PDA

View Full Version : PRIVATE TRACK DAY

DRFTR8
07-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Ok guys, here is the deal...
My friend who gets Thunder hill for his private track day for his Bike Crew the Canyon Strafers is helping me organize a track day for just the EVO club..NO ELSE, so we can use the track all day long... i want to know who wants to do this, i need atleast 40 or so people to go..the more people who go the cheaper the price for this will be. The price of the track use include photos of the cars,track photo, safety crew...etc. right now i dont have a date or price cuz i need to know who will come. If we cant get enough EVOs out there then im thinking of letting some STIs out with us...but like i said i would like it to be just the EVOs...so whats up, who wants to run their car out there instead of the streets...

*NOTE* the location is changed to Button Willow for Aug.13th 9-3 pm , West Loop...
read on to find out the update..but we have that date reserved...

brwnrice
07-26-2004, 03:12 PM
mike, i'll be interested. just got to buy my ferodo's first.

webguy330i
07-26-2004, 03:15 PM
Mike you fool you best put me on the list!!

J, you wanna do a brake fluid change one of these days? I am in dire need.

JanSolo
07-26-2004, 03:17 PM
mike, i'll be interested. just got to buy my ferodo's first.

Bah! Get some Endless pads. ;) I got them and love em.

JanSolo
07-26-2004, 03:18 PM
Oh and put me down on the list. I am dying for a track day ever since the July EOC was cancelled. :(

DRFTR8
07-26-2004, 03:21 PM
oh i know who wants to go from my friends but i we need more heads to go there...plain and simple dont just pimp your EVO show us what your EVO can do.. i know chris,jerrold,jan,terrance and evo_dadi will go but we need more heads to roll up..spread the news.. cuz im so positive we can do this... hey Jan we can make is a Norcalevo event if you think we can get alot of heads to show up...

DRFTR8
07-26-2004, 03:22 PM
Jan if your lady wants to test out the suspension she will be the only Subaru on the track...

nebolic
07-26-2004, 03:34 PM
:bow: Mrs. Solo will probably smoke us all :skid: Utec and Ohlins

Nebo

DRFTR8
07-26-2004, 03:37 PM

Nebo

i know right...but it will be good to get to know the car and its limits...

JanSolo
07-26-2004, 03:46 PM
hey Jan we can make is a Norcalevo event if you think we can get alot of heads to show up...

Definitely. I think it would be great to have a NorCalEvo track day.

brwnrice
07-26-2004, 03:50 PM
Mike you fool you best put me on the list!!

J, you wanna do a brake fluid change one of these days? I am in dire need.

yeah lets do it. already printed out the bleeding sequence and everything.

-jan, how much those endless pads go for? saw a ferodo pads deal at evom (2500, front, back) plus ss brake lines for $330

SouthernCrane
07-26-2004, 03:55 PM
I'd like to go, but I need to know the details before I can say for sure.

DRFTR8
07-26-2004, 03:59 PM
OK cool, then its on...ill get all the info and requirements for everyone...but i will make this happen

JanSolo
07-26-2004, 04:06 PM
yeah lets do it. already printed out the bleeding sequence and everything.

-jan, how much those endless pads go for? saw a ferodo pads deal at evom (2500, front, back) plus ss brake lines for $330

Depends on the pad of course. I got the Super S Sports for a decent price from Pete. Give him a call and find out.

JanSolo
07-26-2004, 04:09 PM

Past 4000rpm, her Subaru is a beast. FEAR IT!

GReddy_917
07-26-2004, 04:20 PM
I'd like to go, but I need to know the details before I can say for sure.

My words exactly.

EVO GRIM
07-26-2004, 04:23 PM
Depends on the date but I'm in. We should invite some subys so we have someone to pass.

najib32
07-26-2004, 05:28 PM
im in....stock but not for longgggg

WRXTodd
07-26-2004, 08:16 PM
i could "borrow" daves evo and come out

robi
07-26-2004, 08:22 PM
DATES? I smell a ROAD TRIP! Jan, think I can Ohio hustle my stage V into the 1:59's ? Oh small world my friend bought the "V" chopped stage 2.756453 whatever on E-bay for 36K Damn that's a steep discount on the origional pricing!

GokuSSJ4
07-26-2004, 08:38 PM
Oh and put me down on the list. I am dying for a track day ever since the July EOC was cancelled. :(
WOW !!! Jan is actually going to track the car , ABOUT TIME :lol:
put me down im interested

JanSolo
07-26-2004, 08:55 PM
DATES? I smell a ROAD TRIP! Jan, think I can Ohio hustle my stage V into the 1:59's ? Oh small world my friend bought the "V" chopped stage 2.756453 whatever on E-bay for 36K Damn that's a steep discount on the origional pricing!

