PDA

View Full Version : interest for next meet on AUG.1 @ japantown SAN FRANCISCO

jbigelow
07-25-2004, 09:51 AM
hey norcalevo.

how about we make that next meet at the JDM THEORY car show on sunday AUG. 1 at japantown SAN FRANCISCO. we should all preregister as a group and represent norcalevo.net. they are gonna close off the street so it would be cool to have 30-50 evos as a group.

JAN, what do you think of this as the next meet?

went last year with the 350z group (when i had my 350z) and boy did the 350z represent (45 350zs). also last year the wrx guys represented and the silvia guys represented, etc....

here's the info:

JUNIOR w/ JDM THEORY HERE - you all attended the Japan Town Cherry Blossom Festival w/ your beautiful cars and I would like to see if any of you would like spoonsorship for the next show here in Japantown? This sponsorship includes free car registration and premier parking during the 13th annual OBON FESTIVAL in Japantown on August 1st, 2004. NO COSTS TO YOU - I will pay for your attendance -This show is much larger than the Cherry Festival and we have a full street closure this time form the Miyako Hotel to Webster- The POST STREET is a full street closure! PLease let me know if you're interested and we can chat more abut it...here's some detials about it:

THERE ARE A TOTAL OF 2 EVENTS FOR YOU GUYS TO COME TOO!

#1 show IS THE *FREE* car meet/showcase in the parking garage under the KABUKI THEATER in the Japantown Mall on JULY 25th, 2004 - FREE CAR REG and FREE ADMISSION to all types opr cars (makes and models) - you just pay parking and it's around $4-$10 depending on where how long you stay - FUNCTION BEFORE FASHION SUMMER EVENT in J-town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like the one in JANUARY - over 450+ cars - this time I will have the staff at the garage leave the ventilation fans on all morning and day. Also, make it mandatory to have all cars' engines turned off and alarms left on VALET! The event is 10am-3pm

As always, free general admission to anyone who wants to enjoy the car showcase NO CAR REGISTRATION FEE's and TON's of "FREE" FUN FOR EVERYONE! The last show is on the 360 video release #10 THE STANDARD www.360vm.com <http://www.360vm.com> - go buy it! U might see your car on 360 video!

#2 CAR SHOW is the following SUNDAY AUGUST 1st and this is the BIG ONE! Larger than the CHERRY BLOSSOM FESTIVAL and a larger street closure for just the cars! it's 11am-4pm and *FREE to everyone - Car registration is $18 for pre-reg thru [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> or $25 at the gate the day of the event - save $$ and pre-reg - ALL MAKES AND MODELS from VW's, to FORDS, and IMPORTS....... be there!

MitsuMan
07-25-2004, 01:27 PM
wait whats this An event on a sunday I'm so excited lets go please huh? can we can we hmn? :P

EvoVIII
07-25-2004, 04:05 PM
I hate going to SF, those road are gonna fuk up my Suspension and my Lip

JanSolo
07-25-2004, 05:06 PM
I'm down with it since I am going to be there anyhow (and going to skip out on the SoCal meet). Count me in.

V8KiLL3R
07-25-2004, 05:07 PM
Gonna try to be there.....

EvoVIII
07-25-2004, 06:12 PM
where we gonna park? should we enter as NorcalEvo?

jbigelow
07-25-2004, 07:04 PM

hey EvoVIII,

roads aren't that bad. i have zeal coilovers and by next week a do-luck front lip too. my z was low with a bodykit and it wasn't bad at all.

-jbigs

Gruppe-S
07-25-2004, 08:05 PM
c'mon Douglas, you need to grow some balls and drive your car to this event! ;) That Do-Luck Lip is tight!

Cal

EvoVIII
07-25-2004, 11:11 PM
man, I even scratch the Botton going back into my garage.... okok so who's going to this event? maybe we could roll together down there

jbigelow
07-25-2004, 11:28 PM
man, I even scratch the Botton going back into my garage.... okok so who's going to this event? maybe we could roll together down there

oh hell yeah!!!!!

man, 2 weightless whites with do-luck front lip scraping (j/k :D)

i'm in.

let's get this ball rollin'.

i'll start (copy and paste)

1) jbigelow

JanSolo
07-26-2004, 09:42 AM
1) jbigelow
2) JanSolo

webguy330i
07-26-2004, 10:59 AM
I'm down, but are we actually going to be organized or just showing up?

EvoVIII
07-26-2004, 11:12 AM
I'm down, but are we actually going to be organized or just showing up?
yeah thats what I wanna know, I wanna show off my baby

jbigelow
07-26-2004, 01:04 PM
this is what junior from JDM THEORY said to me today:

John!

