PDA

View Full Version : ecu+ injector scaling

AreSTG
01-08-2007, 08:05 PM
holy crap, i need some serious lesson's on ECU+.

I was in a good mood tonight cuz i finally got my adapters working and connected the car to my laptop.Â* I looked at my engine codes, then saw the injector scaling window.Â* Since i have 720's i changed it from stock and started my car........

after nearly choking to death for 5 seconds, i turned the car off and put it back to stock and am not touching another thing.

wow

superman37r1
01-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Damn dude wtf lol...

earlyapex1
01-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Yea the ECU+ injector scaling doesn't really work out very well. It's better to just adjust the ECU+ like you would a SAFC. You actually add a little fuel at idle and take out some mid throttle, and a bunch WOT.

The best combo with what you have would be scaling the injectors properly using ecuflash and tuning the car with ECU+.

XVeloX
01-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Yea the ECU+ injector scaling doesn't really work out very well. It's better to just adjust the ECU+ like you would a SAFC. You actually add a little fuel at idle and take out some mid throttle, and a bunch WOT.

The best combo with what you have would be scaling the injectors properly using ecuflash and tuning the car with ECU+.

Agreed on the ecuflash bit. Once the ecu sees the bigger injectors, the fuel maps are much easier to work with...or tuning with ECU+ much easier...

AreSTG
01-09-2007, 12:28 AM

could you tell me simply or link me to info on whats wrong with ECU+'s scaling, or the reason it's not fixed if it's a known problem. Before reflashing came to the masses, it would suck to have to "work around it"

earlyapex1
01-09-2007, 12:34 AM
could you tell me simply or link me to info on whats wrong with ECU+'s scaling, or the reason it's not fixed if it's a known problem. Before reflashing came to the masses, it would suck to have to "work around it"

Well, you can't just put 720 into ECU+, much like you can't put 720 into ecuflash, you also have to change injector voltage compensation, which you cannot do with ECU+.

I tried a bunch of different numbers and they all idled like shiat. AFAIK, changing the injector size number in ECU+ just shifts the MAF over much like if you just took out fuel with the ECU+. I could be wrong about that as I didn't really look into it much since I got the car to run well with just tuning the fuel tables. Yes, it did kinda suck to "work around it". Welcome to one of the shortcomings of piggybacks. :)

MitsuMan
01-09-2007, 12:40 AM
I love the DIY tuners. you won't catch me fugging with my map unless you see me on a dyno with a gas analizer.......which of coarse I don't have....for that matter nor do I a lap top