PDA

View Full Version : s2k beating an evo?

brwnrice
07-15-2004, 08:43 PM
i was browsing through s2k forums and found this post (http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=217625) entertaining. it all started when a guy with an s2k claimed that he beat a 22psi-boosted evo with his s2000 with just bolt-ons, and then he has other videos of him beating a corvette and an nsx. it really raised a bs flag on my point that an n/a s2k can beat all those cars. in the end, he actually had a turbo:eek:

CollinsT
07-16-2004, 01:13 AM
what a weiner

coolguy949
07-16-2004, 01:37 AM
That S2K totally has a turbo in it....or a vortech. I hate when people lie.

Whooopasss
07-16-2004, 08:55 AM
I had an S2000 before I got the EVo and no way. with just bolt ons.. .. first he says

All my S2000 has (which by the way is MY s2000) is AEM cai, Spugen dual cat back exhaust, Apexi VAFC, Exedy stage 3 clutch and a 10 pound flywheel. The VAFC isan't even dyno tuned. And by noooo means would I EVER put NITROUS on my car! I like my motor just the way it is and don't want to be purchasing a new one anytime soon! The year is a 00' with just those simple bolt-ons.

Then he says

35 psi on stock internals, all day not even dyno tuned

head hurts again...

coolguy949
07-16-2004, 09:16 AM
LOL, 35psi on stock internals we'd see another Hiroshima in his engine bay LOL. Even with 10 - 15 PSI on stock internals.

However, a lightened flywheel on an S2k does give it some good gains from what i hear. If it was a stock evo and he had all those bolt ons he might have been able to beat the evo, especially on the top end. But if you look at the video, it looks like the Evo isnt even trying at all and the s2k gets in front of him.

If the S2k was boosted it would waste the evo though. We had a few at one of our track days and they were running 400+HP on superchargers.

Whooopasss
07-16-2004, 10:47 AM
yah.. boosted s2000 are hard to beat... very nice car.. I love the underside of the S2000.. very well designed car.. perfect balance as well..

toasty
07-16-2004, 02:29 PM
All of the clips are ok.
the EVO what not even trying, plus the EVO might have been stocked, versus a modified S2000, and maybe the S2000 had weight reduction on it.
Coupe VS. Sedan - who will you think will win.
:werd:

I would like to see the S2000 get caught by the cops :cop:

I am against street races, stupid guys like that will rune the days for the rest of us.
I dont want to get stopped by the cops, having the cop making stupid excuses to pull me over, just because guys like that who initate challenges like that.

:pissed:

MitsuMan
07-16-2004, 03:18 PM
:) i beat one last nite in san jose he had a blower and he held with me after my giant lauch (i call it the hole shot from hell) and then the road curved and I was doing about 90 and i lost my rear wheels

I talking full on drift for at least 7-8 car lengths the scariest thing i've ever done it was a silver lowerd s2k on bronze rims and w/exhaust

WRXTodd
07-16-2004, 08:38 PM
thats nothing i beat evos ALL THE TIME!! I HELLA SMOKE'EM! After i make them look bad from losing i like to get out of my car and gloat a little bit, talk some smack, you know how it goes, they try talk trash back... like "leave our dealership before we call security" or "the cars are parked." Its honestly kinda pathetic them trying to make excusses.

EvoVIII
07-16-2004, 09:12 PM
I think the Evo is trying it's best.... other wise he won't merge behind the S2k back at the end of the Vids, and it really depends on how fast they are going, I even feel my Evo doesn't pull hard enough on high end or at high speed, I raced a S2K with a huge exhaust and my Friend T67 big Turbo RX7, me and the S2k are about the same speed, I couldn't shake him off he couldn't gain on me, kinda Even, but my Evo are kinda modded u know

evo_dadi
07-18-2004, 07:00 AM
thats nothing i beat evos ALL THE TIME!! I HELLA SMOKE'EM! After i make them look bad from losing i like to get out of my car and gloat a little bit, talk some smack, you know how it goes, they try talk trash back... like "leave our dealership before we call security" or "the cars are parked." Its honestly kinda pathetic them trying to make excusses.

lol lmao :dumas:

Evo8andahalf
07-18-2004, 11:36 PM
i dont know, to me the evo doesnt look like its trying at all maybe it merged after the s2k because the lane ends or there was another car there?

EvoVIII
07-19-2004, 04:22 AM
how could the Evo not try and sorty keep up with the S2K during High ass RPM all of a sudden?

toasty
07-20-2004, 11:33 AM
Think that the EVO, was playing it safe to do this on the streets where there are traffic around.