Did your friend buy the Vishnu Stage 3 Evo, aka the stroker with a 3037? If I remember correctly, the owner wanted 40k for it.

robi
07-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Yeap! Put it on E-bay and sold it!

garrick70
07-26-2004, 09:35 PM
Count me in! You let me know the date, and I will deffinately be there.

evo_dadi
07-26-2004, 11:05 PM
interested on thunderhill track day

1.drftr8
2.brwnrice
3.webguy330i
4.evo_dadi
5.jan solo
6.southerncrane
7.greddy_917
8.evo grim
9.najib32
10.robi
11.garrick70

this is just a list of whoever's interested so its not solid yet till we get offical words from mike :D

DRFTR8
07-26-2004, 11:52 PM
ok guys heres the issue i have...
1. the track date thats avaliable will be a weekday..weekends are booked till next year at Thunder Hill but we are checking Sears Point also
2. the next space open for our club ONLY will be in Nov. which will give guys to prep their car ( buys parts,tires,upgrades)
3. we can share the track with another club if you guys want it soon
4. If we cant get enough heads to go we will be forced to get another club in with us like the STI, VW or even an Audi crew

But i want this to be a TOTALLY EVO track day, so we need ALL the EVOs out there to sign up...if we do this we will need the number of guys who are dead on in going..cuz i will need to collect the money from them and that will gaurantee a spot for you.
If we join another club we might not get all the guys who wants to go cuz there will be limited space so if 30 wants to go and there is only a sopt for 10 then that sucks and also we might get into a confrontation with those cocky drivers who think they are the shit.
*NOTE if any clubs who are signed up for the track on an earlier date cancels then we can take their spot.
I got the list whos going but like i said if we can get more to show up then we can do this or if you guys want to invite your friends to run also then that will be cool..just remember that this is our day so we wouldnt like it if a herd of other imports show up...

SouthernCrane
07-27-2004, 07:14 AM
If it's during the week, I don't think I will be able to go. Weekends are much better, I can wait until next year :)

jstockdale
07-27-2004, 08:21 AM
I'd be down ... but not in December or the first few days of Jan. Weekends would be better, but a Friday or another weekday would be doable as well.

Unless of course we manage to hit one of my midterms or something on the same day ... then I'd have to bail.

-S ...

JanSolo
07-27-2004, 08:23 AM
If it is a weekday, I will take the day off for this. Thunderhill is one of my favorite tracks and I would love to see if Robi can get below 2:00s.

DRFTR8
07-27-2004, 08:49 AM
going to check and finalize this today so i can have info for you guys

DB8GSR
07-27-2004, 09:00 AM
Count me in!! Don't matter if it's a weekday or not.. i'm derr!!

If we do thunderhill... can we do clockwise!! 8)

DRFTR8
07-27-2004, 09:11 AM
*NOTE: PLS ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST THAT EVO_DADI STARTED SO I KNOW HOW MANY HEADS WE HAVE....THANX*

if we have the track all to ourself i think we can ask... also we will have instructors for the newbies and the day will be broken into group... beginners( HOW? ), Intermediate (AHA IM GETTING IT) and the pro( OUT MY WAY BIATCH) but if you guys want to run all in the same time thats cool too...im just giving you guys options... so give me feed back, no just remarks...i want this day to be a custom track day..the way we need it...thanx guys

hagakure
07-27-2004, 12:21 PM
I am definitely interested.

Percy Howard

hagakure
07-27-2004, 12:22 PM

1.drftr8
2.brwnrice
3.webguy330i
4.evo_dadi
5.jan solo
6.southerncrane
7.greddy_917
8.evo grim
9.najib32
10.robi
11.garrick70
12. Hagakure

DRFTR8
07-27-2004, 01:18 PM
*UPDATE*
ok guys here is another option i have...we can run button willow raceway on August 22..thats a sunday... here is the info that you guys might want to check out...this is located near bakerfield so thats between us and the Socal group...i invited them also...

31 space RV hook-ups with water and electricity
Grassy picnic and play areas for families and spectators
Minimal commercial signage creating ideal photographic background
Direct I-5 Freeway access

126 miles north of downtown Los Angeles
196 miles south of San Jose
28 miles northwest of Bakersfield
1/2 miles west of I-5 on Lerdo Highway
60 miles from Paso Robles "Wine Country" and gateway to central coast recreation

Three separate tracks
Combined track configuration of three miles
Separate west track of 1.86 miles
Separate east track of 1.06 miles
All tracks can be run in both directions
36' track width, 40' on front straight
Exceptional safety with minimal walls and hazards
Moderate climate allows year round use
Main straight 3,800 feet in length - usable as a test drag strip
Various turn bankings up to 10%, negative camber turns, crowned turns similar to street courses and fast elevation changes.
Skid pad 300' x 305'
Multiple (more than 30) race and test configurations, purpose designed to emulate street and road racing courses
A full spectrum of safety equipment on site or available by advance arrangement
Paved and landscaped paddock, accommodates 700 race cars on pavement
Race fuel on site
Concessions and souvenirs available

DB8GSR
07-27-2004, 01:33 PM

1.drftr8
2.brwnrice
3.webguy330i
4.evo_dadi
5.jan solo
6.southerncrane
7.greddy_917
8.evo grim
9.najib32
10.robi
11.garrick70
12. Hagakure
13. DB8GSR

webguy330i
07-27-2004, 02:41 PM
Mike what do we need for the BW track? How many peeps and what's the cost looking like?

