PDA

View Full Version : speeding ticket from nevada highway patrol...

thomas
08-09-2004, 02:56 PM
sup fellas, got back last nite from vegas...was off the hook. sooo many hot women, sooo much $$$ to lose...haha, broke about even considering i wasnt doing too much other than playing cards and drinking.

anyway...

so my buddies and i drove down to vegas in a rental car. dumbass ass rep gave us a brand new impala, get this: 6 miles on the clock! haha, it was indeed broken in by the time we got to vegas. trip was alot of fun, except for the fact that i got caught speeding by the NHP. he clocked it at 101 in a 70, so im 31 miles over the limit.

my question to you guys is...anybody kno how much itll be and if i can take traffic school if i havent gone in the past 18 months? i called the court house and they said that they wont kno anything until 4 weeks has passed. juss wanted an estimate of how much its gonna cost so ill kno how many extra shifts ima gonna need to work, haha.

oh wells, considering it was a long lonely stretch of highway 95 with no cars on my side of the road @ 1230 in the am. what do they expect us to do? drive the speed limit, ha! oh yea, i had my radar dectector on but sounded off juss as he turned on his lights. im thinking he had his gun pointed at me from a distance and didnt turn it on till that very last min. sucks.

but overall had a good time. id do it again, go back to vegas. next time, ima gonna fly...

jbigelow
08-09-2004, 03:45 PM
glad to hear you had fun, but sorry to hear about that ticket.

anyways, any ticket (in ca) going 15 mph over the speed limit will not let you take traffic school. :(

i think insurance will be the main killer here thomas.

-john

ace33joe
08-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Sorry to hear about the ticekt. It really sucks whether it's in CA or NV. I guess CA cars traveling to Las Vegas are main source of income to NHP.

I heard violation in another states won't affect your driving record in the state where your license issued. So hopefully, it won't affect your insurance either. I am not sure whether this applies here in CA or not.

Good luck.

thomas
08-09-2004, 05:03 PM
thx for the info guys.

GReddy_917
08-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Thomas...#1 Im glad you had fun in Vegas...Im flying out there in two weeks and cant wait! :D

#2 Anytime you break 100mph there is no chance in hell of traffic school...also it is a 2-point violation...which means that your license will possibly be suspended (mine was). Also, be prepared to pay up the ass in fines and insurance for the next 3 years.

sorry bro..I hate being the bearer of bad news.

LEVIII
08-09-2004, 08:15 PM
I got a speeding ticket in Cali (106 in a 45) when I still had a Nevada driver license and HAD to appear in court and they said traffic school was not an option but did reduce price to like 300 bucks. But it really hurt the most with insurance. But on the good side i didnt loose my license.

warpspeed
08-09-2004, 08:49 PM
I heard violation in another states won't affect your driving record in the state where your license issued. So hopefully, it won't affect your insurance either. I am not sure whether this applies here in CA or not.

Good luck.
It does affect you driving record because they have a database that they put any violation you get even in different states. Sorry about your ticket bro. In Cali. anything over 30 mph the posted sign is considered reckless driving and no traffic school. Now since you got caught in NV., it depends on your driving record and the judge on the kind of penalty he/she will give you.

ytsejam
08-09-2004, 10:22 PM
lucky he didn't put you in jail, homie.
over 100mph is reckless driving.

anyways, lucky you just got a ticket and got home safely.

i am going on vacation to vegas next week too, can't wait.

good luck on this case. take the traffic school if allowed. could save you good amount of $$$ on insurance like others have stated above.

thomas
08-09-2004, 10:42 PM
thanks for everyones response. really cant do anything until 4 weeks rolls around, juss wanted to get some input on this...never had a ticket issued in a diff. state.

ive decided to fly back and fight the ticket. well if ima gonna pay up, mind as well show up and explain the reasoning, haha.

if anything, i think "your honor" will lessen the fine if i show up. insurance will be another story. *shrugs*

thats life...

ytsejam
08-09-2004, 11:45 PM
just plead guilty on reduced fine...

also, u can try another approach:
i wasn't speeding your honor, i was qualifying... :)

thomas
08-10-2004, 12:33 AM
just plead guilty on reduced fine...

plea: guilty with reasoning, no substantial concrete evidence of any excess speed of over 100 mph :wink:

CollinsT
08-11-2004, 12:29 PM
sup fellas, got back last nite from vegas...was off the hook. sooo many hot women, sooo much $$$ to lose...haha, broke about even considering i wasnt doing too much other than playing cards and drinking.

