PDA

View Full Version : Trade my Rsx Type-s for EVO

Yankeec23
07-02-2004, 06:57 PM
I just wanted to know if any of you guys have had a type-s prior to your new EVO. Im thinking about traded in my type-s for an Evo. Could you guys help me out, I know its a faster car but I want to know more about the upgrades it is cable such a bigger turbo, ecu, et. Also how much you think I could get to trade in my car?

vtluu
07-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Good choice. :) There are plenty of mods available for the Evo, basically limited only by the lesser of your imagination and your budget. For the mod I recommend most, see my sig. ;)

Kelley Blue Book (http://www.kbb.com) will give you a trade-in value estimate for your car.

JanSolo
07-02-2004, 07:17 PM
Firstly, the person to talk to about trading in your car and getting an Evo would be Snorre from San Rafael Mitsubishi. He will give you a great deal on a trade in and on a new Evo. He is pretty much the man to talk to, imho.

As far as modding, the engine in the Evo is infamous for being able to handle lots of power, with proper supporting mods of course. It is not unheard of people running upwards of 500+ whp with bigger turbos on their Evos. But with proper tuning, the stock turbo will do very well . For instance, Buschur Racing got an 11.65 1/4 mile on the stock turbo - and lots of other mods too. ;)

Yankeec23
07-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Thanks Vtluu and JanSolo for the input. Also I wanted to know more about the 2005 evo's. I m not sure but what is the Mr evo, six gears instead of five can you give me a litte more info?

Yankeec23
07-02-2004, 07:33 PM
Also what is the stock hp at the wheel

BluEvo
07-02-2004, 07:39 PM
here's some info on the Evo MR...

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=39&article_id=1254

the usual stock whp on an Evo is around 205 to 220. it depends on the type of dyno and the cars gifted abilities. good choice in trading the RSX for an Evo.
AWD Turbo = a kick ass ride!

JanSolo
07-02-2004, 07:41 PM
For info on the 05 Evo, check out this page over on EvoM.

>>CLICK ME (http://features.evolutionm.net/newsitem/76)<<

Stock HP @ the wheel is kinda iffy and depends on the dyno, etc. Most people state around 220 - 230whp peak, as far as I know.

EvolvedDSM
07-02-2004, 08:08 PM
Gilbert (ytsejam) went from a RSX-S to the EVO. He may be able to provide you with some more insight ;)

LEVIII
07-02-2004, 09:55 PM
I went from a civic si to my evo, not qute the rsx but close cousins. I was pretty heavy into my civ running 13s and completly built to handle, adj suspension, LSD, basically all the bolt ons.

Best thing about having your evo is no more traction problems.
and its fast and handles like a go-kart.

The other day some honda kids aked me what I had done, I told them it was still stock save for the BOV. They kind of laughed cause I was saying how fun it is to drive. Then I listed the stock stuff that would be an upgrade in my honda.

Rims
Tires (bad ass tires)
HID lights
fog lights
Carbon wing
Racaro seats w/ matching rear seats
momo steering wheel
center mounted tach (illuminates amber)
big Brembo brakes f/r
Red callipers
turbo
front mount
IC water sprayer
liscence plate relocater
wide body
stiff suspension
red valve cover
vented hood

and theres prob more Im not thinking of...
but put all that in a honda and you have a show car.

Its all stock here!
and theres only one way to go from stock.

ytsejam
07-04-2004, 12:53 PM
yeah i traded in my 02 RSX-S for the evo.
pm me if u have more specific questions.

dmans_evo
07-04-2004, 11:59 PM
I traded in my 02 rsx-s also for the EVO... I got 17 for it but thats because I wouldnt leave with anything else, and it almost came to brawling..then the dude just decided to give me 17 and not the initial 13 they tried to offer and i was cool with that... If I sold private party with some of the parts I had, I might have got more...but that is such a pain in the ass...

As for the EVO vs. the rsx -s.... its alot like a saying Stephon Marbury had... "You just can't compare them, its like comparing MICHAEL JORDAN to MARIO ELIE..."

BluEvo
07-05-2004, 10:14 AM
Im thinking about traded in my type-s for an Evo. Could you guys help me out
"You Can Do It!" lolz

crapsstickman
07-06-2004, 09:18 AM
Also what is the stock hp at the wheel

I ran a stock run at the last dynoday. I turned out a 217.6 WHP. That's all stock with the exception of my clutch.

Good luck with your trade! 8)

EvoVIII
07-06-2004, 09:37 AM
which dyno did u run on?

evo_dadi
07-06-2004, 12:27 PM
it was at atp when we had a meet there.

XtraN
07-09-2004, 02:14 PM
Hi all.

I have a 2003 RSX Type-S with only 2700 miles on it and I didn't trade it with Snorre. I got a great deal on the EVO, but he couldn't give me much on the RSX. I think he told me around 19,000. That was about 2 months ago. I just talked to him last week and he's still trying to sell another Type-S trade-in. Snorre is the man, but I'm not sure how interested he would be getting another RSX on his lot.

I'm STILL trying to sell my damn car, but I get a bunch of idiots low balling at 18,000! KBB is at 22,445 for my car. I know I won't get that much for the car, but geeze.

Good luck yankee.