JanSolo
07-27-2004, 02:44 PM
I prefer Thunderhill over Buttonwillow ever since I saw the WRX go up in flames after they slammed into a wall @ 70mph. But count me at either track.

DRFTR8
07-27-2004, 02:49 PM
well the cost will be lower...for the usage of the whole track will be 3800 that includes everything...i have all he things we need..insurace and such... now if you guys want to pay less then we need 40+ people..that will include peeps from Socal too..i have a post on their site also and some has replied on going ... with the BW track we can get that next month on the 22nd which will be a sunday for those who cant go on a weekday...im just trying to make it work for EVERYONE... i know its a drive to go there but so will it be for the SoCal crew.. it would be nice to meet some of those guys from that crew...

We can make this an event if you guys want to with trohpies and such...oh no price money..Also i want to incourage Tyler from Works to sell some products there from their shop.. that will be cool...a little upgrading too is fine...

hagakure
07-27-2004, 02:51 PM
definitely like the sunday option better, especially if there will still be instruction available.

Percy Howard

webguy330i
07-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Mike sounds dope dude! Damn that's un pico dinero bro! :D

If we snag 20 people to go, that's less than $200/person for an entire day of tracking. How can you go wrong??

DRFTR8
07-27-2004, 03:02 PM
Yeah there will be instructors there to help out the newbies...and we all have to be careful on either track, if a newbie cant drive like a pro they shouldnt even try..remember these are your babies so we all have to watch out for one another...but i feel BW cuz it will be cheaper on us and we can have it sooner... i know there are some guys who want TH but it will be on a weekday and it will be on Nov or even Dec. for a private track day...

DRFTR8
07-27-2004, 03:05 PM
check out the track...http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com

it will be track 25 or 26 that we will be using...

JanSolo
07-27-2004, 03:30 PM
A couple reasons to be extra careful on some of the turns on Buttonwillow - specifically ones with walls.

http://www.jansolo.org/images/buttonwillow/WRX/wrx2.jpg

http://www.jansolo.org/images/buttonwillow/WRX/wrx3.jpg

http://www.jansolo.org/images/buttonwillow/WRX/wrx4.jpg

http://www.jansolo.org/images/buttonwillow/WRX/wrx5.jpg

DRFTR8
07-27-2004, 03:40 PM
wow.... now that sucks, thanx for the look out Jan...we just need to be extra careful...jan do you have a number that i can call you on..i wanted to discuss the track day with you...PM me

GokuSSJ4
07-28-2004, 09:24 AM
1.drftr8
2.brwnrice
3.webguy330i
4.evo_dadi
5.jan solo
6.southerncrane
7.greddy_917
8.evo grim
9.najib32
10.robi
11.garrick70
12. Hagakure
13. DB8GSR
14.GokuSSJ4 (interested on BW) since is a weekend

ogvw
07-28-2004, 10:44 AM
count me in for t-hill!

EvoVIII
07-28-2004, 11:11 AM
8/22?? do I get discount on my birthday?

07-28-2004, 01:24 PM
me too, mine is on aug 12, sign me up for private track day

DRFTR8
07-28-2004, 01:41 PM
Ok guys this just got better now...well it was worst then better...first off this morning when i called to complete the contract for the track date of the 22nd, someone beat me to it so the NEW date will be on Aug. 13th which is a friday..i know its friday the 13th so we need to watch ourselves when your on the track. its a starts the weekend of right so request that friday off now so you have that day for US... now where its gets better, I want to inform you guys that we will have Works and other EVO Tuners who will be there..now Jan is working on getting some things to be raffled off. Also there will be some guys from Socal going to this event, i will try to get some BBQ items so that we will have food for those guys who cannot bring food...i dont know if we can BBQ there but im sure we will find a spot to do it so that we can feed you guys..this will be a BIG meet for ALL of us so pass the word around...but i will post the info you will need from me in a bit...also i will need money from the guys who are certain they are going...

JanSolo
07-28-2004, 02:58 PM
I have called a few tuners and so far, they seem interested in attending and showing what their cars can do. We might be having a tuner time trial, as well. Anyhow, I would prefer to think of this event as a combination NorCalEvo/SoCalEvo meet and track day, with various tuners trying to kick each others asses on the track.

