PDA

View Full Version : This makes me sad to see this

CollinsT
07-14-2004, 03:19 PM
this is what happened to an evo not too long ago :(
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=0467ae48874e593d887152e75f5b8eb5&threadid=55221%20

BluEvo
07-14-2004, 04:36 PM
:?

EvoVIII
07-14-2004, 05:02 PM
where did this happen?

CollinsT
07-14-2004, 05:23 PM
hyway 9

V8KiLL3R
07-14-2004, 06:13 PM
:(

jaytan
07-14-2004, 06:34 PM
OH MAN :? .

vtluu
07-14-2004, 06:59 PM
:tisk: Too much car, too little skill...

EvoVIII
07-14-2004, 07:11 PM
where is hwy 9?

evo_dadi
07-14-2004, 07:31 PM
man i forgot that was an old thread :( hwy 9 starts from santa cruz and goes all the way up north then branches to different roads i.e. mine's,skyline to name a couple.lots of fun roads but with accidents like these happening more often pretty soon theyre gonna hve cops there patrolling regularly.

chrisw
07-14-2004, 09:10 PM
man i forgot that was an old thread :( hwy 9 starts from santa cruz and goes all the way up north then branches to different roads i.e. mine's,skyline to name a couple.lots of fun roads but with accidents like these happening more often pretty soon theyre gonna hve cops there patrolling regularly.

pretty soon?

between people on a "drive", the squids (crazy bikers) Rt 9 and skyline drive are already a cop fest...

evo_dadi
07-14-2004, 09:21 PM
oh i meant like what they have in socal where after they pull you over youre supposedly"blacklisted" so when they get you again in the same vicinity you get your car impounded and get fined.

sharkster
07-14-2004, 09:56 PM
It's sad to see that too. I have to say although I've gone many a time on a fun run up and down skyline (Highway 9) and some of the other curvey roads up there, it started to get a little crazy out there last year.

I'd go with a bunch of my Porsche buddies and then my friends with high HP Vipers and other cars started coming along. Too many people were having close calls. We'd go out early and because of the altitude and climate, the roads were always had a little dew. Finally, one Sunday morning I was drifting around one too many corners (apparently the cops call this turn "suicide turn") and I took it too hot. My Porsche being AWD and having PSM is quite forgiving (my R compounds aren't) and I managed to correct myself on this long sweeping off camber right hander. Unfortunately for my friend in his modded Viper ACR, with no ABS etc... wasn't so lucky. He lost it and could not correct and went straight into the barrier. The car was a salvage job... Looking back I had too many close calls as did some of my friends but that accident put things into perspective. I still drive hard on the street but try to hold back until going on the track.

Honestly, every single weekend there is someone with a hot car that wrecks up there. It's just been that way for years...

PS OK off my high horse now. I got busted in my own gated neighborhood today for going through a stop sign. Whoopee!

CollinsT
07-14-2004, 11:41 PM
such a nice car that has to have a tard driving it.

sharkster
07-14-2004, 11:43 PM
such a nice car that has to have a tard driving it.

LOL thanks;)

GokuSSJ4
07-15-2004, 12:07 AM
thats the bad thing about canyon roads , when you make a mistake (its not forgiven :? ) even at the track you have that risk . but at most tracks (depending which you choose) you are able to go off with no worries .

sharkster
07-15-2004, 12:09 AM
thats the bad thing about canyon roads , when you make a mistake (its not forgiven :? ) even at the track you have that risk . but at most tracks (depending which you choose) you are able to go off with no worries .

Yeps that's exactly right. Going to tracks like Buttonwillow and/or Thunderhill are great because you can't really hit any walls (unless you try lol)

ob4
07-15-2004, 12:22 AM
I am glad that the driver and the passengers were ok. I have been up to hwy9 a few times, it's fun, but not fun if you over drive your car and you ability. So please leave the crazy stuff on the track. I hate to see the local police and chp starts to profile Evo drivers as speeders and rackless drivers.

-ob4

CollinsT
07-16-2004, 01:17 AM
I am glad that the driver and the passengers were ok. I have been up to hwy9 a few times, it's fun, but not fun if you over drive your car and you ability. So please leave the crazy stuff on the track. I hate to see the local police and chp starts to profile Evo drivers as speeders and rackless drivers.

-ob4

Very true, Cops allready know the capabilities of the EVO so they allready watch us driving on the road

CollinsT
07-21-2004, 12:56 AM
bump

Boostd4
07-21-2004, 01:48 PM
There are parts of Hwy 9 that can be very technical...and there is always gravel on the road. I've made that run at least 30 time and I've always kept it just below crazy on the driving meter.

Save the hardcore driving for Thunder Hill.