PDA

View Full Version : 5 Zigen Pro Racer X Tube exhaust system.

TogueMonster
04-04-2007, 06:08 PM
This is the first I've heard/seen of this "X-Tube" style muffler. Anyone know anything about this one? The 5Zigen site is in Japanese. :?
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/thedriftking/IMAGE_027.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/thedriftking/IMAGE_029.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/thedriftking/IMAGE_031.jpg

craziazzmofo66
04-04-2007, 06:21 PM
looks like it just weighs alot...........maybe it affects the sound?

is it suppose to be for an evo?

TogueMonster
04-04-2007, 06:22 PM
looks like it just weighs alot...........maybe it affects the sound?

is it suppose to be for an evo?

Yes.

lqdchkn
04-04-2007, 06:23 PM
I've seen "X" or "H" exhaust systems on cars with "V" type engines with True dual exhaust. Â*The theory is that it helps minimize the pressure diffences between the left and right banks exhaust, improving the the scavenging effect. Â*Since we have a single exhaust system that this splits then remerges together I'd say it was useless and probably a restriction to flow. Â*

Leave it for the show cars.

bzzbee2
04-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Cool, i made it to Nor-Cal!

Yes, this is for the evo. I had it installed on my car about 2 days after i took those pics. Fittment is great. Sound is great. Looks pretty much stock as it was made for JDM bumper. So with the usdm bumper it dosent stick out at all. I also installed a Bushur DP and a High Flow Cat from RRE.

No i did not pay retail for this. I dont think i could justify spending that much money. I got a extremely good deal on it and have been informed through the grapevine that this might be the first one that 5zigen has actually shipped to the US. As for the weight, it is significantly lighter than the stock setup.

I put up video of the sound of it on google video a couple days after it was installed, but since then the tone has changed a bit. I also got some pics of it on the car which i will post sometime soon.

Vicious
04-30-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm a bit skeptical about how taking one 3" airflow and splitting it into two to meet up at 1 again later is a good thing. It looks like the bends would hinder airflow, and there would be a lot of turbulence created when they met up again. Further, it would weigh more than a single tube.

Evo's not a Vx engine, so keeping exhaust from each side of the motor separate is not necessary to increase airflow.

bzzbee2
04-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Yes it may weigh a bit more than a single 3" pipe, but it is still significantly lighter than the stock setup. I also agree that X-pipes are most beneficial to dual bank motors. As far as the bends... I have seen some after market pipes with much more drastic bends.

Only a dnyo will tell if its giving me more power. (it sure feels like it). I am currently in the process of moving to Las Vegas. Once i get settled in i will look for a place to do some dyno testing over the stock setup.

It definitely is different than what we are used to seeing on a an evo.

EvoRicer
04-30-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm a bit skeptical about how taking one 3" airflow and splitting it into two to meet up at 1 again later is a good thing. It looks like the bends would hinder airflow, and there would be a lot of turbulence created when they met up again. Further, it would weigh more than a single tube.

Evo's not a Vx engine, so keeping exhaust from each side of the motor separate is not necessary to increase airflow.

The Evo X is a 4 cyclinder but will have Dual Exhausts...

lqdchkn
04-30-2007, 07:23 PM

You sure it won't just have a twin tip. :?

EvoRicer
04-30-2007, 07:36 PM

You sure it won't just have a twin tip. :?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=5212

Theres a picture at the link above of the Dual Exhaust set up. Wouldn't a Twin Tip just mean 2 tips next to each other? Dual Exhausts split and there is a tip on each side of the rear...

bzzbee2
04-30-2007, 07:40 PM
heres a pic of it on the lift at SRT Motorsports

well i cant seem to attach any photos. and it wont let me link the photos...

awdaddict
04-30-2007, 07:44 PM
that's because the link is 403 forbidden.

bzzbee2
04-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Link is working everywhere else. I posted the pics on SoCal evo.

bzzbee2
04-30-2007, 07:52 PM
http://tonybert.com/images/04.jpg

Vicious
04-30-2007, 08:11 PM

Can't tell cause no one has seen one on a lift yet, but it's probably a single exhaust that goes into a final resonator chamber and exits on both sides of the car, a la S2000.

PANGES
05-01-2007, 11:48 AM

Can't tell cause no one has seen one on a lift yet, but it's probably a single exhaust that goes into a final resonator chamber and exits on both sides of the car, a la S2000.

aka a la SRT-4 ;)

uhoh_evo
08-20-2007, 04:54 PM
So uhm... Does this help in power er not?

dl_EVO
08-20-2007, 05:05 PM
I think it would be the same concept as a 4-2-1 header vs. a 4-1 header I think..

Why does a 4-2-1 produce more power then a 4-1? 4-2-1 looks like it creates tons of turbulence when it meets at the collector but it does indeed make more power.

Maybe since the air is split up into smaller volumes then it can travel at faster speeds?

I don't know, theres my crack at it. I'm probably wrong though..LOL :lol:

dl_EVO
08-20-2007, 05:06 PM
maybe one of our local tuners can chime in on the subject.

uhoh_evo
08-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Concept sounds correct but then you dun see many cars out there w/ this. So yea, local tuners? Answers?

awdaddict
08-20-2007, 06:43 PM
There won't be any answer unless someone has one of this exhaust and put it on a dyno.

bzzbee2
02-27-2008, 10:22 PM
I will get it put on a dyno soon. I have had other exhausts on the car, my butt dyno says its all about the same. The only difference is that this sounds 100% better now that i got my GSC S1's