DRFTR8
07-28-2004, 03:00 PM
The track has been has been reserved for that day from 9-3pm but get there early to get a spot on the paddoc... i will start collecting the deposit from the guys who are definate...PM me with your # so i can gather info from you

thx247
07-28-2004, 04:13 PM
I'd worry more about the Lost Hill turn more than I would worry about Sunset (where the wrx hit the wall). When you drive Sunset you can see how much you would have to try to hit the wall. Lost hill imo is alot harder to go over quickly than turn 5 on Thill.

Are you guys sharing the paddock with another group or something? There is tons of space there normally.

BBQ's are fine over there as well. The snack shack can be open if they have a guarantee of 400 bucks.

DRFTR8
07-28-2004, 04:42 PM
I'd worry more about the Lost Hill turn more than I would worry about Sunset (where the wrx hit the wall). When you drive Sunset you can see how much you would have to try to hit the wall. Lost hill imo is alot harder to go over quickly than turn 5 on Thill.

Are you guys sharing the paddock with another group or something? There is tons of space there normally.

BBQ's are fine over there as well. The snack shack can be open if they have a guarantee of 400 bucks.

we are sharing the paddoc with another group of racers..we are going to use the west loop..and we will have tuners there that might have a booth or something i figure.. but just to be on the same side be there early and take your cameras it will be a great event..

evo_dadi
07-28-2004, 05:44 PM
woot woot!!! lets do this then :)

DB8GSR
07-28-2004, 08:23 PM
we are sharing the paddoc with another group of racers..we are going to use the west loop..

Do you know which group this is? And also, we're doing full track, right?

DRFTR8
07-28-2004, 08:57 PM

no we cant do the full track only the west loop...the east loop has been reserved for another meet, so whats left is the west loop which is about 3 miles of track...more than enough for us...

GokuSSJ4
07-28-2004, 09:04 PM
so BW , what configuration ??? and for friday the 13th , how much are we looking at ????
thanks !

DRFTR8
07-28-2004, 10:24 PM
so BW , what configuration ??? and for friday the 13th , how much are we looking at ????
thanks !

it will be at the lost hill... the cost per person will depend upon the number of people who will be attending... if 40 evos attend, the cost will range from $125-150... if we cannot get 40 evos then we will invite some suby drivers.

click on the link below to see the track that we reserved.
http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/race_27.htm

thx247
07-28-2004, 11:01 PM
we are sharing the paddoc with another group of racers..we are going to use the west loop..

Just a small group of drifters. I think the westloop is like 1.5 miles.

DRFTR8
07-29-2004, 08:33 AM
Just a small group of drifters. I think the westloop is like 1.5 miles.

I dont know who will be there, but our loop is about 3 miles, and thats what my contact informed me when i reserved it...

DRFTR8
07-29-2004, 04:18 PM
OK guys here is whats going on here....Jan and I is going to start a new thread with all the info for track day...*YOU GUYS NEED TO SHOW UP* we will have guys from the Subaru tuners coming out and they will be going against the EVO tuners...

hellz Evo
07-29-2004, 04:53 PM
I am pretty sure I can go. How ever Pivot might have the car for a little bit. If it is okay I will bring the WRX. Any ways I am pretty certain that I can go.

DRFTR8
07-29-2004, 05:06 PM
I am pretty sure I can go. How ever Pivot might have the car for a little bit. If it is okay I will bring the WRX. Any ways I am pretty certain that I can go.

yeah bring the WRX...there will be Subaru tuners there to accept the EVO challenge..so bring it...

JanSolo
07-29-2004, 11:26 PM
We're going to get some finalized details this weekend. I am going to meet with Road Race Engineering and XS Engineering this weekend to talk about the details. But, so far, we've definitely got Robi in his Buschur / RRE powered car and WORKS involved on the Evo side. XS Engineering is just figuring out which car they are going to run, as is RRE. Looks like it is going to be good fun, watching the Suby tuners vs the Evo tuners. Now to spam i-club.com once the details are all worked out. :D

EvoVIII
07-29-2004, 11:45 PM
omg Friday the 13, I gotta watch Alien Vs Predator :yikes:

evo_dadi
07-30-2004, 05:46 AM
Now to spam i-club.com once the details are all worked out. :D

got it covered :wink: i posted it at the 3 sites that i know of i-club,nasioc,and clubwrx. :twisted:

DRFTR8
07-30-2004, 08:35 AM
oh they are coming...they assured me that they are going to prove what they have...also i believe those club members would like to see that happen so they will head there to watch that and run with us..so let have a big turn out from this forum

hellz Evo
07-30-2004, 03:08 PM
I propose a tuner challenge. Only tuner cars on the track 10 laps. Passing allowed every where and no timed crap either. 10 or 15 cars at the most for this part. Rubbing, bumping what ever should be allowed. What say you my friends. I am down. I will bring the evo for this event if it happens.

