PDA

View Full Version : Where to go for a Boost Gauge/TT install?

kenshin
06-30-2004, 02:07 PM
Hi all,

I finally bought an A-pillar gauge pod. Now I just need to find someone to install my boost gauge and turbo timer for me.

Anyone know of a good place to get this done? I'm very perculiar about quality so the job must be clean and professional.

Thanks.

PK@WORKS
06-30-2004, 02:25 PM
The WORKS Service Department specializes in the EVO and we have installed many gauges and turbo timers. Actually we are running a special right now on the Defi Boost D-Gauge with the Autometer 2204 cup installed for only $199 OTD.
What brands did you purchase and do you have the Turbo Timer harness?
We pride ourselves in thorough, professional high performance installations which include a 6 month/6000 mile warranty.
We also perform minor to medium services using OEM Mitsubishi filters and fluids which we keep in stock. :D

You can call our WORKS Service at 415.902.7791 or email [email protected] to schedule an appointment.

sharkster
07-14-2004, 10:06 PM
Heya Kenshin,

Honestly, just go to WORKS. They'll do it fast, cleanly and better than any DIY job. I could have done it myself but it wouldn't have come out so clean.... They will also take the time to make sure it's placed exactly where you want it before hooking it in. We're lucky to have these guys in the Bay Area:P

PS Plus they have lot's of other toys in stock for our cars....

Buzzard
07-14-2004, 10:27 PM
LOL Sharky, are you getting paid for all these endrosements!! Your becoming a serious Fanboii!! :box:

sharkster
07-14-2004, 11:07 PM
LOL Sharky, are you getting paid for all these endrosements!! Your becoming a serious Fanboii!! :box:

Nah.. I straight up do like them and pay just like anyone else. Being in the business myself I usually don't like tuners much but having met them, I do respect them and their philosophy on tuning;)

I've also heard really good things about Cal from GruppeS locally.

I know there's an abundance of tuners around the Bay Area so the best advice I have is for people to just do their own research and "shop around". Usually people will end up going where they are most comfortable. That's up to the individual....

Same in the Porsche world. There are a few different tuners here in the Bay Area and we're all pretty diffrenent.

So I'm sorry if I came off "biased"... I'm not like that and just like to support the "local" guy especially when I like/use their stuff. I know it's actually not easy to make a living in the biz...

Buzzard
07-15-2004, 09:04 AM
Just messing with ya, but they better kick you some hats and T-shirts at least. Last night you had a number of posts in a short succesion about Works, me being me, I just had have a little fun.

I also should let you know that I'm an old school Porschephile. I come from a family of Porsche owners but the thought of a water cooled 911 is a sacrelige. I grew up driving old, nasty evil handling 911's. I was looking for a '74-75 Carrera when I bought the Evo instead, what can I say, I been hooked on Rally Cars since the 1980 Audi Quattro.

BluEvo
07-15-2004, 09:06 AM
depends on your location also. WORKS in SF is cool, there is also Gino at GBmotorsports, and Cal at Gruppe-S in Hayward that can do those types of installs.

sharkster
07-15-2004, 09:14 AM
Just messing with ya, but they better kick you some hats and T-shirts at least. Last night you had a number of posts in a short succesion about Works, me being me, I just had have a little fun.

I also should let you know that I'm an old school Porschephile. I come from a family of Porsche owners but the thought of a water cooled 911 is a sacrelige. I grew up driving old, nasty evil handling 911's. I was looking for a '74-75 Carrera when I bought the Evo instead, what can I say, I been hooked on Rally Cars since the 1980 Audi Quattro.

Hehe that's cool and I'm glad people question/have fun etc... that's what forums are for;)

That's really about you being a Porschephile! I know the water cooled cars are... well not "real" Porsches. I'm with you there. The evil handling 911s are the best. We have a few in the shop right now. Crazy lag, crazy power and downrights scary handling!

The 1980 Audio Quatro was wicked. I also liked that old school Lancia- that was very cool back in the day.

warpspeed
07-15-2004, 12:28 PM
Here is mine and I didn't have to go far..............just to my garage :wink:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDc2OTM5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

The reason I put the Timer there is so I can see it through the steering wheel as I drive.

sharkster
07-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Heya Warpseed, I ended up putting mine to the right on the column and it only partially blocks that useless "Lancer" gauge...