Hola Amigo! I remember you and saw your old 350z for sale in San Jose at a dealership! How the hell are you!? I hope you're doing well..... We do have quite a bit evo's already registered but would love to have more! The WORKS RALLY cars will be there with about 4-5 of them and a few others but I can definetly give your group enough space for you to show off your evos - 30-40 huh? are you sure that's right? wow! last time you got about 30 350z to showoff and that was awesome! I can get you a group rate as well , not much of a discount but enough to have pocket change..... loved your 350z so i can't wait to see your evo.....your car is even on the OBON festival flyer! let me know asap as I need to make room idf you really want all that space for your cars....also, roll in / vehicle check in is at 8:00am in J-town and staging begins promptly at 8:30am.... the SFPD is really strict with the police street closure and the barricades. tey dont want 200 imports in the streets all at once,,,,,, please get back to me sooner than friday...call me up.... peace JOHN!

JUNIOR

>From: John Mendoza <[email protected]>
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: hey junior: about car show on aug.1
>Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:13:45 -0700 (PDT)
>
>my name is john mendoza from www.norcalevo.net
>
>the norcalevo crew is interested in the car show this coming weekend and would love to have some space alotted for the group of evos. is this possible if i ive you a head count by friday?
>
>anyways, is alan still with jdm theory? tell alan hi from me. i was the white nismo nissan 350z in your first jdm theory show. i now have an evo.
>
>we are trying to get 30-40 evos at the show.
>
>let me know about the allotted space for the evos,
>john
>
>
>---------------------------------
>Do you Yahoo!?
>New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - 100MB free storage!

jbigelow
07-26-2004, 01:06 PM
so let's start this list of who's going guys and i'll talk to junior about how many of us are going.

would love to see the mass numbers that came out during the MPJ/GB motorsports meet.

so let's meet up guys/gals!!!!!!! :D

1) jbigelow
2) JanSolo

JanSolo
07-26-2004, 01:35 PM

I'd worry more about your clutch on the SF hills.

webguy330i
07-26-2004, 02:07 PM
I drove around the hills just fine. =/

It's all about engagement BEFORE you give it the gas.

jaytan
07-26-2004, 06:02 PM
hey guys . i'm in for sure . :D

jbigelow
07-26-2004, 07:22 PM
ok, i updated the list.

1) jbigelow
2) JanSolo
3) webguy330i
4) evoVIII
5) jaytan

go ahead and copy, and paste, and add your name if you're in.

jbigelow
07-28-2004, 10:23 PM
ok, there seems to be little interest in this show from the norcal peeps so i guess i'll not waste jdm theory's time on getting a spot for the norcal evo crew since space is limited for the show.

let me know your thoughts since you have to pay up front for the discount rate.

-jbigs

thomas
07-30-2004, 12:39 AM
sorry bigs. got work this weekend. have fun though, and represent.

remember, dont drink and drive...you might spill your drink.

ARVSHOP
07-30-2004, 02:55 AM
I'm coming!! i havent seen any of you guys in a while!!!

jbigelow
07-30-2004, 09:13 AM
see you guys sunday if anyone is going. i'll be rolling in with with a buddies aftermarket shop.

-john

EvoVIII
07-30-2004, 10:52 AM
..... i am assuming we don't have enough car to get a spot huh...

jbigelow
07-30-2004, 11:34 AM
..... i am assuming we don't have enough car to get a spot huh...

hey evoVIII,

you don't need a set number to show, but if you do want to show with a number of evos, let me know asap who is going FOR SURE so i could e-mail junior on who is going and he will do a spot for norcalevo.

also, you have to be there between 8:00-8:30 am to get a spot for the show. the sf pd will not let people through the barricaded show lot after 9:00 am.

let me know asap,
-john

brwnrice
08-01-2004, 05:08 PM
just got back from this show and it's sad to say that it sucked! good thing is that jbigs won best jdm evo i think.

jbigelow
08-01-2004, 07:25 PM
just got back from this show and it's sad to say that it sucked! good thing is that jbigs won best jdm evo i think.

man, i thought there would be a massive show of cars like the first one JDM THEORY put on. about 400 cars showed up at the first one.

anyways, i got to play and talk to old friends and meet new ones.

man brwnrice, i wish i could of talked to you. haven't seen you in a long time. oh well, next time.

i got a trophy, and i guess it's for best jdm mitsu evo. :)

till the next meet jerrold,
john

brwnrice
08-01-2004, 07:46 PM
i was looking for you actually but you were nowhere to be found. saw the small tropy infront of your car.....nice!

jbigelow
08-01-2004, 09:20 PM
i was looking for you actually but you were nowhere to be found. saw the small tropy infront of your car.....nice!

DAMN..... guess we just missed each other!!!!!!