DRFTR8
07-30-2004, 03:12 PM
LOL....yeah and we will get reamed with the insurance....and i believe that happened in that movie with tom cruise...Oh yeah DAYS OF THUNDER...

brwnrice
07-30-2004, 03:23 PM
woot! woot! yeah suby vs evo's, 5 lap battle just like best motoring! i think somebody with a film background should make a short movie of this battle. gathering all in car video from the various car's and put it all together, lap by lap, corner by corner, etc. the dvd's will sell like hot tocino!

gino- you should race your greddy powered evo with all the other tuners and see what it can do! :wink:

webguy330i
07-30-2004, 03:27 PM
Don't make me post the evo vii/viii/sti BM vids here to show you exactly what would happen. :lol:

brwnrice
07-30-2004, 03:29 PM
haha, saw those vids already :lol:

evo_dadi
07-30-2004, 04:15 PM
here's the list thats for sure are driving in this track event.

1.drftr8
2.jan solo
3.evo_dadi
4.Works
5.Robi/Bushcur
6.hellz evo

the rest of you guys just copy and paste with your names if your definitely driving.

hellz Evo
07-30-2004, 04:20 PM
Well if you rely on isurance and warranties than yeah this wont happen. It is a race , a speed contest, terms such as harrasment ,insurance, responsibility and civil rights need not be brought up in these quarters.

So if any one wants to really do this than PM me.

PS: Those so called damages inccured in such ventures have a term.
" BATTLE SCARS". We display them proudly. Wear em like a lucky charm.

webguy330i
07-30-2004, 04:36 PM
1.drftr8
2.jan solo
3.evo_dadi
4.Works
5.Robi/Bushcur
6.hellz evo
7. webguy330i (chris)

the rest of you guys just copy and paste with your names if your definitely driving.

I'm also going to help organize... I workin with Mike on that.

evo_dadi
07-30-2004, 04:38 PM
1.drftr8
2.jan solo
3.evo_dadi
4.Works
5.Robi/Bushcur
6.hellz evo
7.suby dude
8. s
9. u
10.b
11.y

i just got of from aim with suby dude and he said he got 5 guys including him to go.

webguy330i
07-30-2004, 04:41 PM
1.drftr8
2.jan solo
3.evo_dadi
4.Works
5.Robi/Bushcur
6.hellz evo
7.suby dude
8. s
9. u
10.b
11.y

i just got of from aim with suby dude and he said he got 5 guys including him to go.

http://new.is300.net/modules/Forums/images/smiles/bitchin.gif

evo_dadi
07-30-2004, 05:07 PM
so this means you want to go also chris ;)

webguy330i
07-30-2004, 05:15 PM
so this means you want to go also chris ;)

:twisted:

evo_dadi
07-30-2004, 05:21 PM
1.drftr8
2.jan solo
3.evo_dadi
4.Works
5.Robi/Bushcur
6.hellz evo
7.suby dude
8. s
9. u
10.b
11.y
12.webguy330i

UPDATED

let's do this guys :skid:

DB8GSR
07-30-2004, 06:17 PM
1.drftr8
2.jan solo
3.evo_dadi
4.Works
5.Robi/Bushcur
6.hellz evo
7.suby dude
8. s
9. u
10.b
11.y
12.webguy330i
13.DB8GSR

UPDATED

garrick70
07-30-2004, 07:33 PM
I can't make it. Was hoping for Thunderhill.

DRFTR8
07-30-2004, 08:20 PM
1.drftr8
2.jan solo
3.evo_dadi
4.Works
5.Robi/Bushcur
6.hellz evo
7.suby dude
8. s
9. u
10.b
11.y
12.webguy330i
13.DB8GSR
14.goku
15.Scooby tuner
16.Scooby tuner
17.Dsport Mag (?)
18.LIC Motorsports
19.VadersSti
20.boostd4 (?)

robi
07-31-2004, 02:24 AM
1.drftr8
2.jan solo
3.evo_dadi
4.Works
5.Robi/Buschur
6.hellz evo
7.suby dude
8. s
9. u
10.b
11.y
12.webguy330i
13.DB8GSR
14.goku
15.Scooby tuner
16.Scooby tuner
17.Dsport Mag (?)
18.LIC Motorsports
19.VadersSti
20.boostd4 (?)

DRFTR8
08-02-2004, 09:56 AM
OK guys we will need the money by wednesday....its 160.00 for all cars going.

OK here is the email address where you need to paypal the money to..
[email protected]

webguy330i
08-02-2004, 11:09 AM
I am so down! W0rd!

I think a few details for those who are going would be dope. Here is what Mike has told me thus far:

1) some passing will be allowed on certain areas
2) instructor(s) will be available but at what cost?
3) the track config employs "lost hill" using config #27
http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/race_27.htm

Here is a cool write up of one event which took place there:
http://www.advanceautoparts.com/howtos_tips/automedia_html/pht/PHT20030701HB/index.html?page=/howtos_tips/automedia_html/pht/PHT20030701HB/PHT20030701HB.htm

Things we need to know are how we're going to organize the drive down (I presume all us norcal'ers will caravan?), what the event time is for that day (Aug 13, Friday), what the situation is with pits, how many people we can bring (I assume it's unlimited?), what equipment we definitely need (fire extinguisher perhaps?) and what needs to be done to prep the cars (remove stuff, headlight tape? anything else?).

