDE/Xflash if you plan on doing more modding, and more control over boost exceeding 1.4 bars [stage2, etc]. If you are upgrading to the stage 1+ in the future, then you may want to wait for the dynotuning, however , it it's a way out, then Shiv said it always should be good for more hp with dynotuning and don't mind spending the extra 200 bucks.
You can always sell the XEDE if you don't like it, and it seems to hold it value very well, most of the resales seems to be aroung 800 dollars :wink:

GokuSSJ4
01-22-2004, 07:31 PM
yeah , i dont mine 200 for tuning . Went it gets out of hand is went shops start to ask for tuning over 900 .....
Since tuning makes sure everything is running like it should . An i have the cams already just not in the car 264/272 just waiting for the hks cam gears to arrive . an if so it would another 200 im sure to tune again . Its not like i have money to burn , but to make sure the xede/flash is running correctly its worth it IMO . Just experience with car tuning and amaze at the results that you obtain and also the smooth of the power band ....
An if take this route that means i can wait till i get my FMIC and cams install and get tune again to see results :cool:
the stage 2 would be in the future ......

evo_dadi
01-22-2004, 07:36 PM
i think it is better to get all parts that you wanted installed first then xede/flash the evo as a finale, after that you'll get this smile that wont come off of your face for awhile :) but one thing for sure though when youe get the stage two you're never gonna frown anymore :):)

GokuSSJ4
01-23-2004, 12:32 AM
lol true , is just its going to take me abit to get the FMIC since the AVO unit is 950.00 .. so thats going to take some saving time :? i been debating between the Xede and the APS (since is carry by a local tuner - Brainstorm) the difference is that with the Xede you are able to run with it the Xflash , also you are able to use bigger injectors and if you want it will run 8 of them (like the APS ) except that APS wount handle bigger injectors just 8 with there manifold that they make . Also APS is still running uni - chip compare to the Xede , which i know with the uni - chip the ecu was having problems reading it . (with other models of cars that have ran the uni chip in the past )

wilson1
01-23-2004, 12:49 AM
GokuSSJ4

do you have to get the hks camgears?
Or did you order it already?

GokuSSJ4
01-23-2004, 01:48 AM
why , whats up ??? i know vishnu has there own but i dont think they would be able to do everything in that saturday since it would be dyno day .. that would be a dream

JanSolo
01-23-2004, 07:50 PM
Fifth spot has opened up. The mystery man had to drop out due to technical issues.

wilson1
01-23-2004, 08:10 PM
If you did not order the Hks, you may want to consider those cam gears that have 5 locking nuts instead of 3.

jstockdale
01-23-2004, 09:59 PM
Wait so just to clarify where are we meeting and at what time?

I saw the original post back on page 1 but wanted a final confirmation :) I really don't feel like driving around in circles like last time :(

-S ...

evo_dadi
01-23-2004, 10:03 PM
meet is still set at 11am in milpitas but some of the us are gonna meet up at coffee lovers at about 1015 then convoy up to milpitas.
btw coffee lovers is where that monday night meet happened and if youre gonna meet us there it might be easier to spot us since its daytime and for sure you'll see all the evo spoilers lined up :)

vtluu
01-23-2004, 10:29 PM
I live about 5 minutes away from McCarthy Ranch so I'll see you all there at 11am... assuming I don't get lost of course. :lol:

BTW the NorCalEvo cards arrived today and they look great. Can't wait to show you all! :D

evo_dadi
01-23-2004, 10:31 PM
kool man!! save me bout 15 of them and ill pay you there also.

GokuSSJ4
01-23-2004, 10:55 PM
If you did not order the Hks, you may want to consider those cam gears that have 5 locking nuts instead of 3.

like which ones ????
IMO i dont like AEM ...

evo_dadi
01-23-2004, 10:59 PM
he was refering to the vishnu cam gears,since they do have 5 locking nuts compared to hks's 3 there less chance of slipping.

wilson1
01-23-2004, 10:59 PM
Just get the one from Vishnu, it's only 280!

jstockdale
01-24-2004, 12:12 AM
Where exactly is Coffee Lovers?

-S ...

