PDA

View Full Version : Sarah gets owned by a Honda Civic.

NgohOiNei
07-01-2004, 11:44 AM
This doesn't really qualify as being a "kill" since I didn't try and race the son of a bitch. Why in god's name would I risk my safety and anyone elses to race of the street. And god forbid anything should happen to my car..

Here goes-

I was on Westborough Ave last night in S. SF and spotted a Honda Civic.
I was in Steve's little 318 with the S50 swap.
The Honda Civic cuts off the lady in front of him so we can meet up at the stop light.

We are looking at his fart can exhaust, watching it rattle, and just laughing at him.
The "Kragen special" NOS seat covers were a nice touch too. ::ugh::

We meet up at the stop light and I'm just looking at the guy laughing.
He starts to rev his engine to the point of nearly blowing it up and I'm still laughing.
We didn't rev back.
I make a few faces at him as to say "not gonna happen" and "Are you kidding me?"

The light is taking forever. At this point I just want to wait here and let the guy go screaming past me cause I don't want this kind of attention near me.

He is redlining his car at this light.. His car is starting to make the "clank clank clank" noise. I figured his car was going to explode, I was contemplating calling my mom to tell her I loved her before I was engulfed by the flames of the Death Rice.

The light changes and the Civic takes off. I let him, there is a red light up ahead so what do I care.

The Civic was flooring it ahead of me, we were just crusing in 2nd. His fart can looks like it's going to fall off until- POOOF!
A nice poof of blue and black smoke comes out..

Maybe he had a special "oil leak valve" which he was able to open. :roll:
There was some debate later that night between me and Steve's little bro who knew the guy in the Civic and told me it had Nitrous. Ugh.

None of this matters, it was just amusing to me.
I was giggling about it all night.

SouthernCrane
07-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Good story :lol:

I especially liked this part:

I figured his car was going to explode, I was contemplating calling my mom to tell her I loved her before I was engulfed by the flames of the Death Rice.

NgohOiNei
07-01-2004, 02:06 PM
Good story :lol:

I especially liked this part:

I figured his car was going to explode, I was contemplating calling my mom to tell her I loved her before I was engulfed by the flames of the Death Rice.

Thank you, thank you very much.

I need to start a whole thread about fake Rally Cars- The New Rice.

I'm convinced rice will die out eventually and cars will try and take on the form of Rally Cars- aesthetically speaking however.

I've seen a huge increase of weird "AWD" wagons and such molested with "rally" stickers.

In any case- I may be doing a rally cross event sometime soon up at Thunderhill.

vtluu
07-01-2004, 02:17 PM
:dumas:

Great story! A couple weeks ago my friend Nick was driving around in his STi when some Honda rice rocket pulled up next to him on the street. A short distance later they passed a police cruiser that then pulled up behind them. They came up to the red light and my friend eyed the police cruiser in his mirror, thinking "Surely this [cop] doesn't think we're so stupid that we would race with him right behind us?" But sure enough, the light turned green and the Honda went peeling away, and my friend just rolled gently from the light watching bemusedly as the cop took off after the Honda. :lol:

ez76
07-01-2004, 02:39 PM
There's a great Escalade commercial out now with the same premise.

chris
07-01-2004, 05:23 PM
haaha great story

Buzzard
07-01-2004, 11:02 PM
I have a similar story. Back when I was running my 500 whp single turbo '94 RX-7 R2 (well, only about 470 whp on the 92 octane we had then but if I used Xylene 500 was easy to get), I was commuting to work on San Tomas Expressway. A Supra comes slicing through traffic to catch me at the light at Moorpark. He's looking at me and reving his engine, giving me the "nod". I'm looking back at him pointing behind me at the Sheriff's car 2 cars behind in his lane. This goes for about 2 min then the light goes green. He burns his tires in a massive cloud of smoke and blasts away from the light. I'm so stunned at this that I just sit there, when someone honks, I drop the clutch and stall my car. I forgot that with my big turbo, I needed more rpm's then the stock twin turbo. I get it started and take off. The Sheriff had jumped into the turning lane and chased the Supra. I gave him a honk as I drove bye while he was getting his tickets. :wink:

NgohOiNei
07-02-2004, 09:49 AM
Right on Buzzard. Good story.