I haven't ever had a track day so I don't know wtf to do with myself. I know I'll prolly be a big ol poosay on the track until I get my bearings down but hey it's gonna be fun regardless! :)

DRFTR8
08-02-2004, 11:21 AM
Things we need to know are how we're going to organize the drive down (I presume all us norcal'ers will caravan?), what the event time is for that day (Aug 13, Friday), what the situation is with pits, how many people we can bring (I assume it's unlimited?), what equipment we definitely need (fire extinguisher perhaps?) and what needs to be done to prep the cars (remove stuff, headlight tape? anything else?).

I haven't ever had a track day so I don't know wtf to do with myself. I know I'll prolly be a big ol poosay on the track until I get my bearings down but hey it's gonna be fun regardless! :)

we will get an instructor to show us around..it will start at 9am-3pm...we have a paddoc on our side of the track...you can bring as many friends as you want but for those who wants to drive they will need to pay the 160.00...as like the other tracks you need to tape your headlights, tail lights..anything that will fall off if you get into a fender bender(KNOCK ON WOOD)...also we will have 3 groups..pros, inter, beginners...tell me where you want to be placed so that it will be easy when you guys are there so we can place you where you need to go...also we need to get there early so that we can prep the cars....but the track is open at 9...

webguy330i
08-02-2004, 11:27 AM
Mike, sounds good. Once you get an attendee list (i.e. all the peeps who have actually paid), I'll handle the organization otherwise if you want. That would include:

- groupings for the track (a/i/n)
- getting everyone coordinated for the drive down from this area (north) and drive up (south) unless someone else can be the southern cali coordinator
- emailing everyone with updates as the date gets closer
- putting together a 'suggested' list of things to bring (cooler, drinks, helmet, tools, stupid crap you might forget)
- general organization otherwise

What do you think? At least I can do something to help smooth this out.

DRFTR8
08-02-2004, 11:35 AM
You got it chris...

webguy330i
08-02-2004, 11:39 AM
If wednesday is the absolute cut off date for payment that will be perfect... I wonder if that's enough advance time for everyone though.

hellz Evo
08-02-2004, 05:01 PM
Hi,

Follwing are few things you guys might want to consider.

Get rid of any thing loose. Floor mats , radar detectors, cd cases and any thing that may break loose under hard breaking or roll over. Saving wheight you can start with jacks, tools, even back seats. Tire pressure should be maximum which I think can be 4-5 pounds over recomended pressure. Have fresh oil and idealy a higher octane gas. Cover up the head lights. Most schools should not and will not allow tint in the back windows. I am sure some one will do a tech inspection and if not some one should volunteer to, just to check and make sure that every thing is there. Carbon hoods must have hood pins. I am sorry if I am ranting but these are basics we used when I used to help run drive schools. I hope it helps.

Absinthe
08-02-2004, 05:35 PM
Hi,

Follwing are few things you guys might want to consider.

Get rid of any thing loose. Floor mats , radar detectors, cd cases and any thing that may break loose under hard breaking or roll over. Saving wheight you can start with jacks, tools, even back seats. Tire pressure should be maximum which I think can be 4-5 pounds over recomended pressure. Have fresh oil and idealy a higher octane gas. Cover up the head lights. Most schools should not and will not allow tint in the back windows. I am sure some one will do a tech inspection and if not some one should volunteer to, just to check and make sure that every thing is there. Carbon hoods must have hood pins. I am sorry if I am ranting but these are basics we used when I used to help run drive schools. I hope it helps.

Agreed accept for the tire presure thing, as you run the tire will heat and ballon creating much LESS traction. Your individual tire pressure will vary by make modle and size of tires.

Dont roll onto the track with max presure cold, best case you get less than optimal traction. Worst case you blow a tire once you roll off the track.

hellz Evo
08-02-2004, 07:35 PM
MMC recomends increasing tire pressure for high speed driving IT IS IN YOUR EVO8 owners manual. How ever please read the charts below to tune your suspensions according to your driving technique.

When racing on D.O.T. approved tires air pressure is a major consideration in tuning the handling of your car, especially in cases where suspension adjustments are limited. The attached chart below shows some of the changes you can make to change the balance of the car
Guide To High Performance Handling

HBR TRACK CHASSIS TUNING GUIDE
SECTION 3 TIRES.
When racing on D.O.T. approved tires air pressure is a major consideration in tuning the handling of your car, especially in cases where suspension adjustments are limited. The chart below shows some of the changes you can make to change the balance of the car.
Guide To High Performance Handling
Adjustments Decrease Understeer Decrease Oversteer
Front Tire Pressure Higher Lower

