PDA

View Full Version : Good Restraunt in San Jose

WRXTodd
07-20-2004, 09:51 PM
im gonna be taking a girl out to dinner in San Jose and was looking for some suggestions...

ez76
07-20-2004, 10:04 PM
When you say good do you mean tasty, fancy ($$) or both?

What part of San Jose?

WRXTodd
07-20-2004, 10:17 PM
both...

any...

ez76
07-20-2004, 10:43 PM
La Foret Restaurant (in Almaden - not a good vegetarian option)

Emile's (downtown)

kimmievo
07-20-2004, 11:06 PM
Blake's (San Pedro Square)
Bella Mia
I know it's not in San Jose, but La Fondue is quite nice also...It's in Saratoga

WRXTodd
07-20-2004, 11:40 PM
awesome! thanks for the help!

kimmievo
07-20-2004, 11:42 PM
Good luck! Let us know where you decide to go!

WRXTodd
07-20-2004, 11:58 PM
accually it kinda sucks, i had to cancel on her. My friend Dave (Airgiod) is in the Airforce and is getting shipped off on friday. Well i was gonna take the girl out Wed. night but thats the night that everyone is taking Dave out. I had to choose!
I dont think she was too happy about it either

kimmievo
07-21-2004, 12:05 AM
Well, hopefully you'll get a second chance...
If she likes you enough she'll forget about it in about a year or so....us females tend to hold grudges for a little bit. J/k
Anyways, if you do get the chance to take her out, and you really want to impress her, as I mentioned before, La Fondue is awesome. Very romantic, but a bit pricey. Ok, that's enough for my review....lol

NgohOiNei
07-21-2004, 10:00 AM
Pizza Antica (sp?) on Santana Row is pretty good. Tam took me there once..
He also took me to Gombei (sp?) in Japantown. That was very good as well. Good agedashi tofu.

DRFTR8
07-21-2004, 10:14 AM
Why San Jose...i suggest NOLA'S in Palo Alto...its New Orleans style with some fuzion... and the location is on University very high class and the price is great...the crowd is awsome..you would enjoy that ...

kimmievo
07-21-2004, 10:51 AM
Nola's can get really loud and busy at time though....If you want somewhere quiet to talk and get to know her, that's not the place. But University Ave is a nice area.

DRFTR8
07-21-2004, 01:55 PM
but if you want a NICE,QUIET,UPSCALE spot...then go to Kinkade's in burlingame or Jack London Square..both got great views of the SF...Both are water fronts..

toasty
07-21-2004, 02:28 PM
I love read these threads , and getting good idea for my g/f, when I take her out on dates.
:peace:

EVO GRIM
07-21-2004, 04:47 PM
Kinkade's will cost you BANK! Take her to drive thru then use the rest of the money to mod your car!

brwnrice
07-21-2004, 05:07 PM
Kinkade's will cost you BANK! Take her to drive thru then use the rest of the money to mod your car!

better yet a dinner in your car and just buy some seven eleven hot dogs and a slurpee

toasty
07-22-2004, 03:15 PM
:thumbsup:

Take her to drive thru then use the rest of the money to mod your car!
You should alway make your g/f or lady friend happy.
dont be cheap.

chris
07-22-2004, 04:54 PM
yep that way when they like to make u happy u never know they just might help you out buying some mods.

EvoVIII
07-22-2004, 04:59 PM
yep that way when they like to make u happy u never know they just might help you out buying some mods.
dude fuk yeah man, my friend got his girlfriend to loan him money to get a STi, omg how gay, but you know, Girlfriend are their for you to take care and love, plz don't be cheap to them, I rather spend a night takin her out to a 5star resturant and waste 200dollor then getting myself a Intake, ur car are always there for you, but your GF might not

toasty
07-22-2004, 05:30 PM
Very true, true that.
:thumbsup:

Plus, you cannot kiss your car like you kiss your g/f.
You can have some hanky-panky fun with your g/f but not your car.

vtluu
07-24-2004, 11:17 PM
Le Papillon in SJ is somewhat-fancy (with price to match).

Arcadia in downtown SJ is not bad; the head chef there is Michael Mina (of Aqua fame)... cuisine is innovative but not always good enough to warrant the price.

Satanic Row (a.k.a. Santana Row) has Straits Cafe which is pretty good and very trendy. Left Bank is not bad either. Blowfish Sushi is good but way overpriced--best sushi place south of SF is Higashi West in Palo Alto, IMO. Satanic Row is pretty trendy and a good date location but beware, the scenery can be distracting so mind your gaze. :twisted:

Chez TJ in Mountain View is nice as well, good price/performance, fairly quiet/intimate/romantic ambience as the restaurant is set up inside an old house with a small number of tables in each room.

If you really, REALLY want to impress her, take her to The French Laundry in Yountville (Napa). Considered by some food critics to be the best restaurant in the US... but be ready to pay $200 or so per person (more if you get the wine pairings). (BTW you typically need to make reservations about 2-3 months in advance... if you can get them at all.) If that doesn't get you laid I don't know what will. ;)

By and large the best restaurants are in the city: Gary Danko, Elizabeth Daniel, Fleur de Lys, Aqua are a few that come to mind; of course these are all pretty expensive. That being said it's also possible to get some really excellent food for a lot less.

Hope that helps...