JanSolo
01-24-2004, 12:33 AM
1855 Aborn Rd, San Jose, CA 95121

Let me bust out old MS Mappoint.

http://www.jansolo.org/images/coffee_lovers1.jpg

http://www.jansolo.org/images/coffee_lovers2.jpg

JanSolo
01-24-2004, 12:36 AM
It's pretty rainy out there right now. If it is this bad tomorrow, we might have to cancel the drive on Calaveras and just trek up to Vishnu's instead. I'd hate to take chances driving on Calaveras and have someone with not so hot tires take a corner wrong and drive off a cliff.

Grrrrr... it better not rain hard tomorrow.

leif
01-24-2004, 02:32 AM
imma be at vishnu at like 1130-12 see if i kant get a head start cuz i gotta get my xede installed and such. see you fools there.

vtluu
01-24-2004, 03:08 AM
1855 Aborn Rd, San Jose, CA 95121

Let me bust out old MS Mappoint.
That's what got us into trouble in the first place: Microsoft and Yahoo Maps both give the wrong location.

To quote myself from the "Monday night meet" thread:

The "right answer" is that CyberTron is right by/above the Coffee Lovers cafe at Aborn Plaza (or whatever it's called) on the NW corner of E Capitol Expwy and Aborn Rd. This was totally not where Yahoo! Maps or Microsoft Streets & Trips pointed us. Next time somebody posts a map link, someone who actually knows where the place is should verify that Yahoo! Maps actually gives the correct location.

ob4
01-24-2004, 03:30 AM
i agree with jan, if the rain continues tomorrow, i think we better just take 680. anyways see u guys at 11am tomorrow.

ericfcs.com
01-24-2004, 09:31 AM
I'm sorry to report that we are not able to make it today. We worked all night to get the Evo together but it's not done yet. Sadly we're going to have to back out. Hope you guys have fun!

-dong

chris
01-24-2004, 09:55 AM
hopefully we don't have to go straight to vishnu. cuz if yeah i guess i can't meet you guys then =\

howiEVO8
01-24-2004, 02:55 PM
great meet guys sorry i had to cut out early....something caused a network outtage at my place bah...had to get back to remedy the prob...nice meet all of you :)

jstockdale
01-24-2004, 03:41 PM
Damnit. I'm kicking myself. Sorry I didn't make it guys, I kinda had a bigger night than I was originally planning yesterday, and didn't end up waking up until about half an hour ago (2pm)

Next time I'm _definitely_ there.

-S ...

vtluu
01-24-2004, 07:29 PM
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album21/053_G.jpg

AWESOME! We had 24 Evos meet at McCarthy Ranch in Milpitas, including the WORKS Evo. Then we probably set a record for "number of Evos parked at Vishnu" when we headed over there.

First and foremost I'd like to thank Jan for his hard work and dedication in organizing this event. I had a great time, met a lot of cool people (even if I don't remember most of your names... sorry! :oops:), and can't wait 'til the next meet.

I've started posting photos to my gallery; I'll post more--and maybe a few videos--as soon as I get back from my date tonight (or maybe tomorrow morning... :wink:).

cagefreak
01-24-2004, 08:40 PM
I would have to give much props to Jan for organizing this whole thing and everyone who came. It was a grand turnout. The dyno runs were awsome as well. It was great meeting Shiv at Vishnu, he's a very cool guy (even though he sold his FD:jk lol). Would love to join you guys again for another Evo meet.

-Justin

JanSolo
01-24-2004, 10:47 PM
Hey everyone - thanks for showing up and making the meet worthwhile. This whole day was sweet - from the meet at Starbucks to the dyno day at Vishnu Tuning. I've never seen so many Evos in one place at one time.

I'm planning on putting together yet another meet in the near future, but this time we will have a drive but not a dyno day. Instead, we are going to be doing something different. I'll post up info as soon as I get it all set in stone.

Justin, next time you need to bring the FD out so I can see what the hell I'm missing.

