PDA

View Full Version : aid and abeting speed contest

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Well.. My dumb ass got a nice aid and abeting speed contest ticket at san jose on the 13th.. What do you guys think the amount in fines will be?

rodw
05-01-2007, 11:34 AM
A person convicted of a violation of subdivision (a) shall
be punished by imprisonment in a county jail for not less than 24
hours nor for more than 90 days or by a fine of not less
than three hundred fifty-five dollars ($355) nor more than one
thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment.
That person shall also be required to perform 40 hours of community
service. The court may order the privilege to operate a motor vehicle
suspended for 90 days to six months, as provided in paragraph (8) of
subdivision (a) of Section 13352. The person's privilege to operate
a motor vehicle may be restricted for 90 days to six months to
necessary travel to and from that person's place of employment and,
if driving a motor vehicle is necessary to perform the duties of the
person's employment, restricted to driving in that person's scope of
employment.

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Wow that sucks!

RgistRdShowoffIX
05-01-2007, 11:38 AM
how'd you manage to get the ticket in the first place, if i may ask?

PANGES
05-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Woah. That's alot of shit... Well just hope for the best and hope you only get fined.

chrisw
05-01-2007, 11:51 AM
hire a lawyer.

Limeyboy
05-01-2007, 11:51 AM
What was the scenario please? You may have ways out of this.

superfleajq
05-01-2007, 12:05 PM

^^^

PANGES
05-01-2007, 12:07 PM

^^^

+1

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Blocked in at some street races in san
jose.. pretty much gave me the ticket for being there.. Iono my brother got caught racing and only got a ticket for $390

shotiable
05-01-2007, 12:19 PM
+1 how'd you get into this?

hope everything works out for the best

shotiable
05-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Blocked in at some street races in san jose.. And they didn't watch me racing so they pretty much gave me the ticket for being there.. Iono my brother got caught racing and only got a ticket for $390

wait... did you participate or spectate in the races or were you just at the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong car?

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 12:23 PM
I was watching the races.. And right before we were gonna leave cops showed up

bricel24
05-01-2007, 12:24 PM
supporting street racing eh?

shotiable
05-01-2007, 12:27 PM

wow... iono what to say except for hope everything works out. thats hard to argue out of there. try to get a good lawyer.

PANGES
05-01-2007, 12:29 PM

Eh. That sucks. Usually if you're there watching around here, they send you to state ref... worse case they impound your car and fine you. That would suck if you got fined, went to jail, AND had your license suspended. =/

Your insurance is going to suck too. :(

RgistRdShowoffIX
05-01-2007, 12:34 PM
A good lawyer won't do jack.. :?

Participants in a street race/ exhibition of speed event (racing or spectating) are all charged the same.

Altho I seem to remember an impounding somewhere in list of penalties..

PANGES
05-01-2007, 12:36 PM
A good lawyer won't do jack.. :?

Participants in a street race/ exhibition of speed event (racing or spectating) are all charged the same.

Altho I seem to remember an impounding somewhere in list of penalties..

That's what i thought.

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Nah they didn't take my car I was scared of that.. Cuz that shit aint cheap but I still haven't got my ticket and the officer said I can go to traffic school for it

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 12:44 PM
LoL I did get a ref ticket but I'm not going to put my shit back to stock to much work hahaha..but I know I will get fined just wanted to know how much it would be..

PANGES
05-01-2007, 12:46 PM
LoL I did get a ref ticket but I'm not going to put my shit back to stock to much work hahaha..but I know I will get fined just wanted to know how much it would be..

The state ref ticket is around $400-$500 if you just pay it. But it affects your insurance still. =/

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Shit lol everything affects insurace! LoL I'm not tripn bout the state ref more of the speed contest.. If I can go to traffic school for that then I'm all gravt

PANGES
05-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Shit lol everything affects insurace! LoL I'm not tripn bout the state ref more of the speed contest.. If I can go to traffic school for that then I'm all gravt

ya... if not, u'll have the ref thing and the speed thing on record. I got reffed for my last car and i just paid the ticket and my insurance went up.

