PDA

View Full Version : Minimum post count requirements for Classifieds

vtluu
03-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Speaking of Classifieds, I've noticed now and again that the first rule under "Rules For Classifieds (http://www.norcalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&topic=10728.0)", "Everyone is required to have at least 20 forum posts in order to create posts in the classifieds section", is never enforced.

Luckily I don't think we've had anybody abusing it; we have lurkers who never post except when they have something they want to sell, we have people who don't find out about NCE until they need to buy/sell something. Neither of which is unreasonable, I think. Still, the intent--I believe--of the rule was so members have a reasonable idea of who someone is before buying from them. Should NCE implement some automated way of enforcing this policy? Should moderators manually enforce it more strictly? Or should the rule be changed/abolished?

vtluu
03-05-2007, 02:56 PM
I think there should be automated enforcement. That way no moderators can be accused of playing favourites--one person's classifieds post gets deleted while another's isn't, that sort of thing.

awdaddict
03-05-2007, 03:15 PM
automated enforcement, you mean like Evom? :)
20 posts is like nothing :D
Definitely should enforce it.

vtluu
03-05-2007, 03:17 PM

EvoM hardly invented it. "Don't allow someone to post to a certain forum if their post count is below a certain number." It's not rocket science. ;)

That's easy for post-whores like you and me to say! :lol:

awdaddict
03-05-2007, 03:19 PM

EvoM hardly invented it. "Don't allow someone to post to a certain forum if their post count is below a certain number." It's not rocket science. ;)

That's easy for post-whores like you and me to say! :lol:

You only post whore when noobs give you the chances to.
Like... with that search GIF :lol:

BigEd925
03-05-2007, 03:45 PM
It should be 20 on topic posts, off topic post do not count towards your post count on evom. We have alot of classifieds with people signing up the same day just to post an ad. Our moderators hardly enforce the minimun post count rule nor do they enforce the huge amount of off topic posts we have.

awdaddict
03-05-2007, 03:47 PM
We need more mods :)

MarkSAE
03-05-2007, 03:50 PM
I'll vote for having a post count minimum before being able to post an ad.

drunk monkey
03-05-2007, 04:02 PM
while i think post count is a good idea. but i think if its auto enforcement, we will lose more ads,and wont have any frequent posts as the regulars can only sell so much i dont think the regulars really part out as much.i think the mods just to need to be notified or enforce it manually. i think its a better idea to have like a online agree ment contracts between sellers, kinda like issforums(shoe forum). basically stating seller will ship/meet up for xx amount for xx item between buyer. and if it goes throught fine get feedback like ebay.

Carlo

Matz
03-05-2007, 04:42 PM
I think the post count minimum is pretty useless. Like Carlo, I'd like to see a feedback module added to SMF instead... something like eBay or evom, even.

vtluu
03-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Well you could try http://www.tunerbid.com/ as Rob has suggested. But it doesn't seem to be getting much use.

lncrevoviii
03-13-2007, 11:42 PM
+1 on Tams idea of 20posts required to sell stuff on Classifieds. I agree with him 99.99%, the .01%, Somewhat Agree and Somewhat Disagree. No specified reason for the .01%, just trying to make things legit. :D

GokuSSJ4
03-15-2007, 08:30 AM
how about increasing the amount of posts that is require to post a new thread in the classifieds...
50 posts + minimum

awdaddict
03-15-2007, 08:38 AM
how about increasing the amount of posts that is require to post a new thread in the classifieds...
50 posts + minimum

Then you really have to try.. haha...
20 counts is like nothing.. casual posting.

missred
03-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Hence the reason why I have locked or deleted some that have not read or followed the rules. :D

mtsevovii
03-15-2007, 09:47 AM
:thumbsup: