PDA

View Full Version : Went to WORKS today...

sharkster
07-06-2004, 09:49 PM
Gotta hand it to the guys over at WORKS. Pete, Tyler and co are a really nice bunch of people (aka car geeks!) and being in the indsutry myself I very much enjoyed the visit. Closer to home I started messing about with the car and I'm so glad that P2Flash gets rid of the boost tapering off issue in stock mode. I hated that "falling on its face" affect of stock.... The power increase is obviously noticeable too. I wish we could flash Porsche's via the OBD2 port too but it's a bit of a "production"....

Thanks for giving me that ride JanSolo. Damn you, for making me want stuff.... They need to give you a commision lol!

I feel a rear sway is definately needed soon. The suspension was really fantastic. So little sway and despite the spring combination being as stiff as it was it didn't feel harsh at all.

The gearbox still feels a bit gummy to me (1s and 2nd) so maybe fixing things down there is a good next step. Now I just have to figure out an exhaust and DP and I'll be set for a while. I promise...

Cheers guys and see you soon. I'm leaving my wallet at home next time :twisted:

vtluu
07-06-2004, 10:05 PM
Ahem, just "WORKS", no "The". ;)

It seems that they like to spell their name in ALLCAPS. And everybody gets it wrong. Just like NVIDIA. :roll:

jbigelow
07-06-2004, 10:50 PM
WORKS and CO are the greatest!!!!!!

-jbigs

sharkster
07-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Ahem, just "WORKS", no "The". ;)

It seems that they like to spell their name in ALLCAPS. And everybody gets it wrong. Just like NVIDIA. :roll:

Doh! I'm such a n00b:P Regardless they are a great bunch of folks;)

JanSolo
07-06-2004, 10:58 PM
Thanks for giving me that ride JanSolo. Damn you, for making me want stuff.... They need to give you a commision lol!

I feel a rear sway is definately needed soon. The suspension was really fantastic. So little sway and despite the spring combination being as stiff as it was it didn't feel harsh at all.

Hope I didn't scare you on the old test drive. I'm not a track racing star with a 700hp Porsche like some folks. Next time, you need to come by with the Porsche and show us some crazy power.

sharkster
07-06-2004, 10:59 PM
WORKS and CO are the greatest!!!!!!

-jbigs

You're going to LOVE those Zeals. I rode in JanSolo's car and damn it was GLUED to the road either because of the coil overs or less likely because he went an VHT'd his mini-test track;)

sharkster
07-06-2004, 11:01 PM

Hope I didn't scare you on the old test drive. I'm not a track racing star with a 700hp Porsche like some folks. Next time, you need to come by with the Porsche and show us some crazy power.

The only thing you scared was my wallet lol. Seriously the car stock is impressive but with the Zeals and that rear sway bar you were doing things that my car would have curbed with... Track racing star lol:) Nah I'm a tweaker not a real driver. I'm still a n00b. It's funny the Porsche just doesn't seem happy doing lower speed tight turns. It's all that weight shifting that messes stuff up I think. It's got immense grip but at high speeds- until it begins to drift...

EvoVIII
07-06-2004, 11:40 PM
cool, hey does anybody know how much will it be to get the works TB and installed? I really want to get that, thx

BluEvo
07-07-2004, 12:16 AM
the tickering has begun. good buy man.

sharkster
07-07-2004, 12:25 AM
the tickering has begun. good buy man.

Yups. I "pssshh'd" my way home too. Gotta have some kinda exhaust/sound... I'll pop in a K&N filter too until WORKS comes out with that fancier one...

Problem is now I know I'll want to run more boost soon.

PS No more buying turbo cars as daily drivers...

V8KiLL3R
07-08-2004, 04:49 PM
guess i'll visit works when i come back home from my work trip.

kimmievo
07-08-2004, 07:27 PM
Just came back from there, got an oil change....I'm getting the Croxx plate installed on Monday. After that, I'm going for the P2!

jaytan
07-09-2004, 10:57 AM
i just went to there too .got the P2Flash . tyler are really nice guy . thx WORKS :lol:

sharkster
07-13-2004, 01:05 AM
how do you like it;p?

i'm lovin' it...

sharkster
07-17-2004, 01:19 AM
Oh oh a couple more mods today as well.. WORKS DP and those solid bushings at the bottom of that shifter contraption:) Oh and reflash....

Cheers guys. Still not loud in the cabin and passes the wife-o-meter:)

vtluu
07-17-2004, 07:37 AM
How does the shifter feel with the new bushings?

EVO GRIM
07-17-2004, 09:24 AM
Did you keep the stock cat-back w/ the works DP? Hows it sound/perform?

sharkster
07-17-2004, 11:25 AM
How does the shifter feel with the new bushings?

Trying to figure out a good adjective for it... A bit mroe harsh/precise? I like it though. Next time I'm at nvidia vising Sil and those guys I'll get them to call you so you can try it out.

sharkster
07-17-2004, 11:26 AM
Did you keep the stock cat-back w/ the works DP? Hows it sound/perform?

Well I have the axle back from WORKS. Do the DP and AB are WORKS but the cat and IP are still stock.... Sounds really good from the outside and so far it's not been irritating inside. A little louder than stock but not much, which is what I wanted.

kimmievo
07-17-2004, 01:38 PM
Got my Croxx plate put on today. Thanx guys! Oh, and Jan took out the shop car, I was riding passenger....obscenities were flying out of my mouth. Thanks for the fun ride!

JanSolo
07-18-2004, 10:40 AM
The shop car is too much damn fun. I know if I had more power, especially anything close to that thing, I wouldn't have a license. Next time, you really really need to drive, it Kimmie!

And I got my Endless Super Street Sports-S brake pads installed. Bedding them in was crazy - driving through an empty road in the ghetto in SF at 60 mph and then slamming the brakes as hard as you can till you're not moving. Repeat this 15 times or so you'd be hard pressed not to have a major case of whiplash.

Oh yeah.. the Endless pads are sweet and 0mph comes much more quickly once they get warmed up a tad. Now all I need is a good EOC event so I can show that Robi guy that thinks he can race what's up. ;)