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Really? I had like 3 ref tickets with my last car I don't remember my insurance going up... Hmmm

PANGES
05-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Really? I had like 3 ref tickets with my last car I don't remember my insurance going up... Hmmm

oo ur lucky then. If you pull your dmv record, you'll have something on there called "equipment of vehicle" or "emissions of vehicle"

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Lol well this hobby has its risks... I do want to take my car and road race it at infenion..

RgistRdShowoffIX
05-01-2007, 12:59 PM
with the fines you'll be paying you coulda went to infineon D:

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 01:05 PM
159 bucks lol.. Oh well.. I will soon.. I haven't done it so I would be hpde1 with nasa..

Limeyboy
05-01-2007, 01:14 PM
**edit** pasted wrong quote n link. Ill try to dig it out again and re-post with right one. Thanks for pointing out Tam!

It seems from the research I have been doing, that as a spectator, the police may ticket you for aiding and abetting only where the local city ordnance permits it (eg, San Diego). However, where ordinance does not exist, cops can apply a liberal interpretation to CVC 23109(a). The times when "aiding and abetting" was designed to come come into play was, for example, if you start the race. Or put up cones. Or do anything which may help the race.

If you are just standing around watching, the cops can seize your vehicle right off the outset, but to ticket you for aiding and abetting if you are just standing there is a bit rich. You could have just been running to the store and stopped to see what all the crowd was gathering for.

A good *traffic* lawyer will help out on this

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Wow.. Once I see the fine I will see if that's really necessary I don't want to pay a lawyer $500 an hour if its not worth it.. LoL.. Been what 2 and a half weeks and I still haven't got the ticket.. My friend who was there already received his.. LoL

Fa-Q
05-01-2007, 01:33 PM
^you should call the court house. I got a ticket once and it never came in the mail but luckily i called the court house b/c they had it and my court date on file.

Also, is your ticket considered a moving violation? If not, Why would you need to go to Traffic School?

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Lmao nice picture bro ^^ lol! But that's what the cop said.. But I am I'm going to give it another day or too then call..

vtluu
05-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Bill C-19: An Act to amend the Criminal Code (Street Racing) and to make a Consequential Amendment to the Corrections and Conditional Release Act:

http://www.parl.gc.ca/common/bills_ls.asp?lang=E&ls=c19&source=library_prb&Parl=39&Ses=1

Umm... .ca is the TLD for Canada. Those are Canadian laws you're citing.

shotiable
05-01-2007, 02:09 PM
it would be helpful if they were american lawyers now....

vtluu
05-01-2007, 02:12 PM
OOORecks: I think you're not quite getting the gravity of the situation. UB :owned:. Hire a good lawyer and try to stay out of jail. And don't discuss anything else about the incident without first getting legal advice (from a lawyer). Remember, "anything you say can be used against you in the court of law".

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Jus called.. Still haven't filled the ticket.. Been 3 weeks hmmm.. Maybe he won't file it =) lol!

awdaddict
05-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Jus called.. Still haven't filled the ticket.. Been 3 weeks hmmm.. Maybe he won't file it =) lol!

my previous ticket didn't file until like a day before I got my courtesy letter.
Oh, yea... tickets coudl be filed up to 9-12wks after being issued.
I got mine in the system like after 10wks.

PANGES
05-01-2007, 03:04 PM

lol. I doubt that. I was hopin that too when I called about my ref ticket. :D

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 03:17 PM
I know... Its nice to wish! Hahaha well I have heard of them "misplacing" tickets hahaha

Limeyboy
05-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Still no ticket? Though I hear you on the wait and see what the cost is kinda deal. I dont think its the fine thats going to hurt you so much, but the misdemeanor traffic violation on your DMV record is going to impact you.

If you do get the ticket, and don't really feel the need for a lawyer but want to fight it, do this (assuming it falls under CVC and traffic divisions):

Go to court for arraignment, plead not guilty. The judge will respond with a trial date. At this point, ask for trial by written declaration under CVC 40902(b), form tr-205. You will have to post bail there and then, that is usually equal to the fine you would have to pay if guilty. Or do it by post as covered under CVC 40519(b) - send bail and TR-205.

On the trial by written declaration form, in additional information, put "i stand by my plea of not guilty". Add any information you feel is relevant, for example, if you just stopped to see what the commotion was on the way to the store, you should add that you feel a criminal charge is unjust for something as simple as the natural human instinct of curiosity. Stick down that you will not stop when you see such gatherings in future.

