PDA

View Full Version : APB: Freeway Motorists

mtsevovii
02-06-2007, 12:21 PM
just something to be aware of. CHP will be out in full force today.

make sure you arent speeding. 8)

patrol vehicles and motorcycle cops.

whtrice
02-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Whats the occasion?

mtsevovii
02-06-2007, 12:39 PM
to try and lower the speed at which average motorists travel. which is about 80mph now.

they will be spread across,Â* when you spot one CHP, he wont be alone. there will be more ahead waiting.

so dont think "i past him" i can speed up again.

be safe out there guys.

whtrice
02-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the " heads up". I have noticed the presence!

MarkSAE
02-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I saw a bunch of CHP on the San Mateo Bridge on saturday.. there was one guy radaring under the overpass before the bridge (eastbound). And there was 3 CHP cars waiting in the pull-off areas on the bridge.

twEeker
02-06-2007, 03:59 PM
I got two speeding tickets on 280 in the past 2 months. They have been out in full force on 280 ever since mid december. I thought they would be gone after new years, but they havnt disapeared yet. I travel from downtown san jose to wolfe road in sunnyvale back and forth about 4 times a day, and usually see at least 3 or 4 CHP either on motorcycles, or in the cars and thats just one way. They even post up next to the center divide with their radar guns (thats how the last one got me). You wouldnt think they cant hide anywhere on the freeway, but those radar guns have some distance. Keep an eye out.

PANGES
02-06-2007, 04:31 PM
wow. lol. I saw one today on the way to work on 280, which I tought was odd, because there's normally never any cops in the area I saw one. It was funny, because in the area the cop was waiting, that's normally where everyone naturally slows down anyways, because there's this slight curve that at top of the hill and you can't see over it so people slow down because they dont know which way it's going to bend after the hump.

twEeker
02-06-2007, 04:38 PM
The hill over stevens creek on 280 is where the cop got me. He was just over it, by the time I saw him, he looked at his radar real quick, jumped in his car, and pulled me over. I would definatly watch out for hills. Slow down, because you never know whos waiting for you on the other side.

lncrevoviii
02-06-2007, 04:56 PM
rename the thread to "CHP SIGHTINGS" :lol:

saw one around 2:30ishpm infront of Krispy Kreme. Had the L.E.D style lights, dual exhaust, black rims. clean car. Looked like he was eating a Strawberry Jelly Filled Donut and a 16oz cup of Cappuccino. I threw the peace sign but you didn't seem to acknowledge it. Anyone on the forums?

vtluu
02-06-2007, 05:04 PM
saw one around 2:30ishpm infront of Krispy Kreme. Had the L.E.D style lights, dual exhaust, black rims. clean car. Looked like he was eating a Strawberry Jelly Filled Donut and a 16oz cup of Cappuccino. I threw the peace sign but you didn't seem to acknowledge it. Anyone on the forums?

What, a cop? Why would cops hang out on NCE?

warpspeed
02-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I saw a bunch of CHP on the San Mateo Bridge on saturday.. there was one guy radaring under the overpass before the bridge (eastbound). And there was 3 CHP cars waiting in the pull-off areas on the bridge.

They do that here in Cordelia at the 680/80 southbound turnoff almost every weekend.

lncrevoviii
02-06-2007, 05:06 PM

What, a cop? Why would cops hang out on NCE?

it was a joke. ;)

vtluu
02-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Ah. Duh me. :oops:

AreSTG
02-06-2007, 05:21 PM
lol, left base today, and so far every exit from base i've taken has a speed signs, that tell you how fast you are going

Lurk
02-10-2007, 08:26 AM
I heard so far they are handing out 4x as many tickets as they did this same time last year!

EV0LL
02-10-2007, 09:35 AM
On the radio they mentioned that CHP was especially focusing on speeders in the south bay. They are doing one of their special revenue raising events again, like they do every once in awhile and hand out an rediculous amount of tickets. "No tollerance" too which means they will pull you over for even 5mph over the limit. Thats fine with me, since then I'll know where all the CHP are, I'll just speed everywhere else. :)

I guess the idea is to increase safety they say, but somehow I managed to almost get sideswiped by the same A-hole twice in under 2 minutes, while going under the speed limit, on my way to work the other day...so it can't be for safety reasons then. :x :x :?

chrisw
02-10-2007, 07:45 PM
huh.. well I guess on the good side this probably implies that the terrorist threat levels are low enough to allow the CHP the extra manpower to crack down on speeding.... :? :shock: :x

Ben
03-13-2007, 12:49 AM
I guess the idea is to increase safety they say, but somehow I managed to almost get sideswiped by the same A-hole twice in under 2 minutes, while going under the speed limit, on my way to work the other day...so it can't be for safety reasons then. :x :x :?

That's funny 'cause whenever I'm at the speed limit someone always comes close to sideswiping me. If I speed I pass up all the idiots and get to where I'm going in a more timely manner...anyways the faster I drive the sooner a speeding menace like me is off the road and at my destination right?!

sulpe
03-13-2007, 08:39 AM
If you put it that way, I guess so.

PANGES
03-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Yeah. I notice when I drive 65mph, the more often I nearly get sideswiped.... Why is that?

mtsevovii
03-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Yeah. I notice when I drive 65mph, the more often I nearly get sideswiped.... Why is that?

cause the general "speed" for freeway motorists is up ~80mph. which is why CHP is out there to tell ppl to slow down. everyone is starting to drive too fast for their comfort. (they being the CHP) cause the increase in speed is hazardous in an accident.

wilson1
03-13-2007, 10:45 AM
so it's at the southbay that they are doing the speed enforcement?

Ben
03-13-2007, 02:57 PM
I read in the paper that it's happening long 680 and 4 over in the Concord area.

mtsevovii
03-13-2007, 08:03 PM
southbay and east bay, from what ive seen. since thats my normal route.

PANGES
03-21-2007, 12:27 PM
ALOT of CHP out today on my way to work. Drive careful fellas.

player67
04-05-2007, 02:46 AM
The chargers and camaro chps are sky rocketing here in east bay. I saw 3 cops in a line at the offramp of hacienda in dublin at about 11pmish. With those damn parking lights on that give me the freaks. Kinda a kodak moment with all of their arms out the window with the radar haha

Ben
04-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Just so everyone knows to watch out if they are driving highway 4 going west past Morello in Martinez there's always CHP checking for speeders at the side of the freeway. Also 680 North and South between San Ramon and Danville.

xchoirboy
05-01-2007, 07:02 AM
Just so everyone knows to watch out if they are driving highway 4 going west past Morello in Martinez there's always CHP checking for speeders at the side of the freeway. Also 680 North and South between San Ramon and Danville.
Saw a CHP on 680 right by the Dublin exit under the underpass aiming for traffic heading towards SJ ... seems like I'm seeing more and more of them in the same area. Also saw one last night right after the truck scales on 580 W in Livermore.