PDA

View Full Version : '03 upperdeck spx rookie card...

thomas
06-26-2004, 09:02 PM
so im getting back into collecting cards now...baseball, basketball, etc...

bought a box today of the UD spx (basketball), hoping to get the one (1) card i only want...and BOOM! i got it! :D

lebron james autographed jersey rookie card! signed with a piece of his jersey from a summer photo shoot. awww, its baaaad...dood, im sooo happy rite now. its numbered 219/750.

beckett price: $1000.00 woohoo. awesome day!

also, got some other jersey cards, but nothing compared to this one...

evo_dadi
06-26-2004, 09:13 PM
nice!!! i think the last time i collected cards was jordan still playing at his prime with the bulls.got rid of that then turned to comics which i still have today safely tucked away ;)

Black_EVO
06-26-2004, 09:36 PM
I still have my collection. I haven't checked prices lately. I'v got 2 McGuire rookie cards and a Bo Jackson Rookie card. I haven't bought a pack in about 7 years. Great catch on your card!! I never had that kind of luck.

thomas
06-27-2004, 12:26 AM
same here, its been a while, i think the last time i bought a pack of cards was back in high school. long time ago...

some of my buddies at work are into cards still, so i decided to buy some packs. its crazy now how many different kinds of cards are out. all those brands under the name brand, ie. upperdeck-authentic, spx, honor roll, signature series...takes some time to get back into things.

thisll definitely be the center of my collection.

Black_EVO
06-27-2004, 12:47 PM
Yeh, it used to be just Topps, Fleer, Uperdeck, Donruss. Now there are so many different brands. It confusing now. I haven't checked prices in 7 years either. I'm saving them for my son who will be born in Oct. Hope they are worth some $$$. If not I'll just wait another 20 years and see.