If that all fails, you have the right to a trial de novo (new court date, in person, with lawyer), where none of the previous verdicts on the "trial by post" will be counted. Its as if they never happened. Thats covered under CVC 40902(d)

Hope you get it sorted! Cops suck ass.

PANGES
05-01-2007, 03:18 PM
I know... Its nice to wish! Hahaha well I have heard of them "misplacing" tickets hahaha

Only if you have police friends that happen to "misplace" them for you.. :lol:

Limeyboy
05-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Bill C-19: An Act to amend the Criminal Code (Street Racing) and to make a Consequential Amendment to the Corrections and Conditional Release Act:

http://www.parl.gc.ca/common/bills_ls.asp?lang=E&ls=c19&source=library_prb&Parl=39&Ses=1

Umm... .ca is the TLD for Canada. Those are Canadian laws you're citing.

Tam you are right. I pasted the wrong quote n link.. . but the CVC code is correct from my post and the general outline is what I can summarise from what I have fouind..

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Hahaha.. Dammit.. Lmao!

vtluu
05-01-2007, 03:25 PM

Yeah, they certainly suck for trying to break up street racing when they should be out there harrassing law-abiding Evo owners instead. :roll:

awdaddict
05-01-2007, 03:26 PM

Yeah, they certainly suck for trying to break up street racing when they should be out there harrassing law-abiding Evo owners instead. :roll:

Tam's sarcasism kicks in.
:paranoid:
I'm outta here. :lol:

Limeyboy
05-01-2007, 03:26 PM

I dont doubt that they should break up illegal street racing Tam., I do doubt they should be busting bystanders for hanging out. Bust the guys in the cars, the starters, the planners. Why bust people who are hanging out watching other people make asses out of themselves.

My comment still stands, from personal experience, cops suck ass.

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 03:28 PM
LoL.. Yeah fuckers! Go harrasse someone else lmao! Well I sure as hell won't go to san jose anymore

PANGES
05-01-2007, 03:36 PM

I dont doubt that they should break up illegal street racing Tam., I do doubt they should be busting bystanders for hanging out. Bust the guys in the cars, the starters, the planners. Why bust people who are hanging out watching other people make asses out of themselves.

My comment still stands, from personal experience, cops suck ass.

I think because they would consider you an accomplice. Same reason why if you went with someone to a bank robbery and they get caught, you would be arrested too just because you were with them while doing something illegal. I'd imagine a cop is thinking there would'nt be runs or not so many street races if there weren't so many people watching and cheering them on.

Limeyboy
05-01-2007, 03:38 PM
I'd imagine a cop is thinking there would'nt be runs or not so many street races if there weren't so many people watching and cheering them on.

I hear you , and that is a valid point. Perhaps a better route would be fining people, as opposed to giving people detrimental driving records for offenses when they were not even driving. Thats ridiculous. Driving is not just peoples fun, its a lot of peoples livelihood and way to get to work. And I know not everyone in the world has as much money as most of us lucky enough to own an Evo.

(Cops still suck ass) :P

PANGES
05-01-2007, 03:43 PM
I'd imagine a cop is thinking there would'nt be runs or not so many street races if there weren't so many people watching and cheering them on.

I hear you , and that is a valid point. Perhaps a better route would be fining people, as opposed to giving people detrimental driving records for offenses when they were not even driving. Thats ridiculous. Driving is not just peoples fun, its a lot of peoples livelihood and way to get to work. And I know not everyone in the world has as much money as most of us lucky enough to own an Evo.

(Cops still suck ass) :P

Yeah. I know what you mean. The problem with giving simple fines is that people still wouldn't care because everyone has that "you gotta pay to play" mentiality. Plus, most people that can afford to mod their cars and race can afford to pay a $500 ticket. I'm sure at one time, that's all it was, but once they noticed it wasn't getting any better, they started trying to scare more people by slapping them with harsher things like jail time and stuff that'll stay on your record. I do agree, however, that cops really do suck ass sometimes. Sometimes they just mess with u because of your car (and them being dicks), but IMO, in this particular situation, they're just doing their job. I wont flame the OP though, because I can't say I've never been to runs to watch before.

