PDA

View Full Version : Helllo

cambomonk
07-04-2004, 01:44 AM
Just wanted to say hi to everybody here.......where can I go to get an alignment done on my evo?Tire wear is jacked up. Im in stockton,ca.

LEVIII
07-04-2004, 07:38 AM
Not sure where to get it done in stockton, but I know capital mitsu has a machine and Ive known people whos allignment was also off and the align it and replace the tires all under warranty (you do have to pay a pro rate for the wear on the tires though)

So just make sure you get it done at a dealer under warranty

GReddy_917
07-04-2004, 08:59 AM
www.autoinnovations.com

Talk to Orlando.

NgohOiNei
07-04-2004, 10:25 AM
Try a Big O in Stockton, they are usually pretty good with alignments. At least the guy I do to in Dublin is competant. Well, he stands upright if that's what you mean.

vtluu
07-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Most tire places won't do custom alignments though, will they?

kataklyzm
07-04-2004, 11:26 AM
i think they do as long as you give them the specs

V8KiLL3R
07-05-2004, 09:14 AM
yep tell them what specs you would like

BluEvo
07-05-2004, 10:03 AM
check with AutoSport Addiction in Stockton (off March Lane). i think they do alignments there also. if not, they should be able to recommend you to someone that does.

T

cambomonk
07-05-2004, 08:00 PM
What is the oem spec on alignment? My wife usually drives the car so I want the alignment setup for street driving. Thanks a bunch.

vtluu
07-05-2004, 10:47 PM
According to the alignment sheet I got from Auto Innovations (all measurements in degrees):

Front: camber -1.0 +/- 0.5, caster 3.9 +/- 0.5, toe 0.00 +/- 0.08
Rear: camber -1.0 +/- 0.5, toe 0.12 +/- 0.08

The service manual may or may not agree; I'm too lazy to look it up at the moment. :P

If you want a "safe" and/or "forgiving" alignment setup then go with the factory settings--which is what your Evo should have already unless someone tinkered with it. Also it's not clear what you mean by "street" driving. To me the ideal street setup is pretty much the same as for autocross, because I tend to corner pretty hard on the street. But I'm guessing your wife doesn't drive the same way.

So on one hand you want an alignment that is "conservative" (for your wife) but on the other hand you want one that supports some fairly spirited driving (which is probably why your tire wear is the way it is). It's not clear to me you can have both; how exactly are your tires worn (more wear inside, outside, in the middle, etc.)?

cambomonk
07-06-2004, 01:17 AM
The front is worn on the inside. The rear is worn on the inside and outside but the middle of the tires are ok. I check the tire pressure is all tire are @ 31psi.

EVO GRIM
07-06-2004, 06:42 AM
When both the inside and outside are worn it is a good indication that your pressure is too low. Try 40, it's still a pretty smooth ride.

vtluu
07-06-2004, 09:16 AM
As for the fronts, as I understand it, if the middle is worn more than the inside/outside, it's because you have toe-out. If the outside is worn most, you need more negative camber. I would guess that conversely if the inside is worn most you need less negative camber but I'm not sure I would recommend that.

Would front toe-in also cause more outside wear?

TylerO@WORKS
07-06-2004, 10:33 AM
We are set up to do on the ground, racecar type alignments here at WORKS. We can set it up to factory specs or custom based on your needs. Yes we know the car that well :D

We are also thinking about investing in a corner weighting system for those who are really serious 8)

sharkster
07-06-2004, 09:58 PM
We are set up to do on the ground, racecar type alignments here at WORKS. We can set it up to factory specs or custom based on your needs. Yes we know the car that well :D

We are also thinking about investing in a corner weighting system for those who are really serious 8)

You should and won't regret it! For the street it's overkill but for the hardcore track guys it makes a significant difference and hence we do use 'em for race track prep alignments at the shop:)

Thanks again for today man...

cambomonk
07-07-2004, 06:18 PM
Thanks guy for all the advice...I'm gonna take to Capitol Mitsu on Tuesday and see what they say. Hopefully they will prorate my tires. Last night damn Service Engine Soon lit up like a whore house and car hesistated a little when stepping on gas. Keep y'all updated on the situation.