PDA

View Full Version : Paranoid about a Fix It Ticket

Tengoku
05-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Hey guys, just got my first fix it ticket for not having a front license plate along with a 88mph speeding ticket in a 65mph

If I take my car to a cop station to have them sign off on the front license plate would they ask me to open my hood or turn on my car to check my exhaust even though I didnt get a ticket for anything other than not having a front license plate?

oh, and any ideas on how much this speeding ticket might cost?

mtsevovii
05-21-2007, 08:04 PM
as for the cops asking to pop hoods/sound. it depends on the department and the cop really... (technically they are just there to sign it off as witnessing that you have fixed the object listed on the ticket)

88mph on 65mph, fine should roughly be around $250-300. depending on traffic school.

Tengoku
05-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Lets say they do and they see my modified intake, are they going to write me another fix it ticket or just refuse to sign off?

mtsevovii
05-21-2007, 08:12 PM
they cant just not sign it off if you have fixed the initial problem. but they can sure write you up a new one.... :?

Tengoku
05-21-2007, 08:23 PM
That sucks

O3EVO
05-21-2007, 08:29 PM
They won't make you pop your hood. They only care about what you came in for. They will consider that the job of the frield cop to have done that.

EvoRicer
05-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Some departments has someone else sign off the tickets.Â* Like in Sac, SPD has Security Officers sign off the tickets while the regular officers are on patrol...and this is at the Main Station...

SilverStreak
05-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Depends on the dept and the officer.

I've heard cases where you pay the "office charge" and they sign off. I've also heard cases where the officer had nothing better to do and signed off on the existing ticket only to write a new one.

Worst case, you could always take the ticket to court, plead guilty to the speeding, opt for traffic school if that is an option, and just take a pic of your car before you walk in to verify the front plate is on, and have the judge sign off for it.

vietevo
05-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

simple as im not consent to any searches. do what you are here to do

EvoRicer
05-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Upon Probable Cause...an exhaust or being lowered is probable cause enough to let a police officer tell you to pop ur hood.Â*

ReSin
05-22-2007, 09:25 PM
I bet if you walk in there and act kewl and be respectful, you won't have any problems. Act like a dick and except to take it in the shorts...at least from my experiences anyways. G/L.

Dennis

krytikel
05-22-2007, 09:39 PM
most of the time they'll leave you alone if its just for a fix-it ticket. The only reason they'll hassle you is if they are having a bad day or you pick a rookie. Other than that, it's all good. If your worried about your exaust, park the car, tell the officer to walk over and after he signs it walk somwhere else. Just be sure to be curtious and respectful and it should be cool 8)

EuGeNiLe
05-24-2007, 03:34 PM
You go and get your fix it ticket signed off, cop goes hey these are one of those fast and furious cars, pop your hood, you get hit for more stuff, but this time, go to the state ref. DONE, thats what you don't want to happen.

SilverStreak
05-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Upon Probable Cause...an exhaust or being lowered is probable cause enough to let a police officer tell you to pop ur hood.

Werd. That's why we get those questions like "If a cop asks me to pop my hood-do I have to?"

It's a VERY grey area.

Heshan
06-01-2007, 10:18 PM
I don't know if tickets are different depending on the county issued in, but I just netted a 86 mph ticket on 65 mph section of 99. (Luckily he wasn't around while I was driving faster.) Anyways, the ticket ran me $200 plus another $31 for traffic school stuff. Can't help ya with the "pop the hood" question but your ticket shouldn't run much higher than mine.

esco
06-05-2007, 09:35 PM
its signed off when u go to the station or go to the court. ask for traffic school for the speeding, then when they ask you for it says its on there and they will sit u down then assign a officer to verify it. then, the D.A. will verify i to the judge.
Ticket solved. I have had one before, signed it off with in 15 minutes. brought it right back to where the officer was sittin at. Its a $10 correction fee.