Here's Shiv trying to dyno the pink S13 at the meet today.

http://www.jansolo.org/images/shiv_s13.jpg

http://www.jansolo.org/images/norcalevomeet1.jpg

http://www.jansolo.org/images/norcalevomeet2.jpg

http://www.jansolo.org/images/norcalevomeet3.jpg

xchoirboy
01-24-2004, 10:56 PM
thanxs for everything - that meet was hella fun - it was good to see all yah.

JanSolo
01-24-2004, 11:15 PM
Damnit. I'm kicking myself. Sorry I didn't make it guys, I kinda had a bigger night than I was originally planning yesterday, and didn't end up waking up until about half an hour ago (2pm)

Next time I'm _definitely_ there.

-S ...

John, you could have *still* made it. The dyno day did not end till about 7.30pm. Next time, for sure.

JanSolo
01-24-2004, 11:17 PM
thanxs for everything - that meet was hella fun - it was good to see all yah.

Bruce Leroy!

Did I mention how powerful your "stock" Evo felt? That Xflash made a world of difference. Thanks for letting me take a drive in your car. That has to be the most powerful Evo to date that I've driven.

When we have the next meet, my car should be a little stronger, so you'll have to drive mine.

leif
01-24-2004, 11:20 PM
wut did you, marcel, junior, and the pink sil80 dyno at?

JanSolo
01-24-2004, 11:36 PM
I didn't do a dyno run, but I will be doing one soon at Vishnu. I was more concerned with everyone else getting their stuff done today.

Marcel was at.. what - 222?

How do you like your Xede, Leif? Did you get the Xflash as well or just the Xede?

The pink S13 didn't get a dyno run since it was a bit too low for Shiv's dyno. Bummer.

evo_dadi
01-24-2004, 11:38 PM
very huge turn out for the norcal meet,at milpitas i think we had about 24 evo's that came and i think a few more went straight to vishnu to get their tuning done early. since only a few of us took the drive in calaveras it was hella fun,now i cant wait till summertime hits and run that road again.the only bad part that happen on the drive was that big rock in the road since terry(ob4) hit it first but luckily it hit on the jacking mount of the car. then i ended up hitting the rock also bending my crossbar and it hit doug also in the bumper/lip. all i can say now is whens the next one going to be ;) by then we should have more evo's show up.

leif
01-24-2004, 11:53 PM
xede is cool. the boost controller clicks alot when i start boosting which is kinda wierd, but other than that its cool.

i got the xede and the flash...it pulls pretty good now. rolling start to 60 is pretty filthy. 1st and 2nd go like nothing now as well.

vtluu
01-25-2004, 12:04 AM
My car is and will remain for some time "wimpy" stock.

But it has more cameras mounted than all yours. :P :skid:

ez76
01-25-2004, 12:25 AM
I missed out! Hope to meet all you guys soon enough. That's an insane picture with all those Evos.

JanSolo
01-25-2004, 12:48 AM
Here is a link to a story on the meet over at SRO Magazine (http://www.sromagazine.com/home.php?op=go&id=935).

GokuSSJ4
01-25-2004, 01:07 AM
glad to know that you guys had fun , i wasnt able to make since i decided to do my bolt ons first then tune the car . I also was recommend it by Vishnu to do that .
Since i have much to do ....

vtluu
01-25-2004, 01:33 AM
More photos now on my gallery page for today's event (http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/modules.php?set_albumName=album21&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php).

Also added a video of xchoirboy's XFlashed-stock dyno run; according to Shiv, the "strongest stock Evo" he'd ever seen: http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album21/xchoirboy_vishnu.wmv

wilson1
01-25-2004, 01:58 AM
Thanks Jan for bringing everything together!
Hopefully next norcalevo meet i shall have my evo ready!
Also, it sure is nice meeting alot of the members in person.

ob4
01-25-2004, 02:01 AM
great meet jan, had a lot of fun at vishnu.

-ob4

howiEVO8
01-25-2004, 03:44 AM
Thanks Jan for bringing everything together!
Hopefully next norcalevo meet i shall have my evo ready!
Also, it sure is nice meeting alot of the members in person.

like wize :)

r6bruin
01-25-2004, 05:00 AM
That's simply awesome! Thanks guys for organizing such a great event and I'm looking forward for the next one :)

By the way, I took some photos and would like to share with you guys, can anyone tell me how I can post the images in the norcalevo gallery?