Rear Tire Pressure Lower Higher

Front Tire Section Larger Smaller

Rear Tire Section Smaller Larger

Front Wheel Camber More Negative More Positive

Rear Wheel Camber More Positive More Negative

Front Wheel Toe Toward Toe-Out Toward Toe-In

Rear Wheel Toe Toward Toe-In Toward Toe-Out

Front Wheel Caster More Positive More Negative

Front Springs Soften Stiffen

Rear Springs Stiffen Soften

Front Anti-sway Bar Soften (Thinner) Stiffen (Thicken)

Rear Anti-sway Bar Stiffen (Thicker) Soften (Thinner)

Weight Distribution More Rearward More Forward
To get even tire wear when using D.O.T. tires you must be very careful not to use too low of a tire pressure. The Hoosier Radials can wear unevenly if underflated and seem to work best at much high pressures, such as the mid 30's to as high as 50 psi. Underinflation will cause a thin ring of wear at the very edge of the tread. The best results on the Hoosiers seem to come when they are properly inflated, on fairly wide wheels, and with a good amount of negative camber. If properly inflated, these problems can be avoided. Probably the biggest adjustment you can make to improve tire wear is the driver. Avoided sliding the tires, locking up the wheels under braking and drive as smooth as possible.
TIRE PRESSURES IN THE RAIN
For both autocross and road racing, increase tire pressures 6-10 psi from what you would normally run in dry conditions. Hydroplaning occurs when a wedge of water develops between the tire and road surface. This wedge can actually lift the tire off the road and eliminate traction. Increasing the pressure rounds the profile of the tire by decreasing the deflection of the tire. This results in a smaller contact patch - narrower and shorter. It also helps keep the grooves in the tread open so they can channel the water out from under the tire.

The table below suggests tire inflation pressures to be used during competition. Tires should be reset to normal inflation pressures when returned to the street. These recommendations should be used as a starting point. Pressure can be adjusted to match the driver’s preferences. Adjust pressure in 2 lb. increments.

TRACK TIRE PRESSURE FOR DOT TIRES.
Type of Vehicle Position Pressure
Front Wheel Drive
Front 35-45 psi
Rear 30-40 psi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Front Engine/Rear Drive
Front 35-45 psi
Rear 30-40 psi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rear Engine/Rear Drive Front
Front35-45 psi
Rear 35-40psi

To get even tire wear when using D.O.T. tires you must be very careful not to use too low of a tire pressure. The Hoosier Radials can wear unevenly if underflated and seem to work best at much high pressures, such as the mid 30's to as high as 50 psi. Underinflation will cause a thin ring of wear at the very edge of the tread. The best results on the Hoosiers seem to come when they are properly inflated, on fairly wide wheels, and with a good amount of negative camber. If properly inflated, these problems can be avoided. Probably the biggest adjustment you can make to improve tire wear is the driver. Avoided sliding the tires, locking up the wheels under braking and drive as smooth as possible.

I hope this helps.

DRFTR8
08-02-2004, 10:32 PM
***NOTE***

The track day has been scheduled for another time...it will be for Oct. we are having a hard time getting the tuners ready in a short time and also the Evo crew are backing out of this event. The one for Oct will be at streets of willow...but i will check if its still open...or we might just do Thunder Hill...

hellz Evo
08-03-2004, 10:52 AM
:roll: what the....... I ordered parts for this man I am heavily invested in this. God D.............

webguy330i
08-03-2004, 10:54 AM
hellz Evo, you need to calm the F down bro, you've been nothing but pushy in this entire thread.

hellz Evo
08-03-2004, 11:09 AM
I would answer that but that would only prove you right. Nice choice of words by the way. I would not do that again if you know what I mean. Also that was a joke, may be you should sell that evo and buy a sense of humor.

webguy330i
08-03-2004, 11:12 AM
I would answer that but that would only prove you right. Nice choice of words by the way. I would not do that again if you know what I mean. Also that was a joke, may be you should sell that evo and buy a sense of humor.

I'm just sayine. Not trying to start shit.

:) :D :o :( :shock: :? :lol: 8) :x :cry: :wink: <-- these 'emoticons' to the left of the composition window should help you demonstrate your humor in the future.

Buzzard
08-03-2004, 01:29 PM
Wow, that's real mature, making threats on a forum. Why not just threaten to kick his ass? That's a real professional way for a vendor to act. Good job!

hellz Evo
08-03-2004, 01:45 PM
I Know I will not win this one. So I will apologize to any one that I offended. I was just trying to help and was really exited about actually being able to race good cars in a competitive enviornment. I did not make any threats to any one. He will only get in trouble by the moderator for cursing. Any how I extend my apologies to all.

