PDA

View Full Version : selectable map options

steevo8
02-11-2007, 03:06 PM
I have done a buch of searching and turned up a few things but Im sure that I have over looked some also. I have a p2 flash now but eventually will need multiple maps for meth/track/street/ect. I am looking into getting a wideband but have been told that I should figure out what software&tuner Im going to be using first and then narrow down my wideband options. So for a mild street car (fp green or 50trim at most, with meth) What are my tuning options? Also Im in sonoma county so if anyone knows off the top of their head who's local and what they are using that would be great.

earlyapex aka jack ass
02-11-2007, 06:19 PM
COBB accessport is coming out for the EVO and will offer on the fly switching of maps without "flashing" the ecu.

It will come with base maps but you can also get COBB Pro-Tuned maps from local official COBB tuning tuners. This will be the best way to switch maps and it won't need a laptop.

Your other option is to get two tuned maps from a local tuner and swap between them using a laptop and ecuflash software.

As far as wideband, you can use any wideband that offers a monitor so you can see your wideband AFRs in real time in the car. If you also want to log them, you need to check with what software you will be using to log and see what brand widebands are compatible with them.

Hope this helps.

Matz
02-11-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm hoping for this, but not sure how it'll take to perfect this approach.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=250589

XVeloX
02-11-2007, 07:08 PM
i assume(hope) you can put your own maps on the COBB unit as well, so you don't HAVE to go to a COBB tuner?

as far as the evom thing, that just takes away some of the margin of error correct? if you start knocking while on the low octane (secondary tune) map it will take longer for the ecu to adapt and detune the car...

Matz
02-11-2007, 08:15 PM
as far as the evom thing, that just takes away some of the margin of error correct? if you start knocking while on the low octane (secondary tune) map it will take longer for the ecu to adapt and detune the car...

That's true. But luckily for us, Dynoflash has proven that the ECU is pretty good about not letting us blow up our engines. ;) I might try this someday.

XVeloX
02-11-2007, 08:23 PM

That's true. But luckily for us, Dynoflash has proven that the ECU is pretty good about not letting us blow up our engines. ;) I might try this someday.

true :lol: i had a similar experience... ignoring that fact then, imho i hope they do some more research on that, cause it seems to me like you could really screw things up if you aren't careful. Also, what were they suggesting to use as switch? I thought i had read someone say that you switch using evoscan, so since you have your laptop out, why not just have 2 seperate maps to flash between? i dunno, it also seems like it will only work with fuel and timing, if you have ECU controlled boost i dont think it's switchable...

to change boost it would go into "limp" mode correct? and i think although you might be able to change all of the limp mode maps, the ecu won't be acting like normal, shit i dunno, maybe this will work... :?

WWEvoIX
02-22-2007, 09:23 PM
but does anyone have an ETA on the cobb ap?

steevo8
02-22-2007, 09:26 PM
early june maybe

SpeedElement
02-22-2007, 10:47 PM
From what Andy told me, we can also use Apex'i S-AFC to piggyback the flash on the car with selectable maps.

turbosmurf02
08-27-2007, 01:08 AM
Back from the dead****

So conclusion is what? Im running bolts on with cams and stock turbo, later i want an ams kit but run 91 pump(maybe meth too).... and also 100+ gas map. Selectable map software? Bryan Or Andy wanna chime in for me :D

SJCoruja
08-27-2007, 10:06 AM
I have always been a BIG fan of my ECU+. Piggyback engine management, plus full logging and a great user interface. Bryan at GST tunes my 91 octane flashed ECU, then I play around with selectable maps in the ECU+ for things like 100 octane, low boost, etc. :D

turbosmurf02
08-27-2007, 10:27 AM
what piggy back?

SJCoruja
08-27-2007, 10:39 AM
what piggy back?

ECU+ www.ecuplus.com (http://www.ecuplus.com)

chrisw
08-28-2007, 03:32 PM
and if you want to buy a ECU+ , send me a PM. I have one sitting in a box unused.

oneillevo
08-28-2007, 11:48 PM
What would be great is if we could some how modify our Intercooler Sprayer switch to be a toggle to select different maps. Valet Mod, Street and Race Modes. LOL JK JK But the thought is nice.

earlyapex aka jack ass
08-28-2007, 11:56 PM
What would be great is if we could some how modify our Intercooler Sprayer switch to be a toggle to select different maps. Valet Mod, Street and Race Modes. LOL JK JK But the thought is nice.

Something like that is already working but still in beta. :)

oneillevo
08-29-2007, 12:13 AM
OMG Really? Damn sign me up for Beta Testing!

Matz
08-29-2007, 05:51 AM
man I haven't been on Aktive Matrix in months. I am way behind! So they found unused memory locations in the SH2?