PDA

View Full Version : WORKS EXPERIENCE

V8KiLL3R
07-27-2004, 07:24 PM
I finally did it! I got my P2 done today by the Works Crew! The service was excellent and was really satisfied and feel (whiplash :) ). What I like most is the discount by being a member of NorCalEvo hehehe. :) Hats off to the WORKS TEAM!

jbigelow
07-27-2004, 09:28 PM
hey, glad to of met you today. p2 is da sheeeeeeit, huh.

i heard you got the gfb bov too. that's good!!!!!

ttyl,
jbigs

V8KiLL3R
07-27-2004, 09:53 PM
Da sheeeeeeetttttt indeed!!!! Glad to meet you as well finally got a chance to meet some of the NorCal members! :)

toasty
07-28-2004, 01:23 PM
When I get my EVO, I'm going to bring it to WORKS for any upgrades.
That is WHEN I get it,.. maybe close to the year end sale. I think that I am going to get the car around December and take 2 weeks vacation and driver the car alot, becuase I still am new to the whole manual thing, versus an automatic transmission.
Is learning manual hard or easy? Just wondering.

:driving:

sharkster
07-28-2004, 03:58 PM
That is WHEN I get it,.. maybe close to the year end sale. I think that I am going to get the car around December and take 2 weeks vacation and driver the car alot, becuase I still am new to the whole manual thing, versus an automatic transmission.

Toasty it's hard to explain... I've driven all kindsa manual/auto cars... The EVO out of the box is cool, clutch it soft and grabs up top which was different than I was used to but it becomes intuitive and second nature. Just takes time;)

rodw
07-28-2004, 04:28 PM
sharkster

I forsee the WORKS TR340 package in your near future :D

toasty
07-28-2004, 06:59 PM
cool thanks, Sharkster

warpspeed
07-28-2004, 07:11 PM

Driving a stick is not really that hard. It just takes practice. Get a rental to practice in, why ruin your car or a friends car :lol: . Also since you are waiting til the end of the year, might as well get a MR Evo. That is if the price is in your area. :wink:

sharkster
07-29-2004, 03:06 AM
sharkster

ROFL.. yeps. I should know better too! I still stick by my goal for this car though- it's gotta be a daily driver. I already have two project cars that sit at the shop lol...

jstockdale
07-31-2004, 09:51 AM
sharkster

ROFL.. yeps. I should know better too! I still stick by my goal for this car though- it's gotta be a daily driver. I already have two project cars that sit at the shop lol...

Well good news for you since I've been running the TR340 as a daily driver for the past 6 months :)

As long as you don't mind paying for gas/tires on the thing (ok, so maybe I'm a little heavy on the go pedal ;)) it's awesome.

However, I would recommend the C2 Clutch, Spin Lightweight Flywheel, and Sway bars to go with it. Makes it a great setup (if you want a ride when I'm back in the states, I'll be more than happy to give ya a spin).

Only downside is now I'm eyeing the Zeals and the turbo kit :twisted:

muhahaha

-S ...