anyway...

so my buddies and i drove down to vegas in a rental car. dumbass ass rep gave us a brand new impala, get this: 6 miles on the clock! haha, it was indeed broken in by the time we got to vegas. trip was alot of fun, except for the fact that i got caught speeding by the NHP. he clocked it at 101 in a 70, so im 31 miles over the limit.

my question to you guys is...anybody kno how much itll be and if i can take traffic school if i havent gone in the past 18 months? i called the court house and they said that they wont kno anything until 4 weeks has passed. juss wanted an estimate of how much its gonna cost so ill kno how many extra shifts ima gonna need to work, haha.

oh wells, considering it was a long lonely stretch of highway 95 with no cars on my side of the road @ 1230 in the am. what do they expect us to do? drive the speed limit, ha! oh yea, i had my radar dectector on but sounded off juss as he turned on his lights. im thinking he had his gun pointed at me from a distance and didnt turn it on till that very last min. sucks.

but overall had a good time. id do it again, go back to vegas. next time, ima gonna fly...

U need prepaid legal insurance..I know where u can get it. That ticket that you got well that would get taken care of....26 bucks a month for the insurance and a lawyer would fight the ticket in your place without you even showing up

Gruppe-S
08-11-2004, 07:25 PM
you can still fight it altho you went over 31mph above posted speedlimit. Try www.ticketassassin.com , and follow its procedures. Good luck!

Cal

thomas
08-12-2004, 09:30 AM
you can still fight it altho you went over 31mph above posted speedlimit. Try www.ticketassassin.com , and follow its procedures. Good luck!

Cal

hey cal, thanx! i think ima gonna try this...i called the courthouse and the person answering the phones said that it is possible to submit, in writing, my case, instead of showing up. ill let you guys kno what the outcome is lates...

thx for everyones input. wish me luck, fellas.

ytsejam
08-12-2004, 11:24 AM
good luck, buddy!

Buzzard
08-12-2004, 01:16 PM
LOL, since the ticket was in Nevada it will have no impact on his CA drivers license.....no 2 points against him or suspension of license. His insurance will know about it eventually, so it will impact there. If you don't take care of it, Nevada will issue a Bench warrant for your arrest but if you don't pulled over or arrested in Nevada, then it shouldn't matter much. As an example, my Father had six excessive speeding tickets in Delaware in one month when he was in the area on 3 seperate trips (hmmm, I guess I know where my speeding genes come from....but wait, Mom drives a 'Vette!). He has had an outstanding warrant from Delaware since 1982! I don't know if there is a statue of limitations on something like this but he went to Delaware a number of times after the warrant and never got busted. He just drove the speed limit while in Delaware every time.

crapsstickman
08-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Good thing you were'nt in your evo... You may have been going much faster. :lol:

Anyways, having got a ticket in Reno, a mere 6 hours after I bought my Evo is kind of similar. I was only doing like 10 over and it was $100. They actually wrote the fine on my ticket. Kinda nice considering. I always hate waiting for that dreaded piece of mail to show up, to discover that it was outrageous! It may be a county thing too. But if they didn't write the "Bail" on the ticket, then I think you just gotta wait.

thomas
09-13-2004, 04:41 PM
YEEEAAAHHH!!!

juss called the nevada justice court and they told me that my fine has been reduced from $500, to $160. woohoo. :peace: hmmm, seems like they reduced it after looking at my driving record bc i didnt ask them to. but, believe me, im very glad they dropped it down to 160. now i can juss pay it off and attend traffic school (online).

whew! that took a some weight off my shoulders. was thinking i would be paying over a grand and not be able to go to traffic school to erase this incident.

*funny* i went to lunch at an asian restuarant today and my fortune cookie said: "you are going to have good fortune in your personal life," ha! dont kno if this has anything to do with it, but im sooper happy :D

nebolic
09-13-2004, 04:45 PM
congrats dude :) glad to hear you got off a little easier than anticipated.

Nebo

thomas
09-13-2004, 04:48 PM
congrats dude :) glad to hear you got off a little easier than anticipated.

Nebo

thx homie. :sexy:

ace33joe
09-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Good for you! I wish San Mateo Superior Court Judge had been kind enough to offer me a traffic school for my speeding ticket in 02. (It was less than 100miles/h. Still didn't get traffic school offer)