PDA

View Full Version : Strange noise

kimmievo
07-16-2004, 09:12 AM
Hey All,

Lately I've been noticing when I downshift from 3rd to 2nd, and start to slow down, the dash starts vibrating with a strange noise. I've heard that there could possibly be something wrong with my tranny or clutch. Anyone else experience this noise? I only have about 3,200 miles on my Evo. Any suggestions or advice would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Kim

vtluu
07-16-2004, 09:27 AM
Last weekend after changing my tranny oil I took the car out for a few modest pulls up and down the road near where I live and I heard some weird, not intense but very sharp buzzing whenever revving at around 5200 rpm or so. Haven't heard it since though maybe it had something to do with me having the A/C running at the time. Or maybe it just took a while for the new oil to really work its way in to all the gears. Hmm.

EvolvedDSM
07-16-2004, 04:16 PM
Call me silly, but you might want to make sure your dash is secure before heading for the tranny/clutch ;)

kimmievo
07-16-2004, 04:34 PM
Yeah, well I am hoping it is something minor like a rattle in the dash. I had way too many people giving me a clutch/tranny scare, so I was looking at the bigger picture. Anyways, I am going to WORKS tomorrow to get my Croxx/skid plate installed. Hopefully they will be able to hear the noise and clue me in on what it could be.