PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article-NO RACING!

wilson1
07-02-2004, 09:05 AM
Check this out!

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=02612566

:shock:

V8KiLL3R
07-02-2004, 09:28 AM
Interesting article.

Buzzard
07-02-2004, 09:41 AM
That's the story that came from the evolutionm.net thread started by MSM_2K. It's stickied in the General forum if your curious.

What distrubes me is that Mitsu voided his warranty before the car was ever brought in. They claim they are not searching for info on what Evo's are being raced but how did they know his had been to one autocross? Obviously, they have been pulling data in from somewhere on Evo's in competition. Maybe even more distrubing to me is that his warranty was denied due to "Customer Abuse" without even looking at the engine. It's not like rod failure hasn't occured in other Evo's, there have been a number that have been rebuilt under warranty. This is the first time that I have seen a manufacturer take the stance that competing(or modding) your car voids your entire warranty. I guess we don't to piss off any Service Advisors if you have any mods on your car or you might wind up with a voided warranty.

vtluu
07-02-2004, 09:49 AM
This is the most linked article I've ever seen from Autoweek. I've seen it linked and quoted--twice--on Solo2.org, passed around in E-mail, linked here, on EvoM and a few other places as well. I hope Mitsubishi is enjoying their new-found "publicity". Bastards.

JanSolo
07-02-2004, 10:39 AM
I think Mitsu specifically said they had no automated process in place, looking for people have raced their cars. But they never said they had a personal manually looking for posts about people racing.

CollinsT
07-09-2004, 04:44 PM
EVil car companies!