PDA

View Full Version : JICs.. anyone tried them?

sharkster
07-10-2004, 11:58 AM
Heya guys, the shop is a JIC dealer and because of that I a can get one KILLER deal on a set for my EVO. Probably one or two more... Has anyone got them on their car and/or any thoughts? I've got them on the Porsche and they absolutely rock. Not moton's but light years ahead of PSS9s.

I'm going to talk to JIC on Monday so if anyone else is interested just PM or mail me to [email protected]. I know I can get one or two sets but no more than that.

As far as install goes and alignment, maybe you guys could take to Pete @ Works to do something over there;)

UPDATE: Price is 1560 guys. I can't get many and it will take about 3 weeks since they are coming in from Japan. Let me know via Email if you want in on it. First 3 are spoken for I can do another 3 and that's it:( [email protected]

Going to finalize the order either today at 5pm or in the morning.

Cheers!

Cheers!

vtluu
07-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Joe Harrison (http://www.joe250.com/) (joe250 on the "other" Evo board; he lurks here as well) has the JIC FLT-A2s on his heavily autocross-tuned Evo (this month's EvoM featured ride (http://features.evolutionm.net/article/evomfeatures/44)), and I'm thinking about getting them as well. Upgrade time frame is about 3-4 months out for me so I'll talk to you about it then. :)

JanSolo
07-10-2004, 04:26 PM
Ob4 has a set of JICs on his car, though they are a bit harsh for my tastes.

vtluu
07-10-2004, 04:32 PM
Ob4 has a set of JICs on his car, though they are a bit harsh for my tastes.
Sounds perfect. ;-)

GokuSSJ4
07-10-2004, 07:50 PM
OTC winner Robert Fuller had JIC's :wink:
all of the fastest guys at the EOC have JIC set up by John Mueller from RRE or his alignment set up.
check them out ! www.roadraceengineering.com

sharkster
07-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Joe Harrison (http://www.joe250.com/) (joe250 on the "other" Evo board; he lurks here as well) has the JIC FLT-A2s on his heavily autocross-tuned Evo (this month's EvoM featured ride (http://features.evolutionm.net/article/evomfeatures/44)), and I'm thinking about getting them as well. Upgrade time frame is about 3-4 months out for me so I'll talk to you about it then. :)

OKi dokes man. I'm about 99% sure on these. I've got them on the Porsche and just love 'em... I rode in Jan's Zeals and those were awesome too...

sharkster
07-10-2004, 09:41 PM
THanks for the feedback guys.. The price is so attractive it's hard to turn down.. Harsh or not;)

gt40
07-10-2004, 10:29 PM
My 2 cents:

First of, there are jic's and then there is something completely different:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/jicinfo.htm

RRE customized jic's are comepletely built to what you want to do with the car. Re-valved, custom spring rates etc. They completely disassemble them and trick them out with parts custom ordered and made by jic exclusively for rre. Stock, they are almost unusable imo with a washboard ride. RRE jic's rid almost like stock depending on what you ask for and much better handling.

A prime example:

Robi, speaking of his rre "muellerized" jic setup that helped him win the otc:

When we meet at the track I'll thank you for the 3+ seconds you'll give me by avoiding the RRE/JIC option
PS out of the last 5 speed venture events, the Open Touring Challenge, and the Evolution Owners Club (30+ EVOs every track day) RRE setups RULED ALWAYS FASTEST, ALWAYS TOP 3 and at least 3 seconds faster than the closest pretender.
Power=AEM-EMS controlled Buschur BR 500 stage V. Control=RRE+Buddy Club and John's"magic" setup Stopping= Performance Friction, Stoptech, Aero and supporting mods = Sparco (EVO2 seats) Vivid Racing, APR, and NIN (got to love those full carbon undertrays and functional GT wings)

All of us "muellerized" folks look forward to being more than 2 seconds faster than other suspension setups on track days...

Seriously, almost all of the fast cars at EOC events have had alignment, sway or coilover magic done by rre's john mueller. The fastest cars all had- guess? JIC's... I have had mine on going on 6 months and you just cannot go back.

Support? RRE will just handle it.

Setting up the suspension for your individual car and driving level is much more important than which coilover you have anyway. If you put a different product on but it isn't setup right you just have more issues. Go to a shop like rre that tests and competively races the stuff they sell- they will do you right.

John Mueller of rre, aside from being an instructor with the EOC, has been building winning racing suspensions for almost 20 years. He has been setting up evo's competitively since the evo VI and has over 60 track days dialing in the suspension for the evo VIII. He works with Zeal, buddyclub and other brands too.

ob4
07-11-2004, 03:22 AM
I've the jic's flt-a2s, they have aggressive compression damping. In stock form, they come with 10k(front)/9k(rear) springs. But I run different springs and have my own alignment setup and the car is corner weighted. Personally, I like to play around with different settings... is fun to try out different settings, see the results, find the settings that fit my driving style and hopefully I can learn something out of it. IMHO, setting good laptimes is only half the fun, finding right setting to do it is the other half.

The RRE setup would be a better choice if you don't want to play around with different settings and RRE knows their stuff, just look at Robi's lap time.

-ob4

robi
07-11-2004, 01:44 PM
yeah when John gives me my keys back after a setup for a track he always says DON'T F'n CHANGE ANYTHING! I'm old school I don't mess with things if they'er working :-). (doesn't mean I won't test others to improve the breed though) I like the ride and controll the Buddy Clubs give me, but untill we get the ride height equal with the JIC's the lap times will suffer a bit.(butt dyno 1/2 second/minute of laptime)

sharkster
07-12-2004, 12:18 PM
$1560, it'll take about 3 weeks and I can only get 2 or 3 more so Email me at [email protected] or [email protected] . Cheers!
Or feel free to call: 650-381-000

Thanks!

chrisw
07-15-2004, 05:58 PM
are these grey market imports? JIC's come with a warrentee. If for what ever reason you need warrentee support (I have seen it happen with JIC's) your basically SOL if they are grey market.

sharkster
07-15-2004, 09:46 PM
are these grey market imports? JIC's come with a warrentee. If for what ever reason you need warrentee support (I have seen it happen with JIC's) your basically SOL if they are grey market.

Hi Chris, no these are from JIC USA direct. I ordered a few sets today. I can order more again if need be, just let me know.

chrisw
07-16-2004, 10:03 AM
nah.. thanks for the offer but I already got a set of ohlins.

I had heard about this on the WRX message boards. It's not good for JIC or the imort tuning community in general. Just trying to keep a bad JIC experiance off an unwitting EVO driver.

[edit]
You got a great deal there. Good luck on the sales. 8)

sharkster
07-16-2004, 10:06 AM
Thanks Chris. I know their product rocks and so I'm standing by that. I use it on my cars and have had good experiences at the track;)