PDA

View Full Version : car thieves! not my car though.

chris
07-29-2004, 12:11 PM
for the past week i have heard 2 cars been stolen. one of my friend's crew member '00 civic si got his car stolen in the gmall parking lots after coming back from a movie at century theatres. well they found it later that evening stripped with just the motor.

and this morning my friends Black '00 civic ex got stolen in front of his driveway. pretty crazy when you think about it. whats up with these car thieves these days man. it sucks to have somethin of yours taken away. he is still lookin for it in the san jose/evergreen area.

MarkSAE
07-29-2004, 12:15 PM
Damn, that sucks. Why are hondas so easy to steal? Do your friends have alarms? Use autolocks and clubs? Maybe car thefts and vandalisms are up because it's summer, and kids got nothin' else better to do w/ their time.

toasty
07-29-2004, 12:18 PM
Why would anyone stripped the Civic si , and leave the motor, isnt it the reason to take the car in the first place is the performance of the motor? Not for the other part.

What are thievies thinking now a days?

I'm am sorry that your friend gets his car back.
Did he leave his car to warm up in the driveway while in the house? How was it stolen, was it broken in to where glass have to be broken to steal the car?

MarkSAE
07-29-2004, 12:41 PM
Back when I was in high school, I knew a bunch of guys who were stealing cars just for fun and then bragged about their accomplishments at school. In fact, some of them drove these stolen cars to school and would go cruising around in them at lunch time. I've seen some of them in action and they can break into a car and drive off in less than a minute if everything goes well. Some people do it just for the money.

warpspeed
07-29-2004, 01:33 PM
Like I always said to all my friends,"It doesn't matter if you have an alarm and how expensive it is. If they really want it, they will take it!" You have to remember also that most likely those guys that "knows" how to bypass alarms are more than likely knows someone who works in a car install place and share the goods. Alarms just gives you a sense of security but that doesn't mean your car is really secured. Alarms are more or less noise makers.

TylerO@WORKS
07-29-2004, 01:40 PM
Damn, that sucks. Why are hondas so easy to steal? Do your friends have alarms? Use autolocks and clubs? Maybe car thefts and vandalisms are up because it's summer, and kids got nothin' else better to do w/ their time.

Most Hondas are disgustingly easy to steal. But the real reason they get stolen so much is the huge market for parts. Thieves need to die.

I have a lot of security on my car, but no alarm. Alarms don't do shit unless you have a pager type. If you can afford it get lo-jack. Thieves need to die.

But in the end, if they want it, they WILL get it. Thieves need to die.

I like to take the ECU with me sometimes. Hidden fuel cuts and ignition cuts... they need a f-ing tow truck to get my baby. And yes they have tow-trucks... Thieves will die.

:(

BluEvo
07-29-2004, 01:42 PM
it's a good investment, to get a lo-jack system. i think i will be doing that to add the extra peace of mind.
it's sad that you can't park your car and enjoy a movie or shop for a couple hours w/o you car be jacked. :x

V8KiLL3R
07-29-2004, 02:25 PM
:) go Tyler! Thieves Will Die

Whooopasss
07-29-2004, 04:29 PM
Thieves need to die

BluEvo
07-29-2004, 05:31 PM
Thieves will die.
:ahnold: :evil:

LEVIII
07-29-2004, 08:12 PM
My 2000 Civic Si got stolen in January. I had the alarm with the pager and a back-up battery. The alarm did go off and make noise which was waht its job was but it was bypassed and driving in less then a minute (I looked out the window to see it drive off) I install car security for a living, so the alarm was installed pretty well, now I look back and think of a few things I should have done different. But I Just recently found out some info that it might have been one of my ex-employees who was there when I did the install. So that would make sense how the did it so quick. But the left my motor, type r tranny, Tokico adj suspension, type r valve cover, and aem cold air. Im not sure why they left it but they did miss out on some expensive shit. Since January ive had 14 or 15 friends with Hondas get jacked, maybe honda theft is on a rise latley? Who knows.

MarkSAE
07-29-2004, 11:22 PM
Most car theft stories you hear about involve hondas. I guess they're much easier to steal. I'm glad we don't hear about EVOs getting stolen, only the occasional vandalism stories.

toasty
07-30-2004, 10:11 AM
Very true about the Honda for being stolen for parts, but I think the best way to REALLY slow down a theif is to put a boot on your car.

TylerO@WORKS
07-30-2004, 10:12 AM
the real reason they (hondas) get stolen so much is the huge market for parts

There isn't a huge market for EVO parts. Yet.

The EVO immobiliser is tricky to get around, but it's not going stop them.

The only REAL answer is to kill all thieves. :ahnold:

toasty
07-30-2004, 10:19 AM
we should invent something that eletrify the car like submarines do to giant octopus or squids. That will stop any theif.
But it will kill anything small like birds, squrrils, cats, and maybe a racoon. :twisted:

MarkSAE
07-30-2004, 12:19 PM
I'd be scared of putting anything into my car that's supposed to mess up a thief. Cuz if something goes wrong, the owners would be the one getting messed up. haha..

I had a TMO ECU in my 1g DSM. That required me to do a timed pedal sequence before being able to start the car. It got kinda annoying after a while though. It'd be cool if we were able to password protect our cars.

Evo8andahalf
07-30-2004, 12:38 PM
how about something like on the batmobile, how he has that armor cover his whole car, i need somethin like that.. :D

JanSolo
07-30-2004, 12:53 PM
how about something like on the batmobile, how he has that armor cover his whole car, i need somethin like that.. :D

The new Batmobile has super swampers on it, no clue on the alarm system though.

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/images/08.jpg

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/images/09.jpg

Evo8andahalf
07-30-2004, 01:49 PM
oh no not that one the batmobile from the first movie this is what i meant..

http://www.chickslovethecar.com/car.asp?mode=shield

07-30-2004, 02:28 PM
email me i got a good alarm that dealers use in la, it work great it even shown on tv too, it new and my friend in la just let me c it, [email protected]

DRFTR8
07-30-2004, 02:51 PM
Jan, i think thats from the movie spy hunter right?

JanSolo
07-30-2004, 03:30 PM
Jan, i think thats from the movie spy hunter right?

It is actually from the new Batman movie that is coming out sometime soon.

chris
07-30-2004, 07:04 PM
dang thats crazy.

toasty
07-30-2004, 07:11 PM
If you put any armor plating on any car, the car will weigh a ton or so, in armor, meaning that you will need bulletproof glass and stuff.
The only good think is maybe a bigger motor to haul the car with that armor on it.