webguy330i
08-03-2004, 01:55 PM
^ No worries, I just hope you won't hold anything against me since we will likely meet in person at some event at some point. :)

hellz Evo
08-03-2004, 01:58 PM
We are good. Shit happens it's all good. peace

carbonevo8
08-03-2004, 02:06 PM
hey guys whats up trust me when i say this but hellz evo was only kidding. trust me i know this man personaly and hes only joking around. he was really excited to go to this track event. believe me guys take some notes from this guy he can really drive I'VE SEEN IT IN PERSON AND HE HAS TO BE THE BEST IVE EVER SEEN. you might want to listen to him because he does know alot about racing its basicly his second job besides getting you guys the best deals on parts possible. Now im not here to say that you have to listen to him but hey you can only benifit from doing that. I mean i've only been getting better each day by listening and learnig from him. but im not here to start any wars just trying to help out and give my 2 cents

EvoVIII
08-03-2004, 02:26 PM
hey guys whats up trust me when i say this but hellz evo was only kidding. trust me i know this man personaly and hes only joking around. he was really excited to go to this track event. believe me guys take some notes from this guy he can really drive I'VE SEEN IT IN PERSON AND HE HAS TO BE THE BEST IVE EVER SEEN. you might want to listen to him because he does know alot about racing its basicly his second job besides getting you guys the best deals on parts possible. Now im not here to say that you have to listen to him but hey you can only benifit from doing that. I mean i've only been getting better each day by listening and learnig from him. but im not here to start any wars just trying to help out and give my 2 cents
ya no body is trying to start a war here, so chill chill chill chill

DRFTR8
08-03-2004, 02:59 PM
OK LADIES...heres the update for TRACK DAY...it will be at Streets of Willow cuz i had requests to move it there so its finalized...the price stays the same...160.00. so just send your money to the paypal address i posted before..we will have the tuners there also from both sides....and to add a topping to the cake...i will have my friend attending the event...you guys might know her... Kaila Yu... if not here is her website.. www.kailayu.com

JanSolo
08-03-2004, 03:11 PM
You mean her?

http://www.kailayu.com/images/wall01.jpg

DRFTR8
08-03-2004, 03:24 PM
:jawdrop: :sexy: yup her...my friend kaila

JanSolo
08-03-2004, 03:39 PM
We had to go with her because Jerrold may not be able to make it to the event. He is our usual import model of choice.

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album35/import_model.jpg

DRFTR8
08-03-2004, 03:56 PM
^^ now that should be in the 05 calendar.....LOL

brwnrice
08-03-2004, 04:00 PM
i got bigger boobies than her...the bench warmer standing in for me for the track event since i got some photo shoot to do in tahiti

DRFTR8
08-03-2004, 04:06 PM
oh yeah you mentioned that last night....wasnt that for the victoria secret catalog...

hellz Evo
08-03-2004, 04:41 PM
:shock:

brwnrice
08-03-2004, 05:04 PM
yeah they got a new line, it's called the "butt floss"

DRFTR8
08-03-2004, 05:14 PM
:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes:
dont want to see that on any catalog, if your the one with them on

brwnrice
08-03-2004, 05:22 PM
lol, they might have to cover up my pimple in my right butt cheek :lol:

DRFTR8
08-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Jerrold, you better show up to this one...moved it and everything...oh yeah dont forget saturday..we might hit up tribeca again....lol..this picture was from last saturday.. http://www.sftribeca.com/pics/pics.asp?DIR=07.31.04&Type=2&img=img_0203.jpg&p=

evo_dadi
08-03-2004, 05:33 PM
mike :bow: :bow: so who's car would kaila be riding ;)

brwnrice
08-03-2004, 08:08 PM
cant promise anything bro. just saving up my pennies for the unforseable amount of the closing cost and everything.

to go off topic, i noticed those girls dont like dark skined guys like me it's all good though i'll just give em a booty slap when i pass by.

EVO GRIM
08-03-2004, 08:27 PM
This tread needs to get tossed.

brwnrice
08-04-2004, 09:28 AM
what are you talking about? this topic is off the hook! :lol:

DRFTR8
08-04-2004, 09:34 AM
YEAH, hater....is it because no one is talking to you?.....

kataklyzm
08-11-2004, 10:46 PM
'scuse me all, but where is the track?
im thinking socal for some reason, and i'm prolly waaaaaaaayyyyy off...

JanSolo
08-11-2004, 10:49 PM
The track is closer to the SoCal folks than the NorCal folks, but it's worth the drive.

wilson1
08-12-2004, 03:00 PM
Sorry as i am still recovering from jetlag, but, when is the trackday again?

:oops: :oops:

DRFTR8
08-12-2004, 03:37 PM
All good..its going to be on Sept. 24th at streets of willow...

wilson1
08-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Is the caravan going down on the 23rd?
When is the cut off date?

DRFTR8
08-12-2004, 04:43 PM
we are going to start another thread with all the info for it...but you can use this for any comments.. we also havent talked about the caravan yet..but the track opens at 7am so you can start getting on the track at 730am...and the last car needs to be out of the track by 5pm...

GokuSSJ4
08-13-2004, 11:42 PM
we have a list of socal peeps, we have about 10 so far, hope more can make it.