Limeyboy
05-01-2007, 03:46 PM
:) Makes sense I suppose. So remind me why I moved here again?

;)

PANGES
05-01-2007, 03:48 PM
:) Makes sense I suppose. So remind me why I moved here again?

;)

Because you wanted to see why NCE was so cool, because you heard some amazing post whore guy named PANGES was on there? :lol:

Also because SF/Daly City/ and SSF is full of fog and our cars run better in fog. :D

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Yup yup yup.. I like watching them shit.. But dam.. Hahah my car cost me a nut and trying to mod it is costing me my other nut.. Hahaha

PANGES
05-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Yup yup yup.. I like watching them shit.. But dam.. Hahah my car cost me a nut and trying to mod it is costing me my other nut.. Hahaha

Yeah. I know what you mean. I used to go to watch alot. I'd just never drive there with my car. lol. There's some track days coming up in the Meets & Events section. After all this stuff with this incident gets settled, you should sign up and go out there with us if you've never been. It's going to be my first time at the track too.

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 03:54 PM
There will always be street racing.. Until they do us like san diego and give us a place to race! N. Bet lmao! Instead of giving us a traffic fine they give us a free ticket to the race track.. Runs at the track u get 3-5 runs.. And ur off a light ... Street racing is so diff.. Lol wouod be nice if they would close a road for us to go race at night since ppl do work during the day.. Lmao

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Think there is an event june 2nd... Fuck it I need another newbie there hahaha so I don't feel that bad! Lmao! Jus gotta get use to how the evo reacts and shit.. Only had it 6700 miles on it and have had it 9 months.. LoL

Limeyboy
05-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Because you wanted to see why NCE was so cool, because you heard some amazing post whore guy named PANGES was on there? :lol:

Also because SF/Daly City/ and SSF is full of fog and our cars run better in fog. :D

LOL Eugene you crack me up!

vtluu
05-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Limey: I think OOORecks here was doing a bit more than just spectating.

Blocked in at some street races in san jose.. And they didn't watch me racing so they pretty much gave me the ticket for being there.. Iono my brother got caught racing and only got a ticket for $390

OOORecks: by your own admission you were racing--you just didn't get caught doing it. Racing does not belong on public streets. I suggest you seriously consider your behaviour before it lands you or someone else in jail, in the hospital, or worse. With all your "lol" and "lmao" you think this is some big joke?

Kudos to the cops for doing something about street racing. About frickin' time.

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 04:13 PM
I didn't race that night.. I haven't raced on the streets in a long time.. I do go to them tho.. I guess I word it wrong..

PANGES
05-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Think there is an event june 2nd... Fuck it I need another newbie there hahaha so I don't feel that bad! Lmao! Jus gotta get use to how the evo reacts and shit.. Only had it 6700 miles on it and have had it 9 months.. LoL

Damn. I got my car April of 06, so I've had it exactly 1 year and I have 19k miles on mine.

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 04:19 PM
LoL.. Yeah.. Car's coo.. My Rsx was funner tho ( if that's a word) hahaha had a k20a in there that shit was pretty quick felt faster then the evo stock.. Ran 14.0 flat untuned.. On some shitty tires

EvoRicer
05-01-2007, 05:21 PM
LoL.. Yeah.. Car's coo.. My Rsx was funner tho ( if that's a word) hahaha had a k20a in there that shit was pretty quick felt faster then the evo stock.. Ran 14.0 flat untuned.. On some shitty tires

Well wouldn't an RSX have a K20 anyway? :? Also if you can't hit 13s in the Evo then you need more practice...maybe this time on a track...

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 05:23 PM
K20a is a type r k20a2 is the rsx type s k20a3 is the base modle...

Limeyboy
05-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Limey: I think OOORecks here was doing a bit more than just spectating.

And they didn't watch me racing so they pretty much gave me the ticket for being there.

Kudos to the cops for doing something about street racing. About frickin' time.

I read it like that too, but from OOORecks later posts, he implied he was not racing. However, I am 100% behind you in not street racing. Thats wha the track is for.

