PDA

View Full Version : RTP Question for Evo 8

Hot8Evo
02-17-2007, 11:47 PM
I just got a Megan Racing RTP and what do i need to clear the Check engine light?

evo8dustu
02-17-2007, 11:54 PM
theres a fix that gruppe-s sells for 10 bucks, gets rid of it

Hot8Evo
02-17-2007, 11:56 PM
theres a fix that gruppe-s sells for 10 bucks, gets rid of it

thanks.....

Matz
02-18-2007, 12:07 AM
If I'm not mistaken, there is an ECU patch for it as well, where they use the front O2 sensor and feed that to the code that looks for the rear sensor. I'll let you know if I can find that post and info on how to patch the ROM. $10 is a safe bet though for the cel fix hardware.

Hot8Evo
02-18-2007, 12:08 AM
If I'm not mistaken, there is an ECU patch for it as well, where they use the front O2 sensor and feed that to the code that looks for the rear sensor. I'll let you know if I can find that post and info on how to patch the ROM. $10 is a safe bet though for the cel fix hardware.

I prolly visit S.E on monday or teusday...

Matz
02-18-2007, 12:29 AM

Maybe I'll see you there if you go on Tuesday. I'm hoping to get some StopTech lines.

masurie
02-18-2007, 01:05 AM

ya they should have it in stock.....

earlyapex aka jack ass
02-18-2007, 01:10 AM

That is still in beta stage and only applies to one rom ID as far as I know.

Patience. ;)

dohcvtec
02-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Or you can go to Kragen and get the 2 spark plug anti foulers for a total of $4.
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=114931&highlight=mechanical+fix

Hot8Evo
02-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Or you can go to Kragen and get the 2 spark plug anti foulers for a total of $4.

Thanks but i 'll just buy the $10 to save me more drilling....

dohcvtec
02-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Ya, because drilling is really difficult. lol

AreSTG
02-20-2007, 02:50 PM

that's the Ghetto_DSM_Civic mod that caused a short in my harness blowing an ECU fuse whenever i ran into a puddle, i'll definatly be going anther route whenever i put my TP back on.

dohcvtec
02-20-2007, 03:27 PM

that's the Ghetto_DSM_Civic mod that caused a short in my harness blowing an ECU fuse whenever i ran into a puddle, i'll definatly be going anther route whenever i put my TP back on.

How did it cause a short? Did you cut wires?... that is strange.. I've had it that way for 8 months now, going through mud, puddles, snow no problems..

AreSTG
02-20-2007, 03:35 PM
i thought it was this thread, but guesse not.Â* I mentioned it a few days ago.

The o2 sensor is moved out farther and made it closed to the underbody.Â* When my exhaust shook(worst when starting) the o2 sensor was banging against the underbody, pinching the o2 sensor wires between the "casing" of the sensor, and the underbody, thus stripping the insulation.Â* Water would connect the bare wires and short the fuse to my ECU.

EDIT:
depending on your catback, maybe the angle is more horizontal than mine and this won't be a problem. Mine is an HKS, i don't remeber which.

dohcvtec
02-20-2007, 03:37 PM
ahh, crazy!

AreSTG
02-20-2007, 03:38 PM
ahh, crazy!

yea, shoulda seen me trouble shooting a constantly blown fuse. I definatly started in the engine bay....