Thanks!

evo_dadi
01-25-2004, 08:51 AM
you can post pics on it anytime just start up another album.

as with the re-cir kit for the hks i pm'ed rob about it so let's see when he pm's back.

i posted all the pics from the meet on the gallery you guys so check them all out.

DB8GSR
01-25-2004, 09:08 AM
Would love to join you guys again for another Evo meet.

-Justin

Haha.. Justin.. sup mang!! Next time... bring a running FD? aight!

Ray

DB8GSR
01-25-2004, 09:16 AM
.the only bad part that happen on the drive was that big rock in the road since terry(ob4) hit it first but luckily it hit on the jacking mount of the car. then i ended up hitting the rock also bending my crossbar and it hit doug also in the bumper/lip. all i can say now is whens the next one going to be ;) by then we should have more evo's show up.

whew! I'm glad I was at the back. :wink: But man... Calaveras is one narrow ass road. I kept concentrating on the roads rather than the scenery or else.. I lose it. LoL!

Too bad... only Junior and that Porsche are the ones that only saw them fireballs shooting out on my exhaust. :twisted: LoL!

evo_dadi
01-25-2004, 09:30 AM
nice ray! my bad for the hustle and you werent able to set-up the camera right away. but we'll have another run one of these days when you get back ;)

hey justin on the next meet i might bring some home cooked goodies also :buds: :drool:

DB8GSR
01-25-2004, 09:43 AM
nice ray! my bad for the hustle and you werent able to set-up the camera right away. but we'll have another run one of these days when you get back ;)

It's cool marcel.. I had to play catch up with ya'll at the light. I had no clue you guys were ready to roll. LoL!! :lol:

cagefreak
01-25-2004, 11:34 AM
Would love to join you guys again for another Evo meet.

-Justin

Haha.. Justin.. sup mang!! Next time... bring a running FD? aight!

Ray

I'll wait till you come back from PI. Hah. Oh yeah, stay out of the sun, don't want you to be as dark as your car. :D :werd:

evo_dadi
01-25-2004, 11:36 AM
lol!! yup ray they might think you came from baguio city ;)

gonzo314
01-25-2004, 01:08 PM
hey evo_dadi, what kind of numbers did your car put up when you finally got on the dyno?

evo_dadi
01-25-2004, 06:20 PM
i came up with 225 but it started knocking when i tried to up my boost maybe a reflash will solve the problem and give me a higher fuel cut also.and my car was running with the stock cat on a RMR turboback so i could have squeezed a little bit more with a straight pipe.

JanSolo
01-25-2004, 06:40 PM
i came up with 225 but it started knocking when i tried to up my boost maybe a reflash will solve the problem and give me a higher fuel cut also.and my car was running with the stock cat on a RMR turboback so i could have squeezed a little bit more with a straight pipe.

Needs 100 octane. :)

e8
01-25-2004, 08:27 PM
i didn't go to mccarthy, but i was at vishnu.

good to meet some of you and just hang out.

cagefreak
01-25-2004, 10:48 PM

More like take the SBC-ID off. heh. jk. :D

GokuSSJ4
01-26-2004, 12:19 AM
glad to know you guys had fun ....

chris
01-26-2004, 01:06 AM

It's cool marcel.. I had to play catch up with ya'll at the light. I had no clue you guys were ready to roll. LoL!! :lol:

i was trying to find out who you were at the meet. at first me and jan were like umm whos db8gsr. i was fosho that was your car at the meet. your car looked hella clean with it being dropped and 50% tint all around.

evo_dadi
01-26-2004, 08:11 AM

More like take the SBC-ID off. heh. jk. :D

wanna buy a used unit then :mrgreen: just gotta keep on messing with the settings for a while and waste a lot of gsa also.

DB8GSR
01-26-2004, 08:30 AM
[quote="DB8GSR"]
i was trying to find out who you were at the meet. at first me and jan were like umm whos db8gsr. i was fosho that was your car at the meet. your car looked hella clean with it being dropped and 50% tint all around.

Hey.. thanks chris! I met new faces and new names but they never said their screen name. LoL!