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Yeah.. I know.. =(

mtsevovii
05-01-2007, 05:55 PM
its ones word against the other. when one argues about a cop,

"but occifer, i wasnt speeding... there wasnt anyone else on the road?"
"i wasnt street racing i was just there at the wrong time, with my rice rocket, and blocking traffic..."
"common occifer! theres no blood in my alcohol~!!"
"what do you mean i didnt fully stop at that stop sign?"

whatever OORecks did, we will never fully know, since we can only go by what he types here...

P.S. Street racers are like the scum of the streets. worse than homeless ppl. at least the homeless stay in their corner and not harm ppl. (although, maybe you street racers can donate your "bets/earnings" to the homeless ppl?)

oh, and no i didnt spell officer wrong. :p

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Well I'm sorry you feel that way.. But I don't really care how you feel.. LoL..

mtsevovii
05-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Well I'm sorry you feel that way.. But I don't really care how you feel.. LoL..

exacty.

thats why i dont care if you go to jail for what you did, or get a $1k fine.

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Its coo

vtluu
05-01-2007, 06:24 PM
So, OOORecks, so far all you've done is joined NCE to post/brag/whine/complain about your street racing ticket...

Do you have anything worthwhile to contribute? Or ...

http://www.encyclopediaofstupid.com/stupid/images/thumb/d/d0/300px-Attention_whore3.jpg

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Lmao! Well I been trying to join.. Jus finally got ma comp.. I really joined to read up on speedelement tunes and full function.. I read that ppl don't really like vishnu here.. But vishnu on evom is pretty well known and shit.. I want to roadrace and set up my car to reach its max.. By doing research and knowing what I'm buying not just buying what someone tells me because from my friends experiences it never works.. But eh.. As far as right now.. I'm looking into the cosworth cams, and turbo upgrades.. I would preffer to wait until jun brings out some cams just because I'm fond of their work and as for the evo8 were the most aggressive cams that were out there. So. Hopefully they bring out some aggressive cams for the evo9. I don't think a 35R is good for roadracing but draging my evo would be GREAT!

PANGES
05-01-2007, 06:39 PM
^^^ I dont have the sigs and avatars turned on at work, but i just looked in your profile. You from Out of Order?

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Yeah

tkeirin
05-01-2007, 08:16 PM
that sux. hope everything works out.

+1 on getting a good lawyer

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Well I will let you know what happens.. Thanks for the people trying to give me idea's on what to do. And for those haters. Don't act like you never street raced. Don't matter whether you were at a street race or racing someone at a light or racing a clock.. You have done it before, we all have so don't. Be talking shit saying "street racers are scum of the earth" cuz I guarantee you have " street raced" before. Just you were fortunate not to get caught. This situation has already changed my thoughts towards street racing but still doesn't take away from the adrenaline rush I get. I know It is something bad. But eh. Maybe I will finally join NASA and get my evo to the track.

Thanks..

mtsevovii
05-01-2007, 10:09 PM
ive out grown it. street raced once in NZ, nearly got into an accident with friends in the car. swore never to street race again.

ive added it to one of my "Immature things Ive done in life" list.

and why are you knocking the haters? i thought you didnt care?

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Haha well maybe I do.. LoL.. And I guess this can be one of the things to add to my extensive "immature" list hahaha..

vtluu
05-01-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm with MtsEvoIX on this one. Yes I've done dumb things while driving and learned my lesson.

You, on the other hand, seem to care more about the consequences to yourself than the effect your actions may have on others. Immaturity defined. I just hope you grow up before you hurt yourself or someone else.

evo8dustu
05-01-2007, 10:18 PM
i was out at 7th a year ago when they blocked everybody in. they gave me a ticket for samething but i ended up only doing community serivice

OOORecks
05-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Cool.. Wouldn't mind doing that.. But we will see what happens.. I really want to do the hpde thing.. =) take some turns and learn how the evo was suppose to be driven

lncrevoviii
05-03-2007, 10:44 PM
^^^ I dont have the sigs and avatars turned on at work, but i just looked in your profile. You from Out of Order?

Out Of Order? hmm. Where have I heard it before?

Ohh right, my co-worker told me that they are a street racing crew. Well, i could go on but thats enough for now.

But anyway, hopefully you can get out of it, thats all I can say. A lot of laws have been changed after 2007 about street racing, speed contests and speeding in general. So Good Luck, you gonno need it.

OOORecks
05-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks brotha

OOORecks
05-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks brotha