View Full Version : hks eids install and help

carbonevo8
08-02-2004, 10:02 PM
ok here it is guys first i'll list my mods and then the problem im having

K&N Intake
Works throttel body
Works cams
Works 93 P2 flash
Stock blow off valve venting right now (im gonna put my blitz on tomorrow)
3 inch turbo back exhaust
i have other mods but these are the only that will effect the idle.

ok i installed the HKS EIDS tonight and so far no stalls at all on the stocker BOV VTA. but when you slow down or come to a stop it only idles at 1200 RPM after awhile it will go down but it takes atleast 10 seconds.
I know this is a new product to us evo owners but im hoping someone has some experience thanks.

LEVIII
08-02-2004, 10:13 PM
Ive got the eids in mine and it has never idled to high. I know that there is an sdjustment screw on it and some other evo owners told me there was tuning instructions on Evolutionm, but I couldnt find them. Let us know what you figure out though cause I am curious as to the outcome of your problem

carbonevo8
08-02-2004, 10:56 PM
i talked to a guy on evom and he said his did the same and that its ok but im not sure im hope works gets back to me i emaild the and tyler to see if maybe i needed a reflash or something but i will deffinetly keep you updated on my progress

hellz Evo
08-03-2004, 11:07 AM
I just spoke to Patrick with HKS. There should be a screw in the back which should have come set at 12 o'clock. Turn it one click back to 11o'clock position and that should take care of it. Now mind you that when you come off the throttle the car will still idle high but only for a few seconds and not at 1200 but lower. I hope this works. If not than let me know and I will talk to HKS again.

warpspeed
08-03-2004, 11:09 AM
I read one guy on evom installed this and threw a MAF cel. Go figure?

hksevo8
08-03-2004, 11:27 AM
The click to the left should fix the problem. With a reflash from works, you might have some minor issues with the idle being a little higher, because the eids is set with a stock ecu setting from the box. :D

EvoVIII
08-03-2004, 11:39 AM
umm is it hard to install? and who sells the EIDs? I would Like to get 1 too

carbonevo8
08-03-2004, 12:42 PM
ok here it is guys. the hks eids works great i mean great it takes about a hour of driving and now its perfect i have no problems at all now i think it just takes a few runs so the ecu gets programed. i put my blitz bov on today and ive had no problems what so ever. install is extremly easy it took about 10 minutes. i got it from hellzboyzracing here is the website i dont think they have them on there site yet but just call and ask for sam he'll hook you up oh yeah he has the best prices too

thanks again guys and i would highly recomend this part.

Deviousone209
08-22-2004, 01:07 AM
during that hour of driving what did you have to adjust? i also have a vta bov (turbo xs rfl) and i was thinking about getting the eids cuz my car stalls alot.