PDA

View Full Version : Turbo timer help

DownSinceDaye1
07-05-2004, 12:14 AM
a guy at work wants to sell me his turbo timer ($60). i'd have to get my own wiring harness and then find a place to get it installed and all that good stuff. this is what i was hoping ya'll could help me with:

any type of turbo timer u recommend?
what's a good deal on a turbo timer? ($60 sounded good to me but then i remembered the wiring harness and install)
any good places to go in sacto to get it installed? (i was thinking midnight performance)

i haven't done my homework on this turbo timer stuff, and before i hit up the research i thought i'd come to my fellow norcalevo crew for help. any info/advice is appreciated. thanks!

EvoVIII
07-05-2004, 01:43 AM
Turbo Timer is really a piece of cake, you will get more headache once u really start to mod ur Evo :D

BluEvo
07-05-2004, 09:53 AM
all the turbo timers work fine. all in all the same. they come with different features. apexi, blitz, hks, greddy are all cool. blitz has a dual tt with boost reader also. you can pick up a harness for less than $18 at most shops. i have the apexi with the small pen style display. can easily mount anywhere. what brand is the guy at work selling you? btw the tt is pretty easy to install yourself when you have the harness.

T

Evo8andahalf
09-30-2004, 08:28 PM
hey i was gonna get the apexi one whered you mount yours just for ideas :D

jondukes
09-30-2004, 10:39 PM
all the turbo timers work fine. all in all the same. they come with different features. apexi, blitz, hks, greddy are all cool. blitz has a dual tt with boost reader also. you can pick up a harness for less than $18 at most shops. i have the apexi with the small pen style display. can easily mount anywhere. what brand is the guy at work selling you? btw the tt is pretty easy to install yourself when you have the harness.

T
sorry to invade this post ,but i have the same TT as you and what are your typical A/F readings?at idle and mid-throttle??i think my car is jacked up or TT is tripping out,would really help me thanks

BTW i mounted mine on bottom left of dash/guage plastic(clear plastic)only covers e-brake light and keeps me company at night,i noticed other places would get to much sun and melt/weaken mounting tape